Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Another question: my mana bean farm is producing only 3 of the same beans. When I look at the planted beans, WAILA shows the bean stalk as changing. Am I doing something wrong? Bug or feature?
You have to breed mana beans together to get different aspects by putting the 2 base aspect beans next to each other and once grown they'll form the new aspect .Makes farming them a royal pain, rather use wisps and a grinder(absolutely hate when mods require mob farms, horrible for servers)

Once you have bred a mana bean, it should be a permanant thing, unless you breed or use away your last bean. That said, using them for later tier Aspects is a bit of a hassle. (The deepest i've gone is Spiritus). Personally I find the most useful mana beans to be things that are a hassle to get from items. For example Vintium, Auraum and Victus.

A word of warning, don't break mana beans unless they fully grown.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Nope, grinders don't count. There are ways to automate the dagger that work but I don't remember which ones.
You're probably thinking of the Well of Suffering ritual. It doesn't automate the dagger per se, but it does do the same thing- it damages nearby mobs, and puts LP into a nearby blood altar.

Reactions: Padfoote

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
You're probably thinking of the Well of Suffering ritual. It doesn't automate the dagger per se, but it does do the same thing- it damages nearby mobs, and puts LP into a nearby blood altar.

I was a little iffy on blood magic... and then I tried it... and OMG it's awesome!!!!! Well of suffering is great and produces a good deal of drops. Woot TNT!!!!!

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Do mobs only count toward the blood altar if killed by a ritual or the dagger of sacrifice? Grinder doesn't count?
My setup is a level with cursed earth and grinders producing essence above a level with 2 MFR (villager) spawners in a room with the well of suffering. Don't see any way I could possibly run out of essence. I believe villagers still give the highest return

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Why do people want to taint nodes? I've seen it done a few times and can't understand why they do it
For farming tainted goo/tendrils for use in crafting, or for taming a giant Hungry Node for powering Vis Relays. You feed the node with items to boost its aspects, taint it to stop it being hungry, then move it, stabilize it, and transduce it.

Last edited:
Reactions: rouge_bare

macks2008

Jul 29, 2019
That is a real open ended question!!!

My initial power gen this time around was the Ender IO Sterling Generators. I just kept adding to them as needed until I was ready to jump to a big reactor. The interesting part was automating the feeding of Lava buckets to them and auto turn off/on based power stored in capacitor bank. With the exception of one machine (Fluid Transposer) the rest was all ender IO. Conduits, generators, power monitoring and multi block capacitor bank.
"this is a real open ended question" yeah, I was looking for anything that would provide plenty of power (preferably RF) automatically and renewably, and since I'm not familiar with any renewable energy sources, save for Forestry's tree farm + biofuels, I need suggestions.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Actually this is not correct. I'm not sure if it is by intention or bug but originally I set my alter down right next to my ender farm in the end. Mine is set up so ender men fall a ways onto diamond spikes.

While testing to see how much each heart I sacrificed gave to the alter I found the numbers were inconsistent. So I started watching the blood in the alter without sacrificing. I found that every time an ender man died it gave blood to the alter. Talk about a way to boost up my blood alter without even trying rofl.

Edit... I haven't tried grinders. I will when I get home

If I remember correctly, according to some of the YouTube videos I've seen (DW20, Hypnotizd, Fireball, etc.), the spikes are treated just like a wielded weapon so you collect LP. The grinder doesn't work, nor do Autonomous Activators last I heard.

The Killer Joe produces Essence and XP, I think, but I don't know if it produces LP.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
"this is a real open ended question" yeah, I was looking for anything that would provide plenty of power (preferably RF) automatically and renewably, and since I'm not familiar with any renewable energy sources, save for Forestry's tree farm + biofuels, I need suggestions.
So the key term for me here is "renewable". So MFR or Steve's Carts tree farm is one. Burn the logs in sometype of furnace to produce charcoal then feed that into various engines like the the Ender IO Sterling enging.

Another would be bee's that produce sometype of fuel. In my current Infinity build I use them to produce uranium which is then feed to my big reactor.

Another late game would be a MFR mining laser with lenses to produce more yellorium feed into a big reactor and turbine. You will need the turbine to produce enough power for the MFR laser.

There are a lot of other ideas out there as well.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Botania has a bunch of little "crafting placeholders." What do those do or what are they for?
They used with the Crafty Crate. Say you using one to craft Furnaces, you could apply the Donut Crafting placeholder to the Crafty Crate (they aren't used up) then fill with cobblestone. It places the placeholders in the central position.

Ofc I don't think you'd be using it to craft Furnaces, but you get the idea :)

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Why do people want to taint nodes? I've seen it done a few times and can't understand why they do it

They generally expose "Hungry" nodes to taint... The ones that absorb everything.

When they feed the Hungry node so that it has enough of each basic essence to fit their needs they move it to a tainted area. As soon as it becomes tainted it stops "eating" everything within reach. Then they capture it, put it where they want it and plant those flowers around it to remove the taint, leaving a single clean node to provide their needs.

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
So creating a mod and having some problems, the item name appears as item.ItemTable.name ( I'm making a table yes) and i have it set like this: item.ItemTable.name=Table in an en_US.lang tab.
So how do i make the name of an item appear as the name i want it to be?

Nevermind, im a genius and figured it out :p

Last edited:

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Decocraft recipes aren't showing on the NEI. How to check them without alt+tabbing everytime?
Decocraft items are now made in the new Decobench, which has a gui with all the items and decoclay needed for each and a decoclay storage system kind of like the openblocks paint mixer.

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone describe to me the mod Botania and what it focuses on?
It's a magical mod that focuses around plants. It has many, many amazing features and lets you make tools, armor, weapons, and cool rings that have amazing abilities such as farther reach and quicker speed. Botania is focused around its main power source, mana, which can be generated through its many, many flowers. The in game book, Lexica Botania, has all of this information and more in it, with a very good bit of explanation to everything.
To download it go here: http://botaniamod.net/downloads.php
Or for more info go here: http://botaniamod.net/lexicon.php
It is developed by @Vazkii and it has a lot of references to things Vazkii likes throughout the mod.

Pwn

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to know how, if you have the knowledge, to set up uskyblock on an agrarian skies server. May sound a bit simple, (though for me no matter how simple it is, it usually ends up difficult) but here's the catch. I have linux. So therefore there isn't a single tutorial out there that will completely solve my problems. But, I am quite used to this and so I know how to problem solve a bit, but if you could give me an idea on how to config the plugin that would be great.

Pwn

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know why after every update, NEI goes back into cheat mode (I use recipe mode), and if there's a way to prevent this?
Every time I update, within a few minutes of loading I look up a recipe and unexpectedly end up with a stack of something :p
I'm not quite sure you can prevent this, this is probably due to a change to the mod, or because every time you update it resets the mod. If I were you I'd check all the settings around NEI to see if it's an option