Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Yes railcraft is in the pack, I know this because to make basic minecraft track I had to setup to make creosole oil lol.

And thaumic tinker is in the pack, I'll have to look into celestial panels. If nothing else we were talking about rails in the nether. Though no one wants to break through the ceiling. lol :p I vote yes, why not.
IIRC Random Things is in the pack, which has an item that allows a one-time teleport directly to another player (Force Card or something...?). Probably not what you're looking for exactly, but thought I'd just add that in.
*flies away*

Reactions: jordsta95

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
When looking at my inventory in an AE2 terminal, how do I temporarily just show one mod's items on the screen? In the search box, I tried typing the mod name, and also @modname, neither works.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
IC2 Nuclear Reactor questions... Infinity modpack, latest IC2 version.

1. From this IC2 forum thread, I got to this download page for the IC2exp Reactor Planner... but it appears to be just the java source code/files. Where is the actual application I can run on my desktop, offline? (Edit: Just found "ICReactorPlannerV3.jar" in my Minecraft documents. File has a date of May 2014 so it's a year old - is it still the current version?)
2. How much EU/t can I reasonably expect to get from a IC2 nuke? I've already got 28 Ultimate Hybrid Solars and every day I get 4 more from my MassFabs making Iridium... should I just stick to that route and forget about nukes? The forum posts I see talk about getting a little bit over 1000 EU/t, but my solars give me 2048 EU/t during the day and all I have to do is be diligent about sleeping thru the nighttime and it seems they are WAY beyond what a nuclear power plant could give me (for the amount of effort involved to set it all up).
3. Any tips about this topic are appreciated. I have 250K U238 and 100K U235 and I'm trying to decide what to do with em all... make enriched uranium? Make MOX fuel? I also have a ton of Yellorium and run a Big Reactor for my RF. I see I can make MOX from Yellorium and Blutonium too? It's a dilemma, I have all these raw materials and would like to use em instead of just see them sit in my AE2 drives... but if the return isn't gonna be worth all the effort involved, and all the risks that come with a meltdown... solars just don't seem to have any downside except that I can't make them very quickly.
If you've added/enabled ultimate solars, they're going to be superior to everything ever. You don't need nuclear at this point. I make sure to disable them for the reasons you're facing.

That said, you can easily make a MOX reactor that produces around 1000 eu/t. You'll need to get plutonium to get it running, but once its running it breeds plutonium rather than consumes it (and eats U-235)

RF:EU is approximately 4:1 for most conversion scenarios. So if you can make a big reactor turbine generate, say, 20k RF/t, that's going to be around 5k EU/T depending on whether you can get an optimal conversion ratio.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question, my deep storage stupid after a few stacks when first connecting it to my ae, could some explain the proper way to connect a deep storage to ae2.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
It's not working I'll have to send pictures.

Also, the quartz fiber transmits power but no data. Is there a cable that transmits data but not power?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
It's not working I'll have to send pictures.

Also, the quartz fiber transmits power but no data. Is there a cable that transmits data but not power?
No, but why would you need that? Fluix cables, smart cables, and dense cables, are all fine for both :p

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
For instance I use Steve's factory manager to automate seed production in the accelerator. It's hooked up so only when seed s are in the water will it then turn on.

I like that separation of sections. Though I can do that with toggle buses and Redstone signal, is also like to independently provide power to certain arms. I feel like one power acceptor is a bottleneck...

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
For instance I use Steve's factory manager to automate seed production in the accelerator. It's hooked up so only when seed s are in the water will it then turn on.

I like that separation of sections. Though I can do that with toggle buses and Redstone signal, is also like to independently provide power to certain arms. I feel like one power acceptor is a bottleneck...
Use controllers then?

Colin doesn't approve lol
When does he ever?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question, my deep storage stupid after a few stacks when first connecting it to my ae, could some explain the proper way to connect a deep storage to ae2.

Ad hoc networks. Someone posted some ridiculously over-done PDF's the other day on reddit, but they get the point across. http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeas...lied_energistics_2_storage_expansion_designs/

Here is the direct link, it's a blog posting, the two PDF's on the page explain everything: http://www.penwatch.net/cms/?p=387

There's also this comment in reddit to note: "You've found the 7 Storage Bus + ME Interface setup - now the next step to infinitely expandable storage on one channel is to put one of those seven Storage Buses on yet another ME Interface. Repeat as necessary."

I'm not certain, but I think they call that a "SSD" - not as in Solid State Drive, but as in Super Soaryn Drive for the guy who invented the idea. Basically an infinite series of bus-interface-storagearray-bus-interface-storagearray until you run out of either space or power. :)

Last edited:

Kalagorn

Jul 29, 2019
The mattock breaks wood fine, and hoe dirt. BUT they don't shovel at the right speed (IIRC)
Also, how often do you carry a hatchet and a shovel?

What do you mean how often do I carry a hatchet and a shovel? I suppose I carry a shovel and axe in vanilla all the time. Is that a vote for Hatchet + Shovel or Mattock?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean how often do I carry a hatchet and a shovel? I suppose I carry a shovel and axe in vanilla all the time. Is that a vote for Hatchet + Shovel or Mattock?
I dunno... it was just a question of do you usually carry both?
If not, just make the separate tools, that way you get better speeds on both :p

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The mattock breaks wood fine, and hoe dirt. BUT they don't shovel at the right speed (IIRC)
Also, how often do you carry a hatchet and a shovel?
Have to agree. The Mattock might have a use as a hoe replacement. A sort of all-round tool for farming. But it is too slow for digging to really be a contender for all-purpose use.

I am instead sticking to a Gravisuite Advanced Diamond Drill to serve as both pickaxe, shovel, hammer and excavator, and then occasionally swap in a chainsaw/axe when working with wood/chopping trees.