Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
BTW is there a fast way to give 30 or so transfer nodes a full suite of upgrades.

I tried the Ring of Loki but that didn't work.

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
At any rate decided to do the Fill 30 different transfer nodes the hard way since it's seemingly impossible to automate the placement of upgrades into the Transfer nodes from the outside.

That said I've came across another problem. Is there a way to transfer EMC values in EE3 between different saves

Avarion

Jul 29, 2019
Stupid suggestion(if I remember what those lights are): Have you tried placing a light in the block again and then breaking it properly?

Yes, I've placed a light on every block and broke it afterwards. No change.

Is it just visual? I mean if you hit F7 does it show as being lit

No. F7 shows only one field not properly lit.

Here are two screenshots:

http://prntscr.com/7p0a59

The upper glass layer is Dark Ethereal Glass which prevents the light to pass through from the lit pyramid top of the chamber. I've tested the glass and it does work. There is no bug there.

http://prntscr.com/7p0acr

This is the well lit bottom part. Unfortunately. There is no light placed.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I've placed a light on every block and broke it afterwards. No change.

No. F7 shows only one field not properly lit.

What I would do is to remove all the glass, get in the hole and fill from the top (where the glass currently is) and see if at any point it goes dark (digging further down if needed). Unfortunately my only other idea would be to relocate!

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
On the former, each World interaction upgrade lets the node grab one cobble block an operation. So 1 grabs 1 cobblestone, 10 would grab 10, 64 grabs a full stack. I personally don't see the point in more than a stack of world interaction upgrades as the node cannot hold more than a stack of cobblestone.

On Forgecraft2 Soaryn117 uses 5 stacks of world interaction per node, and I don't remember how many nodes configured like this, but is connected directly to a configuration automatically converting to octo-compressed (is that the name of the block?) cobble. Of course, this goes directly into their EE^3 pedestal to make anything they want that has an equivalency value... I think the number they get from 1 of the big blocks is 4.2 billion.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
On Forgecraft2 Soaryn117 uses 5 stacks of world interaction per node, and I don't remember how many nodes configured like this, but is connected directly to a configuration automatically converting to octo-compressed (is that the name of the block?) cobble. Of course, this goes directly into their EE^3 pedestal to make anything they want that has an equivalency value... I think the number they get from 1 of the big blocks is 4.2 billion.
RFTools Autocrafter Tier 3 is BRILLIANT for autocrafting compressed cobble. The tier 3 gets exactly 8 recipes, takes up only one block, and can handle as high an input as you can give it (as far as I can tell). It's amazing. :)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Time to actually ask a question...

Is there a large-ish kitchen sink pack that:
Has a working server version (Infinity 1.7.0 doesn't work, something to do with item/blocks missing, even though I have the green tick)
Doesn't have Biomes O' Plenty (I feel it ruins the world gen), and maybe mystcraft, but this one I can remove (though removing BoP causes issues apparently)
Doesn't have a heavy progression line (I don't mind something like: osmium being used to craft a TE machine, but not needing to "finish" one mod to get into the next)
Not hardcore based (can be played in peaceful mode with no issues/doesn't have mobs that try to make your life hell. Unless you go to a certain dimension)
Not Gregtech'd (I don't like IC2 or its addons, so I will avoid them at all costs)

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019

Has a working server version (Infinity 1.7.0 doesn't work, something to do with item/blocks missing, even though I have the green tick)
Doesn't have Biomes O' Plenty (I feel it ruins the world gen), and maybe mystcraft, but this one I can remove (though removing BoP causes issues apparently)
Doesn't have a heavy progression line (I don't mind something like: osmium being used to craft a TE machine, but not needing to "finish" one mod to get into the next)
Not hardcore based (can be played in peaceful mode with no issues/doesn't have mobs that try to make your life hell. Unless you go to a certain dimension)
Not Gregtech'd (I don't like IC2 or its addons, so I will avoid them at all costs)
Dang, you don't like BoP or IC2 either unfortunately I waited too long in my pack to remove them. But I'm case you are interested the code is shamcraft408.(Shameless, I Know) but my next pack is gonna be mostly hardcore, not completely but difficult. But will not have any automated farming or much tech or ExU healing axe(What's Shame).

