Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I carry the mattock now, mainly because I still do farming and the hoe aspect puts it over the top. And also because the amount of dirt I dig is not worth having a specific dedicated tool in my toolbar.

I carry a pouch, or a backpack, or whatever you prefer, and I fill it with all sorts of tools. I do keep a regular axe and a shovel in the bag, if I ever do need to do something extensive then I break those out and put the mattock away for a bit.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Can't a mattock basically act as a replacement for axe, shovel & hoe all at once? And later, if more speed is required, one could simply switch it out for more specialized tools.
*flies away*

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Not quite, the mattock doesn't really work that well with Gravel, particially gravel ore. I usually do use a mattock as a replacement for an hatchet early game, saves me a stick and a flint.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Ad hoc networks. Someone posted some ridiculously over-done PDF's the other day on reddit, but they get the point across. http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeas...lied_energistics_2_storage_expansion_designs/

Here is the direct link, it's a blog posting, the two PDF's on the page explain everything: http://www.penwatch.net/cms/?p=387

There's also this comment in reddit to note: "You've found the 7 Storage Bus + ME Interface setup - now the next step to infinitely expandable storage on one channel is to put one of those seven Storage Buses on yet another ME Interface. Repeat as necessary."

I'm not certain, but I think they call that a "SSD" - not as in Solid State Drive, but as in Super Soaryn Drive for the guy who invented the idea. Basically an infinite series of bus-interface-storagearray-bus-interface-storagearray until you run out of either space or power. :)

I was wondering just more hooking up a deep storage by itself not the ssd. I hooked a storage bus to a deep storage and it doesn't put anything into it, or take it out as far as I can tell... the number is constant.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I was wondering just more hooking up a deep storage by itself not the ssd. I hooked a storage bus to a deep storage and it doesn't put anything into it, or take it out as far as I can tell... the number is constant.
Do you also have some of the stored items in your AE system? If so it might be using/storing there first. Have you set the priority on the DSU storage bus? I had a similar problem, it doesn't seem to work as well in AE2 as it did back in 1.5 when I last used external storage with AE.

Reactions: Psychicash

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Do you also have some of the stored items in your AE system? If so it might be using/storing there first. Have you set the priority on the DSU storage bus? I had a similar problem, it doesn't seem to work as well in AE2 as it did back in 1.5 when I last used external storage with AE.

I will check that out when I get home. Sounds like a plan

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
If mob grieving is off (creepers don't destroy the landscape) then can a wither still destroy non wither proof blocks?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

Good point, I forgot about this aspect. When I place a new DSU down, I either right click the AE2 storage bus after attaching it and place one item (ghost item) into the grid, or else I open the DSU itself and place a few stacks of the item into it. Doing either of these things will "lock" the DSU and only that item can be stored in it. Then the next step is important - take each of your AE2 hard drives, one by one, and run them thru an ME IO Port. This will remove all items stored on each disk, and transfer them back into your AE2 system, leaving you with a blank hard drive which you then reinsert into the drive bay. By doing this for each of your hard drives, the DSU will fill up with that specific item you wish to store in it. None of that one item will now be stored on your hard drives, including any future quantities that come into your AE2 system, they'll all go direct into the DSU - you don't have to change the priority on the storage bus or anything like that. It works automatic on default settings.

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
When looking at my inventory in an AE2 terminal, how do I temporarily just show one mod's items on the screen? In the search box, I tried typing the mod name, and also @modname, neither works.

I'll answer my own question, there's a button at the upper left of the terminal screen, you can cycle thru to sort by mod... but typing the mod's name into the search box doesn't ever seem to do anything. The sort button does the job tho, good enough.

ThTs

Jul 29, 2019
Infinity 1.7, Botania: I can use the normal Mana Spreader, but I cant get the Redstone Mana Spreader to work. I put it next to a mana pool, but it doesnt even fill up its own buffer. It is pointed at another Mana Pool and I activated a redstone signal. What am I missing?

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Infinity 1.7, Botania: I can use the normal Mana Spreader, but I cant get the Redstone Mana Spreader to work. I put it next to a mana pool, but it doesnt even fill up its own buffer. It is pointed at another Mana Pool and I activated a redstone signal. What am I missing?
Are any flowers linked to this redstone mana spreader? You may have to remove any other spreaders around, or manually relink flowers so that the redstone spreader has a workload.

