Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I presumed CC would be the only way, I have done and can use it and was willing to but I don't feel like editing the modpack right now. The "I never use it" was explaining my ignorance as to if OpenPeripherals was in the pack.

ah, well if it is in there it is pretty simple you just need a while true loop a sleep and 1 for loop to go over all the slots as. It does get a bit more complicated if you want totals and not what is in a certain slot.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
ah, well if it is in there it is pretty simple you just need a while true loop a sleep and 1 for loop to go over all the slots as. It does get a bit more complicated if you want totals and not what is in a certain slot.

Is scanning a barrel so shouldn't be too hard, just need the total number held. Will look again in the future if I need it. Thnx.

macks2008

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a mod (loosly excluding computercraft and openperipherals... If someone's already written a program to do exactly this, that'll be okay. I just don't want to have to do any coding myself, save for very slight tweaks) that adds some sort of way to compare genomes of 2 bees and just tells me what the differences are, not the whole genome? It's kind of inconvenient to have to keep switching bees in and out of my beealyzer when there's a much simpler solution that simply requires someone doing a little bit of coding to make a GUI that compares NBT data of two similar items.
Honestly, I would even settle for getting the raw NBT data of each chromosome in dot notation.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
On Infinity 1.5.1 I managed to find the most perfect, greatest seed I could hope for (-9118137608465763989; spawn on desert, north of it is a magical forest, west of magical forest is a village).

On one of the generations I made, right next to the village is a big sacred oak tree. I squealed like a little girl and went ahead o make it my base.

On the way I was brutally raped by an Eldritch Guardian that spawns from an obelisk right next to the tree. Problem is: I kill it, he respawns. Even with torches near the obelisk. Is there a way to prevent this? Or break the obelisk?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
...an Eldritch Guardian that spawns from an obelisk right next to the tree. Problem is: I kill it, he respawns. Even with torches near the obelisk. Is there a way to prevent this? Or break the obelisk?
If you box it in, does it stay in the box, or does it de-spawn at some point and re-spawn later? Maybe figure out the spawn radius and just encase the whole thing in a big glass dome?

Or... do they go through walls? I don't think so as I think I saw one stuck inside a tree the other day.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
If you box it in, does it stay in the box, or does it de-spawn at some point and re-spawn later? Maybe figure out the spawn radius and just encase the whole thing in a big glass dome?

Or... do they go through walls? I don't think so as I think I saw one stuck inside a tree the other day.

Boxing the obelisk does not work. His spawning is away from it, in a certain area, but only in one direction (say east, for example).

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Infinity modpack, v1.5.1 - how come when I pick up an IC2 MFSU with a lossless-mode electric wrench, the power stored drops from 40million EU to 32million? I had 5 MFSU's lined up, charging them all. When they were all at 40m EU, completely full, I picked them all up with the electric wrench and now they have 32m EU each. I put one of those down and picked it up, it went from 32m to 25.6m. Why does an MFSU lose 20% of its stored energy when picked up? Is this intended behavior for IC2 or a bug? I don't see any mention in the MFSU wiki page: http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=MFS_Unit

EDIT: NEVER MIND, I found the answer on the MFE page
http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=MFE_Unit

"If the MFE is dismantled with a wrench, it will always drop itself, and will retain 80% of the energy stored inside. (You do not need to enable lossless wrench mode)."

That really sux, but at least I know it isn't a bug. I like moving stuff around constantly! Why penalize us for it?

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Infinity modpack, v1.5.1 - how come when I pick up a MFSU with a lossless-mode electric wrench, the power stored drops from 40million EU to 32million? I had 5 MFSU's lined up, charging them all. When they were all at 40m EU, completely full, I picked them all up with the electric wrench and now they have this much stored: 32,000,440 =-= 32,000,832 =-= 32,000,370 =-= 32,000,929 =-= 32,000,050
Why did they all lose 20%?
I believe that's just an IC2 thing. As a compromise between the old "you move it you lose it" and "everyone's allowing us to move batteries now", there's a small penalty when you move one.

The lossless mode is (or was) intended to make it impossible to "break" a machine when you wanted to pick it up (which used to happen occassionally)

Reactions: rhn and Padfoote
Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to convert MFR mob essence into OpenBlocks liquid xp? (Issue: I have 64 buckets worth of mob essence, and need xp levels for enchantments).

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
How do I learn Bottled Taint? Is it unlocked by scanning something? I have Entropic Processing, but Bottled Taint is not visible.

Also, I am trying to make taint. I can't find any, so I broke a couple of energised nodes. I now have puddles of taint all over, will it taint a nearby node? I also have cows and chickens standing in taint but nothing's happening, can I taint creatures somehow so I can farm them for tainted goo?

I suppose I could also use a cauldron to make taint, would that be better?

*Ah*, it's ok, I have captured a tainted slime and am cloning it in my mob farm. Taint for days!

I still need to learn bottling though - any suggestions how I unlock it?

Last edited:

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
That would be Flux, not taint. (At least not in MY depraved mind.) However, leave lots of Flux lying around without any means of cleaning it up, and there's a small chance to grow a Tainted Lands biome.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
That would be Flux, not taint. (At least not in MY depraved mind.) However, leave lots of Flux lying around without any means of cleaning it up, and there's a small chance to grow a Tainted Lands biome.
As long as the config options for that are not disabled. FTB packs have at least in the past had a tendency to always have flux/cauldron/infusion misshaps->Taint turned off by default.

Reactions: Padfoote

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Any one have any idea why a pressure chamber for pnumaticraft would just stop locked at 0.8 pressure? I can't even blow it up lol much less make anything

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Ironically enough, I'm playing with Pneumaticcraft right now and my pressure chamber is fine. Maybe update?