Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
What is the best mining tool for manual mining in Direwolf20 v1.8.0 for Minecraft 1.7.0?
I haven't found any multi-block miners yet.
Tinkers Construct Hammers?
As soon as you can scrounge together enough iron for a Tool Forge you can simply make some hammers out of cobble and sticks as handles. They usually do the trick until you get some proper materials and they can easily be repaired with cobble.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Is the Diamond Dolly the only way to move spawners? I'm playing Pickle Pack 2, and JABBA is not in the pack. Nor Ender IO. So it's hard to make a Blood altar based on mob sacrifice if they are spawning in caves and everything underground, instead of spawning in my mob farm...
Got MFR? Its Portaspawner can move spawners, although it's single-use and rather expensive.

A portal gun or gravity gun should also do the trick, if you have either of those mods.

Blood Magic's teleposers should also be able to move spawners as well.

Reactions: Ashendale

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Other than PerfectSpawn, what mod can I use that changes the spawn dimension of a modpack? I don't know the exact coordinates the player will spawn into as the world generation will be different for every world they make.
You could just give the player a portal which they can get to the dimension.

LuisAdeur

Jul 29, 2019
This is the worst, I set up a few machines and early on I'll end up with several different kinds of ore, dust and ingots. I keep saying someone should make a universal ingot mod which replaces all items with the correct oreDic into a new kind of ingot with all the proper oD names, the only problem would be steel, cause somemods have different grades/kinds of steel which may not want to be universalized.
true , for example refined iron ingot which is steel it falls under Ore:ingot Steel as oredic.
but its actual name is IC2:itemIngot:3

Noiro

Jul 29, 2019
You could just give the player a portal which they can get to the dimension.
I'm planning to do something very different to the overworld and they would die instantly beginning-game. I've also seen various other people make modpacks which spawn players in another dimension. How would I do that from the beginning?

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I have a Regrowth question - specifically Mekanism/BC pipes related. Is there a way to connect the two?
I have 2 wind turbines connected to the 2nd highest Mekanism pipe, it runs the farm and the forestry machines but I have a robot and the lasers etc that require BC pipes. I tried an energy cube, which accepted the power, but could not get it to output to gold kinesis pipes & yes I made the side connecting to an output.

Does anyone know the number of quests in 0.8.2 - I have done about 190 and it currently shows 228 I think - are there many more hidden quests?

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
I have a Regrowth question - specifically Mekanism/BC pipes related. Is there a way to connect the two?
I have 2 wind turbines connected to the 2nd highest Mekanism pipe, it runs the farm and the forestry machines but I have a robot and the lasers etc that require BC pipes. I tried an energy cube, which accepted the power, but could not get it to output to gold kinesis pipes & yes I made the side connecting to an output.

Don't BC pipes require wooden pipes when dealing with energy sources?

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Don't BC pipes require wooden pipes when dealing with energy sources?

Maybe! I know transport pipes do but .... I will take a look - thanks

Edit - Works - and I SHOULD have worked that out Thanks again

Last edited:

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Is the Diamond Dolly the only way to move spawners? I'm playing Pickle Pack 2, and JABBA is not in the pack. Nor Ender IO. So it's hard to make a Blood altar based on mob sacrifice if they are spawning in caves and everything underground, instead of spawning in my mob farm...

Practicalities' Matter Transporters, they move just about anything.

Reactions: Ashendale

Kezeal

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf20 pack. When manually mining, is there a good way to automatically get rid of cobblestone without having to manually drop/compact it?
Currently using handheld crafting table to compact them, but the inventory gets full too fast.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf20 pack. When manually mining, is there a good way to automatically get rid of cobblestone without having to manually drop/compact it?
Currently using handheld crafting table to compact them, but the inventory gets full too fast.
A couple Digger's Backpacks.

Reactions: rhn and Kezeal

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I throw it all into an enderchest and let it get compressed and stored in my ae system

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
also there is the /dev/null to keep a stack of cobble at most, if you put the cobble in it. You can also use it to build with the cobble inside it. Very useful if you have a cobblegen automated.

Reactions: Everlasting2

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
inventory gets full too fast.
if u wanna save the cobblestone maybe a sigil of compression would work nicely(needs over 64 cobblestone in ur bag before it will compress cobble) if u don't care about the cobblestone and just want all cobblestone out of your inventory asap then /dev/null time it immediately voids what ever it is set to after it collects 1 stack of the item any further of that item u pick up from the ground gets voided even if multiple stacks of the item enters your inventory at once
A couple Digger's Backpacks.
if the main inventory is getting filled too fast ,what makes u think a few meh bags will help to the degree kezeal wants ? if they are to get a forestry bag they should get miners not diggers backpacks

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
if the main inventory is getting filled too fast ,what makes u think a few meh bags will help to the degree kezeal wants ? if they are to get a forestry bag they should get miners not diggers backpacks
I usually go mining early game with 2x Diggers and 2x Miners. That is usually a good match and they tend to get just about full when my main inventory is getting filled with random junk(items from dungeon chests,oreberry bushes, mob drops that don't fit in my Hunters backpack etc.) and I need to return anyway.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I usually go mining early game with 2x Diggers and 2x Miners. That is usually a good match and they tend to get just about full when my main inventory is getting filled with random junk(items from dungeon chests,oreberry bushes, mob drops that don't fit in my Hunters backpack etc.) and I need to return anyway.
I don't even bother with the extra Diggers, but that's because I play with the cheat-trashcan enabled usually: I just "delete" any extra cobble I don't feel like hoarding.

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
--------Solved------
Why did Aroma backup get dropped from Infinity and what is to be used to replace it?

I see there is a backup option with FTButilities now on Infinity Evolved.

Last edited:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
that comment was intend directly to the person being quoted right above the comment

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
that comment was intend directly to the person being quoted right above the comment
Yes... I know... And I commented on your "what makes u think a few meh bags will help" with a real case of it actually working.