Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
There's also steve's cart forest cart. It will shear leaves. Reguardless of what option you choose you will have to have two farms. You can't sheer leaves and get sapplings. Therefore your single sheering farm is not sustainable without support.

You can setup both harvesters side by side and setup a redstone trigger to turn on one and turn off the other when you have a set number of sapplings. So when sapplings are high the sheering one is active, when sapplings are low the non sheering one is active. Make sure there's a gap between the numbers.

You don't need 2 farms, just 2 harvesters. And you don't need the complicated redstone, runs just fine the way I described with both harvesters on constantly, I have used that way many times.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not saying it isn't. I'm just saying it's another way. Not that it's better lol just it's a different way.

I meant harvesters... though really depending on how far apart you space them it could really be considered 2 farms, but either way it's symantics

macks2008

Jul 29, 2019
In the infinity pack, what's a good way to produce renewable energy to power a small AE system? Better yet, what's an ideal way to produce renewable energy on the order of magnitude of 50*N RF per tick?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
This may not be a simple question, and it may not have a simple answer, but...

I'm trying to set a Wither Skeleton farm for heads above my Blood Altar. Got the structure and machinery assembled (MFR Grinder+Auto-Spawner+Conveyor Belts). Question is: should I get another grinder to get me the necessary mob essence? Because I think it's not as linear as kill one, get another+free loot.

Which setup/tactics should I use? Another grinder and pray mobs go in front of it at night?

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
So creating a mod and having some problems, the item name appears as item.ItemTable.name ( I'm making a table yes) and i have it set like this: item.ItemTable.name=Table in an en_US.lang tab.
So how do i make the name of an item appear as the name i want it to be?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
In the infinity pack, what's a good way to produce renewable energy to power a small AE system? Better yet, what's an ideal way to produce renewable energy on the order of magnitude of 50*N RF per tick?

That is a real open ended question!!!

My initial power gen this time around was the Ender IO Sterling Generators. I just kept adding to them as needed until I was ready to jump to a big reactor. The interesting part was automating the feeding of Lava buckets to them and auto turn off/on based power stored in capacitor bank. With the exception of one machine (Fluid Transposer) the rest was all ender IO. Conduits, generators, power monitoring and multi block capacitor bank.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019

I'm trying to set a Wither Skeleton farm for heads above my Blood Altar. Got the structure and machinery assembled (MFR Grinder+Auto-Spawner+Conveyor Belts). Question is: should I get another grinder to get me the necessary mob essence? Because I think it's not as linear as kill one, get another+free loot.

Which setup/tactics should I use? Another grinder and pray mobs go in front of it at night?
Grinder does not produce enough ME from a wither skeleton to spawn one wither skeleton, so you would have a loss. I would suggest using another grinder with ExU Cursed Earth, or ditch MFR spawners altogether for EnderIO spawners as they only require power

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Other than having two separate MFR farms, is there any feasible way to automate the farming of leaves?
You can setup both harvesters side by side and setup a redstone trigger to turn on one and turn off the other when you have a set number of sapplings. So when sapplings are high the sheering one is active, when sapplings are low the non sheering one is active. Make sure there's a gap between the numbers.
This is what I am doing sort of. I have two Harvesters on top of each other and the top one set to shearing. I am then using a ME Level Emitter to turn the Shearing Harvester ON and OFF based on the stock of leaves. Works perfectly fine.

Reactions: Psychicash

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Grinder does not produce enough ME from a wither skeleton to spawn one wither skeleton, so you would have a loss. I would suggest using another grinder with ExU Cursed Earth, or ditch MFR spawners altogether for EnderIO spawners as they only require power
I can only find skeleton spawners on the NEI. Do I get to chose wither skeleton, or are they sort of random spawn?

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
I can only find skeleton spawners on the NEI. Do I get to chose wither skeleton, or are they sort of random spawn?
Wither skeletons share the same mob ID as regular skeletons, so regular skletons are wither skeletons. If a skeleton spawner is in the Nether, it will have an 80% chance of spawning a wither skeleton.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019

I don't think the MFR grinders drop heads unless that's changed recently

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I get heads from mine, it's not all the time but it does happen

EDIT: corrected auto spelling from my silly phone

Last edited:

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Do mobs only count toward the blood altar if killed by a ritual or the dagger of sacrifice? Grinder doesn't count?

Last edited:

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, grinders don't count. There are ways to automate the dagger that work but I don't remember which ones.
thanks. I was more concerned on making a wither skull farm, but it's good to know I don't have to ruin my altar's aesthetics.

Another question: my mana bean farm is producing only 3 of the same beans. When I look at the planted beans, WAILA shows the bean stalk as changing. Am I doing something wrong? Bug or feature?

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, grinders don't count. There are ways to automate the dagger that work but I don't remember which ones.
Actually this is not correct. I'm not sure if it is by intention or bug but originally I set my alter down right next to my ender farm in the end. Mine is set up so ender men fall a ways onto diamond spikes.

While testing to see how much each heart I sacrificed gave to the alter I found the numbers were inconsistent. So I started watching the blood in the alter without sacrificing. I found that every time an ender man died it gave blood to the alter. Talk about a way to boost up my blood alter without even trying rofl.

Edit... I haven't tried grinders. I will when I get home

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, grinders don't count. There are ways to automate the dagger that work but I don't remember which ones

Dynamism tablet from Thaumic Tinkerer is the only fake player Way hasn't nerfed.

other question: my mana bean farm is producing only 3 of the same beans. When I look at the planted beans, WAILA shows the bean stalk as changing. Am I doing something wrong? Bug or feature

You have to breed mana beans together to get different aspects by putting the 2 base aspect beans next to each other and once grown they'll form the new aspect .Makes farming them a royal pain, rather use wisps and a grinder(absolutely hate when mods require mob farms, horrible for servers)

Actually this is not correct. I'm not sure if it is by intention or bug but originally I set my alter down right next to my ender farm in the end. Mine is set up so ender men fall a ways onto diamond spikes.

That's interesting and probably not intended...