Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Doesn't get much simpler than this.

Once upon a time I saw a cute teaser video for ex nihilo 2 on the interwebs. Somewhere. It was just a single perspective of a player playing an ex nihilo skyblock in fast-forward.

Anyone know where I can find that video? I'm trying to demonstrate to a coworker what the hell a skyblock is.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't get much simpler than this.

Once upon a time I saw a cute teaser video for ex nihilo 2 on the interwebs. Somewhere. It was just a single perspective of a player playing an ex nihilo skyblock in fast-forward.

Anyone know where I can find that video? I'm trying to demonstrate to a coworker what the hell a skyblock is.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2010050934/ex-nihilo-2

Where else would teaser videos for Ex Nihilo 2 be? :p

Reactions: Pyure

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Simple question (for those in the know): When will Gregtech v6 be in a playable state? How far along is Gregorious with it? Even a simple answer like "soon" or "not soon at all" would be sufficient. Thanks.

This is a subjective question in some parts, and sometimes flammable :D

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Simple question (for those in the know): When will Gregtech v6 be in a playable state? How far along is Gregorious with it? Even a simple answer like "soon" or "not soon at all" would be sufficient. Thanks.
From what I have seen it is there, but it isn't there; still missing a lot of features from GT5

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Infinity 1.5.1 had the nicest loading screen (a hammer hitting an anvil and loading progression) but that is gone with 1.6.2. Something I can configure to show it again?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I thought it were spinning anvil in 1.5.1, and the hitting hammer in 1.6.2. It's a native forge feature.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Infinity 1.5.1 had the nicest loading screen (a hammer hitting an anvil and loading progression) but that is gone with 1.6.2. Something I can configure to show it again?
That was a forge thing... I don't know if it got removed, or the forge version got lowered for some reason

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I thought it were spinning anvil in 1.5.1, and the hitting hammer in 1.6.2. It's a native forge feature.
That might have been it, but all I have is a) a black screen followed by b) the Mojang logo. Could there have been an issue when i updated the mod? I'm using the FTB client.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
That might have been it, but all I have is a) a black screen followed by b) the Mojang logo. Could there have been an issue when i updated the mod? I'm using the FTB client.
Do you have Optifine installed? I have been told that removes that feature

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
I have itemducts and a servo pulling the output of an auto disenchanter into a filing cabinet (for enchanted books) and a chest (for the unenchanted junk that survives). Anybody have any idea why the books are bypassing the filing cabinet, which is not full?

2015-06-05_10.30.55.png

I could probably fix this with a filter and a blacklist, but it's still curious.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I have itemducts and a servo pulling the output of an auto disenchanter into a filing cabinet (for enchanted books) and a chest (for the unenchanted junk that survives). Anybody have any idea why the books are bypassing the filing cabinet, which is not full?

View attachment 20020

I could probably fix this with a filter and a blacklist, but it's still curious.
I have no idea... but a dirty bypass would be to put the books you DON'T want into a hopper, that is putting items into the cabinet. The pipes may just be avoiding them, for some reason or another

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea... but a dirty bypass would be to put the books you DON'T want into a hopper, that is putting items into the cabinet. The pipes may just be avoiding them, for some reason or another
It does seem like the ducts stopped seeing the cabinet as a valid inventory. When I put the filter on, blacklisting books into the chest, it jams up. They were fine for a while ... maybe it has something to do with the number of items in the cabinet? I'll try the hopper ... that's irritating though. o_O

EDIT: OK, yep, the hopper works (whitelisting books into it with filter). I'll do a little testing then probably report this as a bug.

Last edited:

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Does AE2 actually have its own silicon?

Every pack i've used it in relies on other mods (mainly enderIO) silicon for making processors.

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
It does seem like the ducts stopped seeing the cabinet as a valid inventory. When I put the filter on, blacklisting books into the chest, it jams up. They were fine for a while ... maybe it has something to do with the number of items in the cabinet? I'll try the hopper ... that's irritating though. o_O

EDIT: OK, yep, the hopper works (whitelisting books into it with filter). I'll do a little testing then probably report this as a bug.
Indeed it looks like once the filing cabinet goes over 63 items, the ducts think it's full.

EDIT: I had the bug wrong - it actually seems to be preventing more than 2 of an item from entering the filing cabinet (and it's already reported).

Last edited:

Daz58

Jul 29, 2019
I am getting very frustrated trying to run a fluid conduit and redstone signal to run a bank of steam engines. I place the pressurised fluid conduit and have all working correctly and when I try to run the insulated redstone conduit it doesn't connect to industrial steam engines automatically. So I have tried using both wrenches and all that ends up happening is that everything disconnects.

Is there a tutorial on this subject somewhere?