Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
On Infinity, does enchanting a Thermal Expansion satchel always yield some sort of holding enchantment, or are there competing (less useful) enchantments for the satchel?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Steve's Factory Manager: I am using a Condition command to check the contents of a chest - if it points to the chest directly, then it detects that there are no items in the chest, and a resdstone emitter connected to the False output comes on. If I point the Condition to a Variable that points to the chest, then it does not. Has anyone else had this problem?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
You can probably get Soulbound on it, at a guess, not sure though.
Yes, and apparently it's cumulative. I enchanted it with 30 levels and got Holding IV together with Soulbound I. Not sure if intended, but it is of no consequence, since I'm on a single player world.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Why do you want the reserve to be in jars, rather than in a reservoir? Since the word "reservoir" is derived from "reserve"...
Because I already have 49 jars with 64 of each essence and the reservoir only holds 256 total, I don't want extra essence in the reservoir, just what is needed, I don't want to have to pipe essence, use golems or move essence by hand. The 49 jars will basically be decoration if I never have a problem that requires more essence for an infusion. I have about 120 skulls under the altar & I use hoppers attached to the pedestals to hold extra crafting items - it is unlikely I will need the backup but would rather have it and never use it than not have it and need it, but I also don't want the infusion to take from the jars if the reservoir has the essence.

But as it seems nobody knows the answer I guess I will just have to find out by trying it.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe I will have better luck with this - in 1.6.4 I used a Buildcraft remote order (or request, been a while) pipe and a linked tablet that I could have in my inventory and use to request items to where that pipe outputted. In DW20 pack there is no 'Buildcraft' but there are BC Builders, BC Energy, BC Factory, BC Silicon & BC transport - but I could not find the pipe I used in 1.6.4 or a similar option. Is there a way to do the same thing in DW20 1.7.10.
What I am trying to do is have a way to request essentia crystals to go to the Advanced Alchemical Furnace either directly from AE or by exporting a stack of each to something that holds them and then has this option.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Maybe I will have better luck with this - in 1.6.4 I used a Buildcraft remote order (or request, been a while) pipe and a linked tablet that I could have in my inventory and use to request items to where that pipe outputted. In DW20 pack there is no 'Buildcraft' but there are BC Builders, BC Energy, BC Factory, BC Silicon & BC transport - but I could not find the pipe I used in 1.6.4 or a similar option. Is there a way to do the same thing in DW20 1.7.10.
What I am trying to do is have a way to request essentia crystals to go to the Advanced Alchemical Furnace either directly from AE or by exporting a stack of each to something that holds them and then has this option.
You are thinking of Logistical Pipes.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
You are thinking of Logistical Pipes.
I believe your right, I had a look to be sure and it is not in DW20 pack so my problem remains - how can I 'call' items to the advanced alchemical furnace. I think I could do it with computercraft but I am not keen on that. I would probably just keep doing an AE selection and placing them a chest linked the the furnace.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I believe your right, I had a look to be sure and it is not in DW20 pack so my problem remains - how can I 'call' items to the advanced alchemical furnace. I think I could do it with computercraft but I am not keen on that. I would probably just keep doing an AE selection and placing them a chest linked the the furnace.
Not sure if this is possible with AE2, but this is what I have done with AE1:
I made a AE subnetwork storing Mana Beans. I put ME Interfaces on some chests, set some Itemducts to extract from the chests into Alchemical Furnaces in round robin style. I then put in Crafting patterns for each of the Mana beans into the ME interfaces(Bean in both input and output slot). Now I can just "order" the beans to be send to furnaces from a ME Terminal(click mousewheel to order more).

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is possible with AE2, but this is what I have done with AE1:
I made a AE subnetwork storing Mana Beans. I put ME Interfaces on some chests, set some Itemducts to extract from the chests into Alchemical Furnaces in round robin style. I then put in Crafting patterns for each of the Mana beans into the ME interfaces(Bean in both input and output slot). Now I can just "order" the beans to be send to furnaces from a ME Terminal(click mousewheel to order more).

You have given me an idea, as I am working totally with crystals not beans and the output from the advanced furnace will be going to the arcane infuser I will have to do some alterations, the main problem is the AE will be expecting an item to be returned but I think I can make it work. If I make a sub network that can pull from my main network and in the sub network I have patterns that say as an example 1 crystallised ordo + 1 Stone = 1 Stone and they go to an ME interface attached to a chest that ducts the essence to the infuser and the Stone back to the interface. The AE crafting process in completed by the Stone returning and the infuser gets the essence. The only problem is that I have to have 6 interfaces (6x9=54) to cover all 49 essences.

Thanks, I think I have my answer

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
You have given me an idea, as I am working totally with crystals not beans and the output from the advanced furnace will be going to the arcane infuser I will have to do some alterations, the main problem is the AE will be expecting an item to be returned but I think I can make it work. If I make a sub network that can pull from my main network and in the sub network I have patterns that say as an example 1 crystallised ordo + 1 Stone = 1 Stone and they go to an ME interface attached to a chest that ducts the essence to the infuser and the Stone back to the interface. The AE crafting process in completed by the Stone returning and the infuser gets the essence. The only problem is that I have to have 6 interfaces (6x9=54) to cover all 49 essences.

If you do that, then you would end up just having a single recipe for "Stone" in the ME terminal. You have to put the specific item in the output slot as well for it to actually show up as a crafting job for that item.
And yeah, the crafting job will never technically be finished. But that is the whole point of making it a sub-network. It won't clog up your main network. You could just place down a Crafting Monitor and cancel them once in a while I guess. I don't bother personally :p Don't do enough TC'ing for it to really become an issue.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013

Maybe with an ae bridge or me bridge or whatever it is called and some LUA magic you can make something that can be used to automate the creation. The hard part would be to get the computer to know when it needs to make something but a nice advanced monitor could solve that problem.