Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
Well it's not really a simple question, but I've recently tried my hand at modding, and being the absolute noob that i am, i can not for the life of me learn a single thing.
However, i don't feel it's the code I've written that is the problem, but my minecraft version? I don't know.

I'm using Eclipse and I'm following Mr.Crayfish's mod making tutorial for 1.7.10.

The Error I get is:
"Error(s) exist in required project(s):
Minecraft
Proceed with launch?"
This is why i think it is a problem with my jar of minecraft.
Any help is appreciated!

This is what I've made:
package lordslyfox.TestMod;

import net.minecraft.item.Item;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.Mod;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.Mod.EventHandler;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.event.FMLInitializationEvent;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.event.FMLPostInitializationEvent;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.event.FMLPreInitializationEvent;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry;

@Mod(modid = "tm", name = "Test Mod", version = "1.0")
public class TestMod {

public static Item itemTable;

@EventHandler
public void PreInit(FMLPreInitializationEvent event) {
//item/block init and registering
//Config Handling
itemTable = new ItemTable().setUnlocalizedName("ItemTable");
GameRegistry.registerItem(itemTable, ItemTable.getUnlocalizedName().substring(5));
}
@EventHandler
public void Init(FMLInitializationEvent event) {
//Proxy, TileEntity, Entity, GUI and packet registering
}
@EventHandler
public void postInit(FMLPostInitializationEvent event) () {

}
}
If anyone with modding knowledge could help, it is again, greatly appreciated.

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know of any industrial alternatives to levers in Infinity? I used to use the switches from the Switches mod, but I've just discovered that it's not in the pack.

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
You are correct, it's not your code that is the problem. Could you take a screenshot of your workspace?
Yessir I can, however I am at my phone at an arbys currently, so it may have to wait till I get home.
Interesting fact, I actually (no joke) kinda wanted you to be the person who helped me put, I've used SquidUtils a lot in the past.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I just logged on today and instead of being where I logged out I am back at my original spawn point with nothing but the 2 books you get when starting a new map - no I did not start a new map by mistake - I managed to get to my base and everything is still as I left it.

But the armor, the 3 bags of holding, my weapons and tools, everything is gone. Way points are still there!

What could have done this?

Is restore from a save the only way to get it back? Will that get it back?

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
I just logged on today and instead of being where I logged out I am back at my original spawn point with nothing but the 2 books you get when starting a new map - no I did not start a new map by mistake - I managed to get to my base and everything is still as I left it.

But the armor, the 3 bags of holding, my weapons and tools, everything is gone. Way points are still there!

What could have done this?

Is restore from a save the only way to get it back? Will that get it back?
It sounds like your player file got messed up, did you mess with the folder or anything recently? Or did a file corrupt?

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I have not even done a manual backup recently, so a file corrupting is the only option I guess.

I am going to try copying the playerdata folder from a backup to see if that helps - I have now made backups.

Edit - no luck, stayed in same place I logged off though. Full restore time

Edit 2 - Backup did its job - all is good

Last edited:

JarinArenos

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to make a Funky Locomotion / Mining Well frame quarry. Got the mechanics and movement working great, but there's a small hitch. ChickenChunks chunk loader doesn't seem to play nice with movement. It looks like it turns off when moved. Any suggestions on keeping it chunk loaded?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Trying to make a Funky Locomotion / Mining Well frame quarry. Got the mechanics and movement working great, but there's a small hitch. ChickenChunks chunk loader doesn't seem to play nice with movement. It looks like it turns off when moved. Any suggestions on keeping it chunk loaded?
The simplest way to do it might be to have two chunk loaders. Place one somewhere on the main part of your frame machine, and the other on the "floating" part of your caterpillar drive (i.e. that with the frame pusher/puller/slider that pushes the main part of the machine). That way, there's always one stationary chunk loader at all times.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
The simplest way to do it might be to have two chunk loaders. Place one somewhere on the main part of your frame machine, and the other on the "floating" part of your caterpillar drive (i.e. that with the frame pusher/puller/slider that pushes the main part of the machine). That way, there's always one stationary chunk loader at all times.
This is a solution .... if there is a problem. Have not seen it being a problem with any builds I have seen. Has anything changed?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
This is a solution .... if there is a problem. Have not seen it being a problem with any builds I have seen. Has anything changed?
So you've set up frame machines with a single chunk loader and never had a problem? Interesting. I wonder if the problems are just down to timing, if you happened to log out while the machine was in the middle of a move then perhaps when the world re-loads it might not load up the chunks because there wasn't actually a chunk loader in the world at the point that the world unloaded. I've always gone for the safe opion of having a chunk loader on each moving part of the inchworm drive.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019

Are you using a big enough area on the chunkloader? Because if part of the machine moves out of the chunk that is currently loaded it'll get stuck, safest to load at least one chunk outside of where your machine is.

AFAIK the moving chunkloader problem was fixed ages ago.

JarinArenos

Jul 29, 2019
I had plenty of area covered by the loader; that was my first thought too. If it helps, the machine was set up in Deeper Darkness, and seemed to shut off the instant I left the dimension.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Reactions: Knux897

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
So you've set up frame machines with a single chunk loader and never had a problem? Interesting. I wonder if the problems are just down to timing, if you happened to log out while the machine was in the middle of a move then perhaps when the world re-loads it might not load up the chunks because there wasn't actually a chunk loader in the world at the point that the world unloaded. I've always gone for the safe opion of having a chunk loader on each moving part of the inchworm drive.

Mine seems to work fine, I only run it occasionally, its in the deep dark and 4 chunks wide so a single move/mine process is usually enough, and I have never logged off when it was running. But I have also not seen it be an issue for DW20's or forgecraft builds. If there is no problem having 2 chunk loaders covering the same area I will probably add one just to be safe .... but I was not aware of anyone having an issue.

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
in the end, is there other islands to find without the dragon or do i have to face the dragon to be able to mine and use the End.
if i fly far out enough, will i find anything?

playing FTB Infinity pack.