Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

neraka27

Jul 29, 2019
I need help with industrialcraft 2 pump and geothermal gen. I placed the pump directly over a flowing lava tile and put an empty canister in. I gave it 1 redstone to start up the power. But it will not pump the lava. I tried creating a small lava lake beneath it instead of just the source brick, but that didnt help. Any ideas?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I need help with industrialcraft 2 pump and geothermal gen. I placed the pump directly over a flowing lava tile and put an empty canister in. I gave it 1 redstone to start up the power. But it will not pump the lava. I tried creating a small lava lake beneath it instead of just the source brick, but that didnt help. Any ideas?
If memory serves me well IC pumps are terrible for lava, BC/ExU pumps are better suited, as the IC pumps will only pump from the block below. So when the block is gone, that's it

neraka27

Jul 29, 2019
If memory serves me well IC pumps are terrible for lava, BC/ExU pumps are better suited, as the IC pumps will only pump from the block below. So when the block is gone, that's it
According to official descriptions, IC2 pumps should get infinite lava when placed above a lava source block, but a lot of posts say they don't work well. Has anyone gotten one to work?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
According to official descriptions, IC2 pumps should get infinite lava when placed above a lava source block, but a lot of posts say they don't work well. Has anyone gotten one to work?
That would have been a bug, and I would have assumed it would have been fixed

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
first:extra utilities tranfer note with world interaction upgrade and as much speed upgrades as you want
second: look in the config file, I believe there is one there

On the former, each World interaction upgrade lets the node grab one cobble block an operation. So 1 grabs 1 cobblestone, 10 would grab 10, 64 grabs a full stack. I personally don't see the point in more than a stack of world interaction upgrades as the node cannot hold more than a stack of cobblestone.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Which FTB Infinity mod (?) will help me automate my branch mine?
If you have Computer Craft, you can use that. Thaumcraft has the Arcane Bore, which is a *little* bigger than a single branch, but still. Pretty good. :)
You can, of course, just use an MFR mining laser for all your ores, which is pretty useful as well, if a little expensive.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Am I the only one here that enjoys mining I like to explore caves, I'll set up quarries and eventually an MFR laser and I don't worry about max power or anything I'll just hook up a few designated generators so it doesn't suck out all the power. But I like mining and I like building, not a huge fan of automation. Anyone else enjoying the simple things in minecraft?

Reactions: glepet1962

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
Am I the only one here that enjoys mining I like to explore caves, I'll set up quarries and eventually an MFR laser and I don't worry about max power or anything I'll just hook up a few designated generators so it doesn't suck out all the power. But I like mining and I like building, not a huge fan of automation. Anyone else enjoying the simple things in minecraft?

I do. Only reason I would use some sort of automated quarry system is if I am building an ore processing plant for the challenge. I normally hand mine everything I need.

Reactions: jdog1408

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I do. Only reason I would use some sort of automated quarry system is if I am building an ore processing plant for the challenge. I normally hand mine everything I need.
I do enjoy caving a lot. I enjoy it more when I remember to bring supplies and set up a forward operating base; that's actually a lot of fun. :)
Thing is, eventually I need LOTS of materials for LOTS of machines to make LOTS of stuff, and then I a) can't manually mine enough stuff easily and b) have to spend so much time crafting and automating that I don't actually have time to mine anyway. :p

Reactions: jdog1408

Avarion

Jul 29, 2019
I've a strange problem, perhaps someone knows a workaround:

I'm using Direwolf20 1.4.2

I was creating a pit for a mix of Well of Suffering and Cursed Earth. I placed lights using the Rune of the Blood Lamp. After prepareing everything I placed Dark Ethereal Glass on top of the pit and by error was able to place one on one of the blood lamps. Now its impossible for me to disable the lights. Even after removing all Lamps, Glass and cursed earth then filling the pit completely its still there when I redo the pit and place everything again. For a few seconds it is dark and then its like someone hits the light switch.

I get crazy.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
I've a strange problem, perhaps someone knows a workaround:

I'm using Direwolf20 1.4.2

I was creating a pit for a mix of Well of Suffering and Cursed Earth. I placed lights using the Rune of the Blood Lamp. After prepareing everything I placed Dark Ethereal Glass on top of the pit and by error was able to place one on one of the blood lamps. Now its impossible for me to disable the lights. Even after removing all Lamps, Glass and cursed earth then filling the pit completely its still there when I redo the pit and place everything again. For a few seconds it is dark and then its like someone hits the light switch.

I get crazy.
It might be just a client-server desync, did you try relogging?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yes, I've restarted the server too. Its to strange
Stupid suggestion(if I remember what those lights are): Have you tried placing a light in the block again and then breaking it properly?