Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

aluminium

Jul 29, 2019
I am looking specifically for a mod-pack that is similar to FTB infinity or TPPI2. A modpack that has a lot of mods and is frequently updated and has some servers, but includes the localized weather mod? Thanks if anyone knows

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Since when did mobs spawn on a floor made of double half-slabs? If I knew it wasn't gonna stop the mobs I prob wouldn't have spent the time and effort. sigh
maybe it was mobs cant spawn on half slabs(on the bottom side of the block not the top ithink) not double halfslabs there was some mention i think of single half slab floors in reference to the modpack departed because some of the mobs in that pack really cared less what the light lvl was and the single half slab floors were one of the few ways to even try to stop them from spawning .

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Since when did mobs spawn on a floor made of double half-slabs? If I knew it wasn't gonna stop the mobs I prob wouldn't have spent the time and effort. sigh

Nevermind, I guess its one of the features of Infinity modpack's Expert mode.

Umm, I thought that was a vanilla mechanic.

Half slabs used on the "bottom" portion of a block space will not spawn mobs because they don't see it as a viable location, but double half slabs are a full block, thus perfectly fine for creepers to come along and say "Nice place you got here... Would be a shame if something were to happen to it...."

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Quite literally anywhere there's air underground. Any cave mineshaft or dungeon. They are much less common underground than on the surface i find.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
OK, thanks. Do you know what file has the frequencies for Wireless Redstone? Have to add a bunch of frequencies and don't want to type them all on the controller.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Nevermind, found it. But does anyone know if it's the ME Controllers that dictate how many channels are read from the system or the cables?

Having massive problems with the ME Cables, Buses keep saying "Missing Channel" even though I have them attached to dense and smart cables.

Last edited:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Nevermind, found it. But does anyone know if it's the ME Controllers that dictate how many channels are read from the system or the cables?
short form its both but the controller is more important but to get any more then 8 channels from a side of a controller u need dense cable or dense ae conduit(ender io style ae conduit) (unless u make a p2p tunnel directly on the controller face , this causes an issue of not knowing how many channels u have used up on that tunnel easily ) and normal cable/conduit can only have 8 channels passing through it any more and u will have channel issues on that line

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
MAJOR PROBLEM...Fires are sprouting up in my base and on Stone. What is causing this?

Whose bloody stupid idea was it to make Firestone Ore burn everything to the ground? Seriously, there should be a warning about this.

Though the ME System was pumping out too much heat or it was a Thaumcraft Effect (Bollux). And I didn't have any reactors, so I was just watching my base go up in smoke.

Last edited:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
MAJOR PROBLEM...Fires are sprouting up in my base and on Stone. What is causing this?

Whose bloody stupid idea was it to make Firestone Ore burn everything to the ground? Seriously, there should be a warning about this.
well i know the ithem u get after u process firestone ore has text saying something of a warning about heat but im not sure if the ore it self has a similar warning
its one of main ithems(+2 other things made from it) u dont wanna have in a players normal inventory any longer then necessary (why bags or knapsack or a pouch is so lovely sometimes)

on the ae having a heat mechanic im pretty sure far more people would have complained far more about ae changes if there was such a mechanic added in the transition (thankfully its not )

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I spent 15 minutes running around my base putting out fires and having new ones start. Went from level to level, made of stone and wood, only to find out that I was holding something that was causing it. I was like a madman trying to put them out, they were everywhere.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
I spent 15 minutes running around my base putting out fires and having new ones start. Went from level to level, made of stone and wood, only to find out that I was holding something that was causing it. I was like a madman trying to put them out, they were everywhere.
You were holding it? Did your house survive?

Sent from my Barrel of Fun using Tapatalk

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
It was in my inventory because I wanted to see it I got drops or the ore when I mined it and half my base burnt to a crisp.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
im guessing found it in a laser drill's output "chest "

because finding it in world gen would mean mining under a lava lake in the nether so there would be plenty of fire spawning after u exited the pool so there might have been more of a warning

Reactions: erindalc

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Yes and was scratching my head as to what they were. Didn't need them until I decided to put some ores into my Auto-Ore Breaker.