Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
OK maybe was a bit harsh but the word 'justify' was used and that struck a chord.

To summarise reasons mods are not included -
1 Like the mod but it was not ready/stable at the time of putting mod pack together
2 Hate the mod - would never use it
3 The mod is fine but there is another mod or a group of mods I am including that do the same things so I don't need it
4 The mod does not fit the theme I am going for

But if what you actually want to know is not 'why the mod was not included' try the direct approach - if you really want to know if the reason the mod was not included is due to compatibility issues then simply ask "are there any known compatibility issues with" mod x and mod pack y.

As well as not getting reply 2, 3 or 4 above ,if the author answers, which does not answer what you really want to know, it gives you the opportunity of getting a response from someone who has tried to add it, if they had problems and how they solved them.

220px-Peace_sign.svg.png
... You get a like just for the peace sign. Yay for using symbolism to convey messages that monotone words would otherwise be unable to convey fully! :D

Reactions: Psychicash

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
How is the AE2 distiance conexion named?
The one you can link two systems with each other. Tried to learn about it in google but can´t find it if I do not know how its called :p

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to make Pam's Harvestcraft salt, which is done in a crafting table, one Pot plus one bucket/bottle of water.

I set up a Cyclic Assembler with the recipe, and it works, except when I use a water bucket, the Cyclic (dumb)Ass. (lol) leaves the empty bucket in the Input slot instead of ejecting the bucket via the Output slot. Therefore, I can't re-use the bucket and create an infinite loop to make infinite salt. Looking for any ideas how I can work around this problem.

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
I set up a Cyclic Assembler with the recipe, and it works, except when I use a water bucket, the Cyclic (dumb)Ass. (lol) leaves the empty bucket in the Input slot instead of ejecting the bucket via the Output slot. Therefore, I can't re-use the bucket and create an infinite loop to make infinite salt. Looking for any ideas how I can work around this problem.
It's been a long time since I've used one of those, but doesn't it have a slot for liquid input? Would filling it up with water replace the need for a bucket?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
It's been a long time since I've used one of those, but doesn't it have a slot for liquid input? Would filling it up with water replace the need for a bucket?

You're correct, I noticed the liquid slot on the Cyclic, I'll see if I can utilize that somehow. I'm not sure I can, the recipe isn't "water+pot", it's "waterbottle+pot" or waterbucket. Water bottles aren't returned, they are used up, which is why I hoped to use buckets instead. One solution would be a cobble generator, pulverize into sand, smelt sand into glass, make glass into bottles, etc etc etc but that's more work than I hoped for. Might be the way to go tho since cobblegen is free and infinite.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
You're correct, I noticed the liquid slot on the Cyclic, I'll see if I can utilize that somehow. I'm not sure I can, the recipe isn't "water+pot", it's "waterbottle+pot" or waterbucket. Water bottles aren't returned, they are used up, which is why I hoped to use buckets instead. One solution would be a cobble generator, pulverize into sand, smelt sand into glass, make glass into bottles, etc etc etc but that's more work than I hoped for. Might be the way to go tho since cobblegen is free and infinite.

Hmmm, this is interesting.

So, since Pam's salt oredicts with Mek salt, what do you think about the cost/feasibility of running a totally automated production line of Pam's salt and running it through a condensentrator (or whatever it's called) to make brine instead of using an ungodly amount of copper to make a salination plant?

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
It works exactly for recipes like that. Bottles, buckets and any other containers of liquids that are registered in fluid registry can be configured for a recipe in the Cyclic Assembler and it will use that liquid from the internal tank without needing it in that container.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
It works exactly for recipes like that. Bottles, buckets and any other containers of liquids that are registered in fluid registry can be configured for a recipe in the Cyclic Assembler and it will use that liquid from the internal tank without needing it in that container.
Yup, I used a cyclic assembler for all my AgSkies salt needs

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
According to my server admin, the rftools world are bugged. He says the game saves every world I create and keeps them loaded even if they're destroyed.

How do we fix this?

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
There's an /rftdim safedel <id> command that can help, although you still need to manually delete files in the dimension folder to free up the disk space.

Unpowered dimensions shouldn't stay loaded into memory if there's no one in them and no chunkloaders present, though.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
According to my server admin, the rftools world are bugged. He says the game saves every world I create and keeps them loaded even if they're destroyed.

How do we fix this?

Not a bug, but the above post details how to deal with it.

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
So this is a legit issue and everyone says it's better than mystcraft?-I'm confused
Mystcraft has pretty much the same issue, in addition to some others caused by its specific model of decay.

There are some genuinely difficult problems involved around data concepts, and erring on the side of consuming computer resources is unfortunately one of the more reasonable compromises when the alternative is losing people's stuff.

That said, RFtools should unload dimensions with no players or chunkloaders from RAM reliably, even if it does delete from disk at all. It relies on normal minecraft rules for handling chunks and non-overworld dims there.

Reactions: Psychicash

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Mystcraft has pretty much the same issue, in addition to some others caused by its specific model of decay.

There are some genuinely difficult problems involved around data concepts, and erring on the side of consuming computer resources is unfortunately one of the more reasonable compromises when the alternative is losing people's stuff.

That said, RFtools should unload dimensions with no players or chunkloaders from RAM reliably, even if it does delete from disk at all. It relies on normal minecraft rules for handling chunks and non-overworld dims there.
So what you're saying is that it shouldn't be loaded if no one is there and not chunk loaded? But it is

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
That seems like a huge bug. Deleting a world should delete it not leave it loaded.

I'm assuming your not talking about deleting the world files from the server, correct? If so, Mystcraft is exactly the same.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
No because I can run cofh tps and all the rftool dimensions show up. Plus my chunk loaded mystcraft world, my 8 other mystcraft worlds don't show.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
They stay loaded in the same session. If the server restarts they will be unloaded and stay that way until someone goes to them.