Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I'm having a buit of trouble on Infinity (I believe I generated the world as 1.10, and it is updated to 1.11.2) finding a Stronghold. I kep tossing Eyes of Ender until they led me to th top of a cliff, where they just hovered. I picked up my TC hammer and dug away don to bedrock... Huh...

I turned on my jetpack and threw a few more, as I noticed they were flying away from bedrock, up to about level 45. I started digging sideways, everwhere. Went into some caves (the big ones, with ravines and whatnot) aaaaaand, I got nothing.

what am I missing?
AFAIK sometimes they can form wrong(specially in modded) or not at all. But there are always 3 of them in any world and since you now know the location of one you can easily find the other 2. I believe they are placed on the points of an equal-distant triangle centred around spawn.

EDIT:
There is a limit of three strongholds per world (1 per world in console versions). All strongholds are located at random positions in a radius between 640 and 1152 blocks from the point at x = 0, z = 0 (not the world spawn, which may be a couple hundred blocks away. Strongholds also may extend further in or out of that area). The three strongholds are spawned at roughly equal angles from the center point of the world (that is, each stronghold is in the region of 120 degrees from the others, measured from the origin).

Reactions: Ashendale

aluminium

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there.

I'm looking for un-craftable/creative useless items that can be used as a currency, such as tokens, cards, etcetera, other than gold coins.

Thanks in advance.

-alum

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
There's always making your own--I suggest trying SquidUtils.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
Ok this is strange. ftb monster with greg added. Went to capture another node. and nothing happens when I click the darn glass and wood structure. and I KNOW i made it right (lets face it it isnt hard) and while I got some 60 nodes back at base what can I say.. I am a hoarder. Just at a complete loss as to what can be wrong, it worked yesterday, then now today.. nothing. Yes there is wis in the wand, same wand I always use. and everything. so puzzled

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ok this is strange. ftb monster with greg added. Went to capture another node. and nothing happens when I click the darn glass and wood structure. and I KNOW i made it right (lets face it it isnt hard) and while I got some 60 nodes back at base what can I say.. I am a hoarder. Just at a complete loss as to what can be wrong, it worked yesterday, then now today.. nothing. Yes there is wis in the wand, same wand I always use. and everything. so puzzled
I have no count on how many times I have placed a glass block in the middle that needs to be empty... And it is impossible to see from the outside.

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
I have no count on how many times I have placed a glass block in the middle that needs to be empty... And it is impossible to see from the outside.

checked that yeah, redid the structure three times now. thinking some block id or something must have got messed up.. somehow. it should work.. maybe when i was trying to fix the difference between gregtech electrum and thermal expansion electrum *(for some reasons mods like the eh oh whats it called.. enhanced portal mods doesnt accept gregtech electrum and only thermal expansion despite the id being the same.. odd)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Just saw this in my console log, I was wondering if anyone knew which mod did it:
"shh they don't know that I'm here"

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
.... is there a focus on the wand that could be disrupting it....

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
checked that yeah, redid the structure three times now. thinking some block id or something must have got messed up.. somehow. it should work.. maybe when i was trying to fix the difference between gregtech electrum and thermal expansion electrum *(for some reasons mods like the eh oh whats it called.. enhanced portal mods doesnt accept gregtech electrum and only thermal expansion despite the id being the same.. odd)
Ehm, I think the unconfigged 1.6.4 GT modifies the acquisition of wooden planks considerably. Could it be messing with the Slabs as well?

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
Or Thaumcraft warp.

That doesn't sound familiar, I have never come across it or the TC addons that I play with. Maybe if we have a modlist it would be easier to find out.

EDIT - It's definitely Witchery. It's an effect gained from a brew.

Haruka

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know what the name of this sword is in infinity? He wont tell me

Attachments

• 2015-10-08_03.51.46.png
    2015-10-08_03.51.46.png
    276.4 KB · Views: 60

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
If you rename the Manasteel sword in an anvil to The Elucidator I believe it acquires that particular texture.

Ninja'd :p