Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing Departed, and, far as I see it, TiC armor is a good cheap armor set with some neat bonuses. I read the wiki entry and it says that, at full durability, it offers the same protection as diamond. Does that mean the more worn out it is, the less it offers?

Also, can I get some tips on good upgrades to get before I go into the Nether? I need some Glowstone, but I watched some videos and I'm kind of scared to go in there...

Edit: Never mind, I tested it on a creative world and even with Perfect Dodge 3 I take more damage with the Travellers armor than, for example, the Alacrity armor. Which is strange, since they offer the same protection... Is this intended?
*Same protection but less damage reduction. Kind of weird but that's how it works, full durability is about as good as iron I think.

Reactions: Ashendale

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
How do I get the mod developer banner on my forum profile?
Look here.

Do note that Captainnana hasn't been very active lately, and that they'll only give you one if you can prove that you wrote the mod in question (by, say, putting a link on your MCF post to your forum profile here), and that it's been around for at least two months.

LuisAdeur

Jul 29, 2019
Question , let's say i only want all my machines all my furnances or anything to just be 1 type of ingot. example
i get a mekanism copper ore and i smelt it , it will give me mekanism copper ore but how can i make it let's say thermal foundation copper ore. without WITHOUT having to use a oredic converter block.
like i would like my ingot to be thermal foundation from the dot. like getting a mekanism ore and putting it in the vanilla furnance will give me a thermal foundation.
or when i use a macerator from IC2 to give me ore dust from thermal foundation.
all this are examples but you get the point. thanks in advanced :)
and please don't reply telling me to use a oredic block because that's no what i need. i'm talking about a line of code for minetweaker or modtweaker or any config from the mods themselve

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Question , let's say i only want all my machines all my furnances or anything to just be 1 type of ingot. example
i get a mekanism copper ore and i smelt it , it will give me mekanism copper ore but how can i make it let's say thermal foundation copper ore. without WITHOUT having to use a oredic converter block.
like i would like my ingot to be thermal foundation from the dot. like getting a mekanism ore and putting it in the vanilla furnance will give me a thermal foundation.
or when i use a macerator from IC2 to give me ore dust from thermal foundation.
all this are examples but you get the point. thanks in advanced :)
and please don't reply telling me to use a oredic block because that's no what i need. i'm talking about a line of code for minetweaker or modtweaker or any config from the mods themselve
This is the worst, I set up a few machines and early on I'll end up with several different kinds of ore, dust and ingots. I keep saying someone should make a universal ingot mod which replaces all items with the correct oreDic into a new kind of ingot with all the proper oD names, the only problem would be steel, cause somemods have different grades/kinds of steel which may not want to be universalized.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, FTB Infinity Evolved. Keep forgetting to say which pack I'm playing.
FTB Utilities have a chunk loading system. For what I understand, on your inventory you have some option buttons and the chunk claiming function makes claimed chunks to be chunk loaded.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
FTB Utilities have a chunk loading system. For what I understand, on your inventory you have some option buttons and the chunk claiming function makes claimed chunks to be chunk loaded.

-Redacted-

Found it. It's in the main menu.

Found the problem, it's Optifine. Trying to get a response from them to see what has to be disabled.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
This is the worst, I set up a few machines and early on I'll end up with several different kinds of ore, dust and ingots.
It is a minor annoyance IMO as you would probably stuff the ingots into a Jabba barrel or a Storage Drawers container anyway. And then problem is all fixed.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Which pack? Can the FTB Tweaks not do the job, instead (chunk claiming and all that)?
I'm guessing that FtB Tweaks or Utilities is now handling that... they just added both to Direwolf20. I'll have to see if ChickenChunks is still included.

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get belladonna seeds (Witchery) in Infinity Evolved (expert mode)? It seems to be disabled for grass drops (even though it still shows it in NEI) and I can't put crops on water, so it only gives me mandrake seeds, when I try to crossbreed it using mandrake and water artichoke.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
How do you get belladonna seeds (Witchery) in Infinity Evolved (expert mode)? It seems to be disabled for grass drops (even though it still shows it in NEI) and I can't put crops on water, so it only gives me mandrake seeds, when I try to crossbreed it using mandrake and water artichoke.
You have to crossbreed it. Water artichoke is planted on a water paddy, use a shovel/mattock on farmland to make it, then fill with water, you can put crops on this.

Noiro

Jul 29, 2019
Other than PerfectSpawn, what mod can I use that changes the spawn dimension of a modpack? I don't know the exact coordinates the player will spawn into as the world generation will be different for every world they make.

Kezeal

Jul 29, 2019
What is the best mining tool for manual mining in Direwolf20 v1.8.0 for Minecraft 1.7.0?
I haven't found any multi-block miners yet.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Is the Diamond Dolly the only way to move spawners? I'm playing Pickle Pack 2, and JABBA is not in the pack. Nor Ender IO. So it's hard to make a Blood altar based on mob sacrifice if they are spawning in caves and everything underground, instead of spawning in my mob farm...