Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
I'm trying to run, on InfinityTwo questions:

Do I have to use fertilizer on Forestry's multifarm? I don't see a way to regenerate/generate it besides breeding a certain bee or mining.

Boots of the Comet: is there a way to turn of the frosting? Kind of ruining my farms each time I walk by...

Forestry fertilizer - yep, bees or mining. IIRC the current versions of Forestry has Fertilizer usage tweaked so that the Fertilizer lasts longer than previous versions.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
What would be the best way to remove the Biomes o' Plenty Gems? I'll use minetweaker to remove any recipes and INpurecore to hide them in NEI but is there any way to keep the ores from generating? I am a modpack novice(not quite a noob) and don't quite know all the tricks

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
What would be the best way to remove the Biomes o' Plenty Gems? I'll use minetweaker to remove any recipes and INpurecore to hide them in NEI but is there any way to keep the ores from generating? I am a modpack novice(not quite a noob) and don't quite know all the tricks
This works for me

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, now does anyone know how to fix IC2 names showing up weird? It's stuff like ic2.itemdustDiamond instead of just Diamond Dust. Other modpacks I have played have fixed most/all the names. Are they renaming them with minetweaker or is there some other trick I don't know about?

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Check the language files in the mod. Dunno how it happens, but what you're seeing are the internal names, not the ones that should be in the LANG files.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I'm starting to automate crafting with Logistics Pipes, and I came up with some questions. The Logistics Crafting Table, for what I understand, works in a manner similar to the Molecular Assembler. You give it a pattern via a crafting pipe and you can request it.

The question I have are:

Can I set it to constantly autocraft something without a request? emeralds from shard, for example.

Is the max recipes I can have, per table, limited to the number of Request Pipes I have connected to it? Any way of improving this?

Thanks

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Do I have to use fertilizer on Forestry's multifarm? I don't see a way to regenerate/generate it besides breeding a certain bee or mining.
You used to be able to turn MFR Industrial Fertilizer into the Forestry Fertilizer. Is that no longer an option?

Reactions: Ashendale

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I'm starting to automate crafting with Logistics Pipes, and I came up with some questions. The Logistics Crafting Table, for what I understand, works in a manner similar to the Molecular Assembler. You give it a pattern via a crafting pipe and you can request it.

The question I have are:

Can I set it to constantly autocraft something without a request? emeralds from shard, for example.

Is the max recipes I can have, per table, limited to the number of Request Pipes I have connected to it? Any way of improving this?

Thanks
I'll take the second one first, as it's the simplest. It's one recipe PER table/Pipe. At least if you use Logistics Crafting tables. You could possibly get 5 recipes, (or strands of recipes, for instance making sticks straight from logs) by using RFTools Tier 3 Crafters. How the crafting pipes work, is they dump the ingredients into the inventory attached to the crafting pipe, (and satellites if applicable) then wait for the result to be extractable from the inventory. How you use that is up to you, but i've gone on a tangent.

The first one, you have two options, you can use a supplier pipe on an autocrafting table of some kind (the RFTools one is currently my favourite) and a provider or extractor moduled chassiss to make the result accessible to the network, or imported into it. It can be noted supplier pipes will autocraft items if needed, you could put this on an inventory and use a provider pipe on it, extractor would simply end up with an neverending loop, as the supplier would take from storage first before crafting things.

Reactions: Ashendale

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Ftb or tekkit?

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk
I know you're Italian. Simple answer is, now or later? FTB has several new modpacks, but Technic has a few big ones coming soon. I'll have to ask around on that last one, but last news post strongly suggests within early next month.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I dont' think that's an option either anymore rhn, but you can boost fertilizer production slightly by using ash instead of sand, although it's likely only useful if you farm peat... or have the bees that make ash (Fiendish I think)

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Nei question, when I sort by mod I look at the items and click on one to see the recipe. When I hit esc and go back to my inventory or sometimes when I click it, the list adds one or two other mods. How can I stop this?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
BTW what's the easy way to drop items from the inventory screem
Single item - Q (drop key)
Stack - Pick it up, move your mouse outside of the inventory screen, and let go
Everything - shift(sneak)+space(jump)+q(drop) - this will do the whole hotbar, if you do it on a hotbar item, or the rest of the inv (excluding hotbar) if you do it on items not in your inv.

The last will only work if you have inventory tweaks

Reactions: Evillevi