Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Locate on the scarecrow statues made out of hay bales. There is always a zombie spawner under it. Box it in and use water to push the mobs out of the box and down so you can kill them and collect the aspects.
Thanks, didn't think fo that one. So happens I think I have one of those near the house. It'll be a bit hard setting that up, but it's the best thing from all the options I got so far.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Locate on the scarecrow statues made out of hay bales. There is always a zombie spawner under it. Box it in and use water to push the mobs out of the box and down so you can kill them and collect the aspects.
that implies witchery is in the pack because i believe that is part of its world gen and i dont think witchery is in departed

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Having trouble getting the Item Cannon from Open blocks to work while pointing west. It won't take items from the chest.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
that implies witchery is in the pack because i believe that is part of its world gen and i dont think witchery is in departed
I just checked. It is. I still haven't got around to do this stuff on Departed, but I'm pretty sure I have a wicker man near my base (base is an exageration; it's a shack where I cry untill the night time is over).

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
They're not always benevolent... ask anyone who has used a set of mechanical polyhedron RNGs to determine the mathematical results utilizing printed tables of statistics... (Dungeons and Dragons) :D

Reactions: Type1Ninja

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Why so many grindy HQM packs, gahhhhh. HQM has the potential to be so much more. And that's what I am getting annoyed about with all these HQM packs.

Haha, sorry I've ranted about this before but I've been playing a pack that used HQM as a contract book instead of some meta storyline narration.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Why so many grindy HQM packs, gahhhhh. HQM has the potential to be so much more. And that's what I am getting annoyed about with all these HQM packs.

Haha, sorry I've ranted about this before but I've been playing a pack that used HQM as a contract book instead of some meta storyline narration.
I fell you, brah. Might I suggest trying Pickle Pack Magical 2 or Mage Quest? They don't feel too tied to the quest book (though they have some nice flavour text), but it is nice and handy for rewards or for when you feel lost.

I don't know if you're a fan of magic or tech, but if you're not too much of a fan of magic, the Pickle Pack is a good modpack to link the two. Mage Quest is just magic, though.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015

what happened this time ? is the book in this instance just do x y z in a premade world and u have to do it else there is a negative ?

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I fell you, brah. Might I suggest trying Pickle Pack Magical 2 or Mage Quest? They don't feel too tied to the quest book (though they have some nice flavour text), but it is nice and handy for rewards or for when you feel lost.

I don't know if you're a fan of magic or tech, but if you're not too much of a fan of magic, the Pickle Pack is a good modpack to link the two. Mage Quest is just magic, though.
Not picky I really enjoy both. But tech is preferable ;P. I've heard good things about pickle pack, I might pick that up soon.

Mr.Dawgie

Jul 29, 2019
sooooo i'm playing agrarian skies and I switched the gamemode to creative to see if I could use transfer pipes. Then I switched to survival and tried crafting something and my NEI wasn't there! How do I get this back? I tried reloading to a backup but it saved my settings. Is agrarian skies on a special gamemode? I need help! Thank you.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like an idiot by asking about the same thing again and again, but I'm stuck (again...).

I've made a tower mob farm in a creative world (I've learned my lesson; creative first, survival second) to work with my Blood Altar. The suckers fall, Dagger of Sacrifice, happy face...

Except... No happy face. They fall alive with half a heart. It appears that the dagger does not work with half a heart. I know because the bats that came down sometimes were hit (3 hearts, full HP) and died at once giving the 500 LP they should. I tried moving the altar up a bit and found that the mobs only spawn 24 blocks away from you. I though "let's ease the fall" with a cascade of water, but they just drown a quarter of the way down. There are no slime block slabs I can use and I'm out of ideas.

Anyone got any?

Edit: I actually thought up something that works. Instead of directing the mobs to the centre, I used conveyor belts and lowered them 2 blocks before sending them to the center pillar. They drop with two hearts and it works.

New problem: Creepers. I hated the bastards, now I loathe them. Even with half a slab as a window so I can just stab the mobs, they drop, see and blow up...

So the first problem I got handled. But if you have a more elagant solution, do share.

As for my second problem... What do?

Last edited:

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
New problem: Creepers. I hated the bastards, now I loathe them. Even with half a slab as a window so I can just stab the mobs, they drop, see and blow up...

Don't use half slabs?

When I used to make vanilla mob towers, i would only have the block where their feet were showing exposed... I guess now with baby zombies that might be an issue, but then you could half slab around it so they can't get out, but you can stab in :)

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I'm currently looking for a Primus Loci to see what the numberic name for them is will edit if I find one

They can't be spawned in nor can you copy them via Creative Mode. The Mod Author wants it that way, the plants will be destroyed if you move them by any means. Believe me, I've tried.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Don't use half slabs?

When I used to make vanilla mob towers, i would only have the block where their feet were showing exposed... I guess now with baby zombies that might be an issue, but then you could half slab around it so they can't get out, but you can stab in :)
Ok, I fixed it. I use a half slab in the lower of the last block to leave a window and so baby zombies don't come out. I finally got it to work.

Now... How do I turn it off? Keep in mind I'm playing Pickle Pack 2 and though I have redstone wireless transmitters in the pack, those are a bit end game. I was thinking of Redstone Lamps, but redstone up walls isn't a thing. Is there no other way?

Edit: I want to turn it off with the concern that the creepers might blow up just because.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Ok, I fixed it. I use a half slab in the lower of the last block to leave a window and so baby zombies don't come out. I finally got it to work.

Now... How do I turn it off? Keep in mind I'm playing Pickle Pack 2 and though I have redstone wireless transmitters in the pack, those are a bit end game. I was thinking of Redstone Lamps, but redstone up walls isn't a thing. Is there no other way?

Edit: I want to turn it off with the concern that the creepers might blow up just because.
redstone can go up walls like tracks, else redstone torches can do the job as they can transfer the signal to blocks above them and interact with the signal of the block they stand on

Reactions: Ashendale