Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
They stay loaded in the same session. If the server restarts they will be unloaded and stay that way until someone goes to them.
I can see where Phychicash is coming from, when your looking for a server "up" time is a big deal, if players on a server start playing about creating dormant RFTools dimensions and the dimensions continue to use server resources until the server is restarted it could become a huge problem.

Is that the case and is Mystcraft the same in that respect?

Azuth

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, after installing reika's mods to my ftb infinity world something changed in all of my ae2 patterns - I no longer see what items are encoded for autocrafting in the interfaces and I need to press shift to actually see what they are. Is there a config option/keybind to remove "press shift to see what's in your pattern" feature ?

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, after installing reika's mods to my ftb infinity world something changed in all of my ae2 patterns - I no longer see what items are encoded for autocrafting in the interfaces and I need to press shift to actually see what they are. Is there a config option/keybind to remove "press shift to see what's in your pattern" feature ?
Shift to see the 'contents' is normal behavior when the pattern in in your inventory but it should show the item to be crafted when it is in a interface.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
It works exactly for recipes like that. Bottles, buckets and any other containers of liquids that are registered in fluid registry can be configured for a recipe in the Cyclic Assembler and it will use that liquid from the internal tank without needing it in that container.

Well I retract the "(dumb)" part of my previous post then. What a smart machine!! :) Thank you for this tip, it worked exactly as advertised.

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
What's the best way to automate a farm with Pam's Harvestcraft crops? I have eight 9x9 fields (1 row = 1 type of plant) and power isn't a problem.
Harvester + Planter(MFR): The harvester completely breaks the plants (instead of rightclicking) and the planter doesn't care about the rows.
Fruit picker (MFR): Doesn't work on normal crops (soy bean,...).
Farming station (EnderIO): Completely breaks the plants and doesn't care about the rows.
Harvest spell (Ars Magica 2): Completely breaks the plants and doesn't replant.
The only remaining thing I can think of is an autonomous activator but you can't increase their range, can you? So I would need a lot and they wouldn't even be able to reach the 3x3 area in the middle.

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
What's the best way to automate a farm with Pam's Harvestcraft crops? I have eight 9x9 fields (1 row = 1 type of plant) and power isn't a problem.
Harvester + Planter(MFR): The harvester completely breaks the plants (instead of rightclicking) and the planter doesn't care about the rows.
Fruit picker (MFR): Doesn't work on normal crops (soy bean,...).
Farming station (EnderIO): Completely breaks the plants and doesn't care about the rows.
Harvest spell (Ars Magica 2): Completely breaks the plants and doesn't replant.
The only remaining thing I can think of is an autonomous activator but you can't increase their range, can you? So I would need a lot and they wouldn't even be able to reach the 3x3 area in the middle.

Dunno what else is in your pack, but if AgriCraft is available put them on crop sticks.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
@Ocker

Yes, you are right and I'am fully aware that it should show the items, but somehow it doesn't.

http://imgur.com/2Ekom8D
3 things - you did say in the original post "interfaces" but it is worth clarifying and you did not say your items are not crafting so I am assuming that the only issue is the visual one. Also I do not know of, or can think of any reason why, this would be a configurable option or a key bind - what possible reason would there be to want it to work this way!

So ... if you craft an ME interface place it in the world not attached to anything and place a pattern in the patterns section does it just show the pattern or the item to be crafted? If you go to the molecular assemblers and look at the patterns in the attached interfaces (as opposed to looking at the contents of the interfaces via an interface terminal) do they only show the patterns or do they show the items to be crafted?

If it is only through the terminal it may be a cabling problem, its like your actually seeing the patterns as stored content like they would display if you placed them in a chest

However if the problem is universal I would be backing up the game save then removing Reika's mods, that is what you said you think broke it, and see if the problem is gone, if it is then you need to decide if not seeing the item to be crafted without pressing shift is worth having Reika's mods and/or looking at a forum devoted to Reika's mods and surely if there is an issue someone else there would have knowledge of it.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hi, Trying to identify the black vent block in this picture. Guessing it might be chisel but can't seem to spot it in NEI.
Anyone who knows what the block is called ?

http://i.imgur.com/cMd6IzB.png
Chisel "Factory Block" like the other mention. The block variant is specifically called "Wireframe".
It is the 5th variation of the Factory block in the Chisel GUI.

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
Chisel "Factory Block" like the other mention. The block variant is specifically called "Wireframe".
It is the 5th variation of the Factory block in the Chisel GUI.

Thx for reply. But it's not the wireframe I am talking about.
In particular it's the vented block on the back wall that is on a slope. Top left of picture.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Thx for reply. But it's not the wireframe I am talking about.
In particular it's the vented block on the back wall that is on a slope. Top left of picture.
The black and grey with the horizontal rectangular bars? That looks a lot like BR Graphite tbh.

Never thought about using that as a building block btw. Immediately heading to my material gallery to add it!
EDIT: Nvm not covered by the Soartex version I use :p

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
The black and grey with the horizontal rectangular bars? That looks a lot like BR Graphite tbh.

Never thought about using that as a building block btw. Immediately heading to my material gallery to add it!

OMG. No wonder I couldn't find it. I haven't got to Big Reactors yet.
But yes, turns out it's the graphite block. ;) Thank you so much. This has been doing my head in. I appreciate the help.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019

Graphite is one of my favorite decorative blocks for modern/futuristic builds. That and burnt quartz, and railcraft's quarried stone. A little mfr stained glass to go along with it. On the medieval side of town, thaumcraft's greatwood logs and planks, some of botania's stuff and almost every vanilla block with the default resolution pixel perfection resource pack. Using modded texture packs frustrates me because so much stuff isnt covered and when it is, its just a recolor of another texture. You miss out on the mod author's true intent and some of it is really good artwork. I used to really love John smith but its always outdated and caused performance issues and just isnt worth it in the long run. IMO. ;)

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to run, on InfinityTwo questions:

Do I have to use fertilizer on Forestry's multifarm? I don't see a way to regenerate/generate it besides breeding a certain bee or mining.

Boots of the Comet: is there a way to turn of the frosting? Kind of ruining my farms each time I walk by...