Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
10k out from the end island should be islands with Chaos dragons, end game bosses from Draconic Evolution. There should also be some floating comets around as well

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
cant figure out where to get shiny metal/shiny ore... i know i could pulverize ferrous ore and get some by chance... but i need more and ferrous ore is so rare.
is there some way in the FTB infinity pack to find it elsewhere?

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
cant figure out where to get shiny metal/shiny ore... i know i could pulverize ferrous ore and get some by chance... but i need more and ferrous ore is so rare.
is there some way in the FTB infinity pack to find it elsewhere?
Infinity's ore config doesn't have shiny ore. Your only option is getting it from ferrous ore. Pulverize redstone ore or gold ore to get cinnabar and put that in induction smelter with the ferrous ore and you get a shiny ingot from every ferrous ore guaranteed.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Go into the CofH config and retrogen shiny ore :)

Or add electricraft and retrogen yourself some platinum ore, which oredicts with it.

Otherwise get used to crossed fingers and spamming "secondary chance" pulverizer upgrades :)

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
The sidebar, just wondering whether any of your projects have the error symbol.
1433285188_DefiniteProblems.PNG

I circled the red error thingys

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
Waaaaaaaaaait a second, you put your mod in the same folder as Minecraft?
( I ended up ctrl-Z ing to get the stuff back) Hey mate, like i said, major noob here. Everything is being done from the tutorial and since all the people in the comments of the vid where saying it worked and whatnot, i tried it out.
So what should i do?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Setting up a Blood Altar with some regenerating Botania Flowers? Are they able to be planted in anything other than dirt? Is a floating pad my only option?

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
The button for Add projects looks like this:
1433289596_Meh.PNG

Also it says Minecraft there, when i go to Main, it says minecraft under project, am i to change this to my mod which I've titled TestMod? Oh and when I make a new project it looks like this:
1433289741_Majormeh.PNG

Also thank you for the help, I know I'm really struggling here and so i appreciate you spending the time.

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
Other than having two separate MFR farms, is there any feasible way to automate the farming of leaves?

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Other than having two separate MFR farms, is there any feasible way to automate the farming of leaves?
Never tried this but could you set up 2 harvesters on the same area (opposite maybe) and use a timer/switch setup to allow the leaves harvester to work then the full harvester?

(Random thought - may work but don't know for sure)

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I have a 68 x 68 x 25 chunk of space that I want to teleport to another place in another dimension (DW20 pack 1.3.1). Currently I'm looking at about 9000 spatial io pylons... is there a cheaper or different way that I don't know about it?

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019

You can use the same farm with 2 harvesters, just set the "shear leaves" one to it's default area and make sure the saplings one covers a much bigger area(11x11 and up), this balances quite nicely and you'll get plenty of leaves and saplings.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019

You can use the same farm with 2 harvesters, just set the "shear leaves" one to it's default area and make sure the saplings one covers a much bigger area(11x11 and up), this balances quite nicely and you'll get plenty of leaves and saplings.

There's also steve's cart forest cart. It will shear leaves. Reguardless of what option you choose you will have to have two farms. You can't sheer leaves and get sapplings. Therefore your single sheering farm is not sustainable without support.

You can setup both harvesters side by side and setup a redstone trigger to turn on one and turn off the other when you have a set number of sapplings. So when sapplings are high the sheering one is active, when sapplings are low the non sheering one is active. Make sure there's a gap between the numbers.