ThTs

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to use it to transfer mana from one pool to another. That's supposed to work, isn't it? The first pool has a constant mana supply through Dayblooms.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to use it to transfer mana from one pool to another. That's supposed to work, isn't it? The first pool has a constant mana supply through Dayblooms.
Dangit, I misread your question. My bad. :p
Ummm... can we have a screenshot of your setup? Everything sounds like it should be correct, so I'd like to see what this looks like in your case.

macks2008

Jul 29, 2019
No we weren't looking for trolling methods. Rather originally we had planning on doing a mystcraft hub. The server was reseting and that sounded like a grand idea. However, mystcraft is disabled. As is the ender rails. They just do not work for teleporting. That having been said. I was looking for alternatives. I don't know, after talking with someone that knows blood magic very well, how functional it would be or possible to use blood magic for that purpose.

Travel anchors definitely won't work. The space is too far. That's part of the reason that we had said no to IC2, too much power requirements.

I think in the end we'll end up with either just minecarts and lots of booster rails or spatial io...
spatial I/O could be an interesting method. I presume you mean that the system would involve someone entering a spatial containment structure and triggering it such that it automatically pulls the spatial storage cell out of the spatial I/O and moves it to another spatial I/O in a remote location with a nigh identical set up.

Is there a mod (loosly excluding computercraft and openperipherals... If someone's already written a program to do exactly this, that'll be okay. I just don't want to have to do any coding myself, save for very slight tweaks) that adds some sort of way to compare genomes of 2 bees and just tells me what the differences are, not the whole genome? It's kind of inconvenient to have to keep switching bees in and out of my beealyzer when there's a much simpler solution that simply requires someone doing a little bit of coding to make a GUI that compares NBT data of two similar items.
Honestly, I would even settle for getting the raw NBT data of each chromosome in dot notation.
still kind of hoping for an answer to this question. I know I saw direwolf20 using a turtle to sort his bees in one of his videos. I think it was an old server play, so it may be out of date, but I doubt the CC add-on he was using (which I believe was OpenPeripherals) changed enough that a similar solution is not still possible. If I could find that video I'd just copy his solution from pastebin and see if it still works... But I suck at lua so if it doesn't work then I'd be wasting my time most likely...

ThTs

Jul 29, 2019
http://imgur.com/6aDTKVL
The Mana Spreader to the left is correctly transfering Mana from the Dayblooms to the Pool in the middle. I had another non-readstone Spreader that was correctly transfering Mana to the Altar to the right, I removed that one for the screenshot. Attached to the Pool in the middle you can see the Redstone Mana Spreader, and behind it a Lever. It is aimed at the second pool, but doesn't actually do something.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
If mob grieving is off (creepers don't destroy the landscape) then can a wither still destroy non wither proof blocks?
No the mob griefing setting disables all mobs from interfering with blocks. This includes the wither, Endermen etc.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Redstone mana spreaders only fire on a leading edge of a redstone signal. i.e. a redstone pulse. If you moving from one mana pool to another I HIGHLY recommend not using Redstone mana spreaders. They are meant for firing at things like drums or with use with some mana lenses (for example the Bore Lens). Just as a FYI applying a redstone signal to a non-Redstone Mana Spreader (or the Elven/Gaia) will stop them firing at all)

If you just giving the Redstone mana spreader a constant redstone signal - it'll fire only when the signal is applied.

ThTs

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks a lot, that helped me. I was looking for a solution to just quickly toggle mana transfer from pool a to pool b on demand. I guess I could use a redstone timer, but its probably easier to just turn away the spreader when I dont want it to be active.

macks2008

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this qualifies as simple, but does anyone know why, between my 3 arcane alembics, they are only building up one Ignis but 32 Perdito and Terra when I give them 8 vanilla furnaces? I've tried with both standard charcoal and with Alumentum, and, as you can see from the screenshots, I've tried on a fresh world (in this case, one where I spawned near an NPC village)
arcane alembic with only 1 Ignis
arcane alembic full of Terra
arcane alembic full of Perdito

Last edited: