Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KaoticSoulz

Jul 29, 2019
Mid-game armor for FTB infinity? Armor is always my limiting gear option... (I'd prefer not bound. Can't be bothered starting blood magic quite yet.)

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know what the Blizzy effect is/does - from Gelid forestry bee

Edit - never mind - spawns the Blizz - a cold version of blaze - glad I move to a remote apiary

JarinArenos

Jul 29, 2019
DW20 pack, looking for high-volume liquid transport for steam from my reactor. Currently using Ender IO ender fluid conduits in parallel, which each handle 1000 mB/t. That's fine for now, but will be sub-optimal for if and when I want to scale up my power gen. Tried Extra Utilities transport nodes, but the delay between transport ticks makes them too unreliable for the high rate-of-flow between reactor and turbine. Any recommendations?

Last edited:

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
DW20 pack, looking for high-volume liquid transport for steam from my reactor. Currently using Ender IO ender fluid conduits in parallel, which each handle 1000 mB/t. That's fine for now, but will be sub-optimal for if and when I want to scale up my power gen. Tried Extra Utilities transport nodes, but the delay between transport ticks makes them too unreliable for the high rate-of-flow between reactor and turbine. Any recommendations?
The best option is to put the reactor and turbine together and have the out from reactor going into turbine - dump the cooled water from the turbine and feed water into the reactor from a unlimited water supply.
If that is not an option tesseracts (or possibly Dimensional transceivers) attached to both should work

JarinArenos

Jul 29, 2019
Butting them up against eachother doesn't mess with multiblock formation? If that's the case, why bother with the dumping at all and have the turbine's vent ports feed straight back into the reactor?

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Butting them up against eachother doesn't mess with multiblock formation? If that's the case, why bother with the dumping at all and have the turbine's vent ports feed straight back into the reactor?

Does not cause a problem. I can't remember if there is "loss" from the process - I know doing it that way works, it may work as a closed system but I did not try it.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
The usual solution, if you don't want the reactor and turbine right smack against each other, is to use Tesseracts. They're expensive, but they can transfer unlimited everything per tick.

Cooth

Jul 29, 2019
What can I use in Lite 3 modpack to pull items from storage (barrels or chests) through to machines? I have 2 Magma Crucibles running but can't find any way of properly automating it. Also any good ideas on better ways to make rf? my 16 magmatic dynamos and few solar panels ain't quite cutting it when I've got my auto spawners going.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
What can I use in Lite 3 modpack to pull items from storage (barrels or chests) through to machines? I have 2 Magma Crucibles running but can't find any way of properly automating it. Also any good ideas on better ways to make rf? my 16 magmatic dynamos and few solar panels ain't quite cutting it when I've got my auto spawners going.

You can use retrievers on the itemducts to pull items from elsewhere on the itemduct network. I'm assuming you need it for redstone and/or ender pearls, you're probably going to be fine with the most basic retriever with those. Pyrotheum and cryotheum you will need metadata capable retrievers.

Make Ender-Thermic Pump and pump lava in the Nether. Smack a Tesseract next to it to give it power and to move the lava out. You shouldn't need a separate chunk loader as long as they're in the same chunk as the pump should chunk load automatically. Pipe lava from another Tesseract to your dynamos. Also, did you upgrade the dynamos with the augments? You probably want energy cells to hold extra RF for burst operations like auto-spawners if you're not using them all the time. If you are you just need to up your power production.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cooth

Cooth

Jul 29, 2019
You can use retrievers on the itemducts to pull items from elsewhere on the itemduct network. I'm assuming you need it for redstone and/or ender pearls, you're probably going to be fine with the most basic retriever with those. Pyrotheum and cryotheum you will need metadata capable retrievers.

Make Ender-Thermic Pump and pump lava in the Nether. Smack a Tesseract next to it to give it power and to move the lava out. You shouldn't need a separate chunk loader as long as they're in the same chunk as the pump should chunk load automatically. Pipe lava from another Tesseract to your dynamos. Also, did you upgrade the dynamos with the augments? You probably want energy cells to hold extra RF for burst operations like auto-spawners if you're not using them all the time. If you are you just need to up your power production.

I'll give the retrievers a go see if they work thanks! I forgot about the Ender-Thermic Pumps. Although will need to check the Tesseract recipe to see if its a possibility for me. Will look into the augments as well. I seem to always run out of redstone and can never find much. What are other sources of redstone?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The best option is to put the reactor and turbine together and have the out from reactor going into turbine - dump the cooled water from the turbine and feed water into the reactor from a unlimited water supply.
I always strongly recommend against that. It is totally unnecessary to dispose of the water and creating new water constantly in such a quantity is never free(it often costs quite a bit of server/PC resources to do so). Instead go with the option of reusing it through Tesseracts etc. for a better server/PC health solution.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
What do the percentages in the descriptions of AE2 Seeds refer to?
That's the progress of them turning into the Pure Crystals. 0% is just created, 99% is as close as it can get to being pure. (100% doesn't exist as at that point it turns to a Pure Crystal.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Not sure if this is a bug or not, but in Infinity 1.6.1 the PortalGun mod was added (sounds of joy from me are to be heard here...)

The problem is, every time I log out, the portals I had set up disappear, like I never shot them in the first place. I've looked in the PortalGun config and didn't see anything about this there.

Any ideas?