Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I don't even bother with the extra Diggers, but that's because I play with the cheat-trashcan enabled usually: I just "delete" any extra cobble I don't feel like hoarding.
Nothing beats a later game Random Things Player Interface hooked up to a ME Import bus(filtered to cobble, dirt, gravel, etc.), triggered by wireless redstone(hooked up to a Toggle Latch and with a connected Remote).
Decide to go mining or just have to clear out a lot of space? Get the Remote out, flick it and mine away. Every unwanted block is then instantly pulled out of inventory and into your ME network for processing, storage or deletion :p

Random Things also got the Voiding Drop Filter that can be set to delete certain items as soon as you attempt to pick them up. Just carry one set for cobble and it will all be gone. Put it in a bag when you don't want it to void any more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Type1Ninja

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Am I the only one that gets compressed cobblestone underway ASAP - it seems odd to me to delete cobble early game and then later manufacture it to make compresses cobble

Reactions: erindalc

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
What can I use to light up a Nether Wart Farm?
Uh... don't those need darkness?

Last time I set one of those up, I used a couple layers of ExtraUtils blackout curtains to form the door to an otherwise sealed room, and installed a lightswitch with a lever on the outside powering a vanilla redstone lamp on the inside. This was in Pathfinder, so it was in Peaceful mode (so I didn't have to worry about mobs), and I had Hardcore Darkness installed, which meant without the light I could see absolutely nothing at all.

In a non-Peaceful pack without Hardcore Darkness, I'd probably skip the lightswitch, add some dark glass windows so I could see if any mobs had spawned in there, and also put in a vanilla door just inside the curtains so any mobs that spawned couldn't escape. And I might throw in an MFR grinder as well because I don't like fighting mobs, particularly creepers.

Hmm... Random Things adds a lamp that appears to give off light, but does not affect mob spawning. I wonder if it would allow things like mushrooms or nether wart to grow as well...

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
What can I use to light up a Nether Wart Farm?
One option is to put them in a wall and use slabs to make a 1/2 block opening to the room, nether wart treats this as darkness - works for ore berries and essence berries too - 1/2 block allows access to farm

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
One option is to put them in a wall and use slabs to make a 1/2 block opening to the room, nether wart treats this as darkness - works for ore berries and essence berries too - 1/2 block allows access to farm
essence berrys dont need darkness to grow

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Unfortunately, I analyzed the Wart in Agricraft and got them in crop Sticks. So it won't grow in a certain light level on Infinity Evolved.

But I'd like to know if the Pech from Thaumcraft have any drops when you kill them and is it possible to make a spawner for them?

From what I've seen on Videos, they don't drop much if you kill them... Trading seems more lucrative.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, I analyzed the Wart in Agricraft and got them in crop Sticks. So it won't grow in a certain light level on Infinity Evolved.

But I'd like to know if the Pech from Thaumcraft have any drops when you kill them and is it possible to make a spawner for them?

The fruit produce you get from the Netherwart crops can be planted (it's your basic item with no stats). In AS2 you cannot plant without crops. The way I went around this was creating a 2 tall small area where I have my Netherwarts. I just break the blocks and go inside when I need some. It has to be 2 tall, I think, because I read somewhere that they need 1 block of air above the crops to grow. This is true for any crop.

My memory doesn't serve me well on drops the Pech can give, but I accidentally built a Pech mob farm. Why accidentally, you ask? Because my base on Pickel Pack 2 is near a magical forest and I built my Blood Magic mob spawner into the magical forest (real coincidence, as I did not know that the outcome would be the following). The result is creepers, skeles and zombies, as per usal, together with Wisps and Pechs. So it's a nice place to get essences for Thaumcraft and Pechs to kill/trade.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
OK, name tags then. I build my base in a Fungi Forest. I check and it's listed as a Magical Biome...however, I quarried out everything to Bedrock and my base is on a flat 193x151 Grass Platform. Can I make a Mob Farm using Cursed Earth?

-Redacted-
Had to use an Anvil. D'OH!

Last edited:

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
OK, name tags then. I build my base in a Fungi Forest. I check and it's listed as a Magical Biome...however, I quarried out everything to Bedrock and my base is on a flat 193x151 Grass Platform. Can I make a Mob Farm using Cursed Earth?

-Redacted-
Had to use an Anvil. D'OH!
As long as you're in a the biome, if you make one of them vanilla mob farms, the Pech and Wisps and all the other little hellspawns will spawn. They just don't spawn on bedrock blocks, if I remember correctly.

Edit: since you're playing Evolved, use conveyor belts instead of water to carry the mobs. It allows for a more compact design on the spawner.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Would using Magnum Torches hinder mob spawn on Cursed Earth?
That may hinder it, yes. But you have some options here: Build the spawner away from the Magnum Torch range and have them be brought in with conveyor belts. Or build close by (removing one Torch, possibly) but set up the farm with redstone lamps, so you cna turn it on and off as you please.