Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
So blitzes and aerotheum...what's that about? What uses does it have?
It adds new stuff - two liquids like gelid cryotheum. I forget the names, but the idea is that they apply special potion effects or something and change their environment, a bit like Primal Mana. They're currently not used in any recipes, although I think they might be in the future. Currently they're just fun to "play" with in the same way that you "play" with resonant ender. *smiles evil-ly*

TheOramgebananna

Jul 29, 2019
First you need to know what your GPU is, this should explain how to know that(not on windows right now so can't check).
Then if you use an intel GPU go to this site and you should be able to download the needed driver from here after entering the name of your GPU. If its a amd or nvidia card go to their website instead and look around a bit, there should be a place to search for drivers for your GPU.
The driver is where it says device in the top lefft right? oh, and how much money will this set me back?

Zmaster27

Jul 29, 2019
If i want to make a modpack for personal single player use how would i go about that? also where are the universal configs for 1.7.10?

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
If i want to make a modpack for personal single player use how would i go about that? also where are the universal configs for 1.7.10?
Personally it has been a long time since I made a modded minecraft, back when you had to unzip the jar file etc, but I believe there are two way to go about this these days.

Firstly you start with vanilla minecraft, you research and download the mods you want in your pack (taking care to also get any reliant mods), you place them in the mods folder and then you work through any conflicts between mods.

Second option is to simply find a modpack on FTB (or curse, or similar) that has most of the mods you want. You can then add any others to the mods folder and using the option in the launcher add/remove mods easily - no guarantee that you won't have problems to resolve.

As to a 'universal config' ?????, each mod comes with its own 'default' configuration and most have a file the user can modify that configuration.

If you just want to have a pack that has 'the mods you want and not those you don't' try the second option, if you think that you may want to get involved in creating modpacks the vanilla minecraft option would be the place to start learning from the ground up.

Also worth noting is that the reason it takes what seems too long to get mods includes, modpacks updated and modpacks released is that a lot of time is spent trying to ensure that mods and packs are stable, a bit like a quality assurance test, some mods you download separately are works in progress and the quality testers are the people who download and use them.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
As to a 'universal config' ?????, each mod comes with its own 'default' configuration and most have a file the user can modify that configuration.
Universal Configs was a thing FTB did in 1.6.4. They would pool all the configs they made for their modpacks and ship them with all their packs despite the pack had the mod or not. This meant that if you added the mod your self it would already be configured to the "FTB" standard/compatibility.

However I don't think this is a thing anymore. Suspect it proved too problematic and time consuming to manage. Imagine multiple modpacks running different configs for the same mod. Which config should then go into the universal config? I think it was mostly possible in 1.6.4 because most of the configs was made for Monster and then inherited down from there to other modpacks. But that hardly works today.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Universal Configs was a thing FTB did in 1.6.4. They would pool all the configs they made for their modpacks and ship them with all their packs despite the pack had the mod or not. This meant that if you added the mod your self it would already be configured to the "FTB" standard/compatibility.

However I don't think this is a thing anymore. Suspect it proved too problematic and time consuming to manage. Imagine multiple modpacks running different configs for the same mod. Which config should then go into the universal config? I think it was mostly possible in 1.6.4 because most of the configs was made for Monster and then inherited down from there to other modpacks. But that hardly works today.

Wasn't there also some packs that had completely different mod configs depending on whether you ran Normal or Hardcore?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Wasn't there also some packs that had completely different mod configs depending on whether you ran Normal or Hardcore?
Dunno. But problem as I see it is that most third party packs were also shipped with the Universal configs, yet they often had such heavily altered configs for the mods they ran compared to the Universal configs. So if you did add another mod and it did use the universal configs it would matter little. It would still be grossly imbalanced compared to the rest of the modpack, since the universal configs were made... well for Monster that had little balance.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

FastFelix771

Jul 29, 2019
How can i enable Nametags (floating text above the players or animals head) in FTB Trident 1.3.0 ? I need to enable it for HolographicDisplays ( bukkit plugin )
Theres a tlf folder in the config folder but the configuration changes doesnt work, so what mod causes that bullsh*t? :)

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
With the redstonic drill, is there any point to the "blocks destroyed" thing other than as a statistic? Does it improve function somehow?

dluxcru

Jul 29, 2019
I hate to repeat myself, but no one answered my question.
I have an issue with /gamerule keepInventory true. I have cheats enabled, and the game reports the gamerule updated when the command is run. I've run into this problem playing the Cloud 9 pack, and with a custom pack built from FTB Lite 3. (The one mod that is for sure common to both of them is Advent of Ascension.) Does anyone else have issues like these? I was wondering if anyone's heard of a mod that disabled gamerule keepInventory?

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I can't tell what you're trying to do are you trying to make sure people don't know that you're cheating on a server?