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Protip... If you don't like BoP, just don't set your world to generate a BoP world.

Apart from that, you look like you just need to keep playing Infinity. Ignore IC2 stuff, don't set the world to generate BoP terrain and you are good to go.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Protip... If you don't like BoP, just don't set your world to generate a BoP world.

Apart from that, you look like you just need to keep playing Infinity. Ignore IC2 stuff, don't set the world to generate BoP terrain and you are good to go.

Although Jordan, there is @lenscas' pack. It has IC2 but you can ignore or remove it.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
If you do that, then you would end up just having a single recipe for "Stone" in the ME terminal. You have to put the specific item in the output slot as well for it to actually show up as a c...............

Maybe with an ae bridge or me bridge or whatever it is called and some LUA magic .....

An update in case your interested - renaming stone works as long as you only order that number at a time - so my idea of renaming 2 for each was not functional and renaming 64 of each would be a pain.
I now have it working but it is not perfect - My main AE exports essence to 2 chests via 6 ME export buses, a storage bus on each chest allows access from a separate AE that has 5 4k crafting + processors, I renamed one each of the essences to Aer I, Bestia I, etc and made crafting patterns eg - 1 Aer = 1 Aer I. So I order 16 Aer 1 and it is placed in a chest and ducted to an open crate above the advanced Alchemical furnace. The only problem being that there is nothing being returned to the AE so the crafting has to be cancelled, which is the reason for 5 crafting processors - most infusions are 5 or less essences, I could have had just 1 and cancelled after each order but I have lots of resources so why not

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
This should be easy - Is there a card or some other way to tell an AE storage bus to not take the last of an item from an attached chest?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
This should be easy - Is there a card or some other way to tell an AE storage bus to not take the last of an item from an attached chest?
I believe the ME Interface COULD do that. If not, you could always tell an interface to hold at least 1 item, and use that instead of a chest

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I'm fairly sure there isn't.

Separate question:
Is there any faster way to process Forestry honeycombs, apart from "more centrifuges"?
Starting to think that your right

SQ: Not that I know about, I used 4 centrifuges and 4 squeezers but I also sent the comb and drops to Jabba barrels (some with 640x upgrade) as priority so that minimised blockages

I believe the ME Interface COULD do that. If not, you could always tell an interface to hold at least 1 item, and use that instead of a chest
Not sure about the interface being able to do it how I want but also not really an option, I will just need to do 2 x 32 requests if I need 64, the problem is simply that a chest is holding 27 stacks and when a full stack is removed a space is made that is filled by any of the 27 items the chest is told to keep full of - there should be something but I can manage without!

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019

SQ: Not that I know about, I used 4 centrifuges and 4 squeezers but I also sent the comb and drops to Jabba barrels (some with 640x upgrade) as priority so that minimised blockages

Not sure about the interface being able to do it how I want but also not really an option, I will just need to do 2 x 32 requests if I need 64, the problem is simply that a chest is holding 27 stacks and when a full stack is removed a space is made that is filled by any of the 27 items the chest is told to keep full of - there should be something but I can manage without!
The interface has 2 rows of 9.
If you put a stack of the item you want to keep in the top row (it doesn't comsume, it just shows), it will keep a stack of that item in the slot below.
So if you place a stack of wood in the top slot 1, in the bottom slot 1 it will always hold a stack of that type of wood.
(you can also use this to autocraft, if you give the interface a crafting card, should you be asking for a stack of something like stone bricks)

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Not in AE2 natively without setting up a complex redstone circuit, ae2 setup with comparators and stuff to manage inventory levels .

Logistic Pipes IIRC has that capability but it's not something I'm well versed with.

Also in general depending what you actually want the chest full of 27 stacks to do there may be other options that will be better with AE2 (that said I don't know what you want the chest for).

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013

Depending on what you want computercraft could do it easily