Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
That was my first guess, but it's not in the pack. I left it there as it is. As long as they don't try to shoot each other, they don't blow. And since they can't see me, it's ok.
Sounds like you need a vanilla solution here. place a block (cobble, dirt, whatever) then place a redstone torch on it. Then another block above the torch with another redstone torch on top it. Repeat until you get to the top. You may need one final redstone torch to invert the signal at the top.

The other more manual way would be to have ladder up the side and go punch holes in the top and place some type of light in the holes.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. It's a fun pack in a way that throws you back to the basics to try and connect them with popular mods. It's like a smaller Infinity with a quest book.

Edit: I just dropped by to inform that I am imensely retarded for not creating a horizontal mob farm with conveyor belts/water.

Yeah...

Last edited:
Reactions: Type1Ninja

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Am I dreaming? Or hallucinating? I could swear I see a 1.8 modpack in the Launcher.... Nah. Think I'll just drink a glass, er, bucket of milk and go to bed early tonight, maybe tomorrow I'll be back to normal.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Am I dreaming? Or hallucinating? I could swear I see a 1.8 modpack in the Launcher.... Nah. Think I'll just drink a glass, er, bucket of milk and go to bed early tonight, maybe tomorrow I'll be back to normal.
It's not just you. I think I'm drunk too it something.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013

Yup. I'm totally hammered as well. I tried to make a world with it. Nothing happened

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013

Yup. I'm totally hammered as well. I tried to make a world with it. Nothing happened

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
There was a tweet during the weekend of a 1.8 pack but they said maybe by the end of Dec...

LostGuyJB

Jul 29, 2019
FTB expert mode:
I'm working on a farming golem. Is there any decently cheap source of meto? (I don't really want to craft 10 golden hoes for one golem.) Also, how well do the farming golems work with agricraft?

Thanks in advance

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
FTB expert mode:
I'm working on a farming golem. Is there any decently cheap source of meto? (I don't really want to craft 10 golden hoes for one golem.) Also, how well do the farming golems work with agricraft?

Thanks in advance
I don't much know on Infinity's Expert mode, but I can tell you, at least on REgrowth, golems work well with Agricraft. But before you go spend all that on golems, do fire up a test world.

Reactions: LostGuyJB

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Can I get golems to stop doing their chores (I was thinking of a chopper golem, for example) once the inventory associated is full? Or should I just get a JABBA barrel with void upgrade?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
How do I remove the upgrades from a Golem safely?

There is no safe way to remove Cores or upgrades. It's Like Someone Else said, but you have a chance at not dropping the core or upgrades.

I'm fairly sure the core is guaranteed back if you disassemble a golem, it's the upgrades and accessories that can be lost. I don't tend to need to swap them though.
Can I get golems to stop doing their chores (I was thinking of a chopper golem, for example) once the inventory associated is full? Or should I just get a JABBA barrel with void upgrade?
If you combine a buildcraft gate on a structure pipe with a golem fetter, that should do the trick.

Reactions: Ashendale

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
FTB expert mode:

Thanks in advance
i dont know if expert mode changes this but last i check all kinds of hoes have meto so u might not have to use gold hoes , sheers might have the aspect as well

Reactions: LostGuyJB

LostGuyJB

Jul 29, 2019
i dont know if expert mode changes this but last i check all kinds of hoes have meto so u might not have to use gold hoes , sheers might have the aspect as well
I'll check shears- good thought. The problem is wooden, stone, and iron hoes are not craftable in expert mode. You can get the equivalent in TiCon but so far nothing in TiCon scans for aspects.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing Departed, and, far as I see it, TiC armor is a good cheap armor set with some neat bonuses. I read the wiki entry and it says that, at full durability, it offers the same protection as diamond. Does that mean the more worn out it is, the less it offers?

Also, can I get some tips on good upgrades to get before I go into the Nether? I need some Glowstone, but I watched some videos and I'm kind of scared to go in there...

Edit: Never mind, I tested it on a creative world and even with Perfect Dodge 3 I take more damage with the Travellers armor than, for example, the Alacrity armor. Which is strange, since they offer the same protection... Is this intended?

Last edited: