Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
BTW what's the easy way to drop items from the inventory screem

Single item - Q (drop key)
Stack - Pick it up, move your mouse outside of the inventory screen, and let go
Everything - shift(sneak)+space(jump)+q(drop) - this will do the whole hotbar, if you do it on a hotbar item, or the rest of the inv (excluding hotbar) if you do it on items not in your inv.

The last will only work if you have inventory tweaks

There's also alt+Q to drop a full stack instead of just one item from it from InvTweaks. You don't have to grab and move it.

And NEI has shift+Q to drop all items of the same type. It works inside any containers, too, as in they will drop on the ground.

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
Is there a simple way to export everything from an Applied Energetics 2 drive?

ME IO Port IIRC. It's a device that does this type of thing. You can pull stuff from a drive and into an ME system, or take stuff from an ME and put it into a drive.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to breed a Dreaming Bee. Says it can only mutate after sundown. Exactly after? Or do I have the whole night?

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
How can I blacklist or remove specific blocks from veinminer? Do I take them out of the JSON or what? I'd even be willing to make a white list but I don't want vein miner to mine Nethe Ores but the prefix ore automatically adds them to the list.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to breed a Dreaming Bee. Says it can only mutate after sundown. Exactly after? Or do I have the whole night?
You should have the whole night! I got the Dreaming bee without knowing the after sundown bit - but I did use GenDustry to mutate though>

KiwiUSA

Jul 29, 2019
Does Applied Energistics integration with Logistics Pipes work in Infinity? Request pipe can see ME items but when an item is requested is states "missing item"

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Does Applied Energistics integration with Logistics Pipes work in Infinity? Request pipe can see ME items but when an item is requested is states "missing item"

Yes they do work. Below is my setup for remote order of items using logistics pipes. The top pipe is the remote order pipe. Below the ender chest is a provider pipe mk2 and to the left of the interface is a request mk2 pipe.

2015-06-23_23.12.41.png

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
How do i replace a world save with a backup save?

I will assume that if you have made a manual backup you would know how to do this and your asking about the automatic backups (name escapes me at the moment) that occur when the game says something like 'your game may lag" & then "next backup in 30 minutes" - the way I do it is to unzip and then copy.

upload_2015-6-24_14-16-41.png

The highlighted above shown my backup folder and the 2nd from bottom is saves

When you open the backups folder you see a folder for each world you have created, inside that is one will say 2015 and another for 2014 if you have been playing that map since then, inside 2015 is one for each month (1 = January etc) and within that one for each day of the month (that you played) and inside that are your zipped backup files. I always make a copy of the save I want to restore in a new folder and then unzip to that folder. Once unzipped you simply replace the world in the saves folder by move or copy command.

upload_2015-6-24_14-27-10.png

Mindfeak926

Jul 29, 2019
I will assume that if you have made a manual backup you would know how to do this and your asking about the automatic backups (name escapes me at the moment) that occur when the game says something like 'your game may lag" & then "next backup in 30 minutes" - the way I do it is to unzip and then copy.

View attachment 20439

The highlighted above shown my backup folder and the 2nd from bottom is saves

When you open the backups folder you see a folder for each world you have created, inside that is one will say 2015 and another for 2014 if you have been playing that map since then, inside 2015 is one for each month (1 = January etc) and within that one for each day of the month (that you played) and inside that are your zipped backup files. I always make a copy of the save I want to restore in a new folder and then unzip to that folder. Once unzipped you simply replace the world in the saves folder by move or copy command.

View attachment 20440

Thanks

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
How is this even possible? Ztones mod, item "Flat Lamp". My intent is to use it for ceiling lighting down my long hallways. I test it out, looks great. Decide to use Thermal Expansion Tin Block for my ceiling block. Go to place the Ztone Flat Lamp on the block and nothing happens. The lamp will not work with the thermal expansion blocks. But it works with any other random block I try, including chisel.

Are blocks somehow designated as "building blocks" or "non-building blocks"? Shouldn't a lamp block be able to go on any block's surface? Why would TE blocks not play well with this mod?

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
How is this even possible? Ztones mod, item "Flat Lamp". My intent is to use it for ceiling lighting down my long hallways. I test it out, looks great. Decide to use Thermal Expansion Tin Block for my ceiling block. Go to place the Ztone Flat Lamp on the block and nothing happens. The lamp will not work with the thermal expansion blocks. But it works with any other random block I try, including chisel.

Are blocks somehow designated as "building blocks" or "non-building blocks"? Shouldn't a lamp block be able to go on any block's surface? Why would TE blocks not play well with this mod?
Maybe they're TileEntities? It doesn't work on chests, right? Maybe TE blocks are classified as transparent TileEntities or something.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe they're TileEntities? It doesn't work on chests, right? Maybe TE blocks are classified as transparent TileEntities or something.

I'm not really too well-versed in the technical aspect of minecraft... but yeah, it sounds like it must be something along those lines. I just find it weird to have a block that won't accept another block being placed onto it. It's the same thing as if you were to try and place one block down next to another one, and it won't place. It's just odd behavior. You're correct, the lamp block can't be placed on a chest, I just tried it.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
An easy easy to indentify tileEntity is any block with one or more of these:
A) Custom block model
B) Inventory or GUI
C) Interactions with player or the world
D) Any other unique properties
So yeah TE and other machines are tile entities but I noticed that MFR acts strangely and works with some non tileEntity properties.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Why would a Thermal Expansion Tin Block (which is made from 9 Tin Ingots) be any different from any other building block, such as a Minecraft Iron Block? I just don't get it. From my perspective, TE somehow screwed that up. I know they're probably considered more as a "storage" block than a "building" block, but they look like any other building block and thus they should act like them too. And they don't.

I can just go with Diamond blocks, there's a Chisel version that looks very similar to the TE Tin blocks. My life will go on. LOL

Reactions: Type1Ninja

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to make vein miner only mime specific blocks and not just ones with prefixes. Because I really don't want VeinMiner usable in the nether but adding ore to the prefixes includes the ores from the nether too. Plz help