Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

JarinArenos

Jul 29, 2019
Sky colour doesnt seem to change, but biome says eerie. Thanks!
So the wiki says i could simply punch it to destroy the node. Am I supposed to see it at the top or will I need to dig?
It's typically a pillar or other visible structure on the surface, or in the center of one of those hill dungeons. I've never seen one by itself, but if you don't see anything obvious on the surface, hit the very center of the eerie area and start digging. It's not chunk-based, it's radius around the node, so you should know its exact NSEW position by standing in the center.

ThTs

Jul 29, 2019
I found one node and destroyed it. It was barely visible and hovering in mid air. Will the biome now revert back?

JarinArenos

Jul 29, 2019
Nope! But it won't spread any further. You may be able to change it with thaumcraft research (the pure flower, or something). Alternately, there's a magic rainbow tree thing in Twilight Forest that will change the surrounding biome to magic forest.

macks2008

Jul 29, 2019
Nope! But it won't spread any further. You may be able to change it with thaumcraft research (the pure flower, or something). Alternately, there's a magic rainbow tree thing in Twilight Forest that will change the surrounding biome to magic forest.
Wouldn't a Silverwood tree and/or a pure node do the trick?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
On Infinity 1.5.1, is it possible to, using kinesis pipes connecting a BC Laser to an energy source (say an engine), to use gates (and which kind?) in a way so that they only draw power when the assembly table has work to do? Because constantly draining power and slacking is kind of annoying... Thanks

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
On Infinity 1.5.1, is it possible to, using kinesis pipes connecting a BC Laser to an energy source (say an engine), to use gates (and which kind?) in a way so that they only draw power when the assembly table has work to do? Because constantly draining power and slacking is kind of annoying... Thanks
I would personally power the Lasers from an Energy cell or something and then turn that on/off with gates triggering on the Assembly table(Has work).

Basically just run any pipe(Structure pipe will do) from the assembly table to the power source. Apply Iron Gates to the pipe next to the Assembly table and power source. Apply Red Pipe wire to the length of the pipe. Set gates to: Has work->Red pipe signal and Red pipe signal->Redstone signal (or if you need the redstone signal inverted No Red pipe signal->Redstone signal)

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I would personally power the Lasers from an Energy cell or something and then turn that on/off with gates triggering on the Assembly table(Has work).

That was one of the solutions I found, yes. But I was wondering if there is a way that only uses BC stuff.

The mod was made so that you can't leave machinery unattended, under penalty of having your energy wasted. So I thought there would be a way in the mod itself to address this. Is there?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
That was one of the solutions I found, yes. But I was wondering if there is a way that only uses BC stuff.

The mod was made so that you can't leave machinery unattended, under penalty of having your energy wasted. So I thought there would be a way in the mod itself to address this. Is there?
Check edit.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Check edit.
Ok, with redstone signal it all works well, but a gate on a wooden or emerald kinesis pipe cannot block the energy with the open/closed options. If the wooden/emerald have anything on the internal storage they just throw it all as soon as there is a receptacle. Weren't they supposed to be managed with redstone signal/engine?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
but a gate on a wooden or emerald kinesis pipe cannot block the energy with the open/closed options. If the wooden/emerald have anything on the internal storage they just throw it all as soon as there is a receptacle. Weren't they supposed to be managed with redstone signal/engine?
No idea what this means sorry. Not sure if this is some new 1.7 feature that have come with the RF change or something you are referring to.

The way BC have always worked, is that you turn power on and off at the source depending on the power needs of the consumers. This is what the Gates are designed for.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
crafting requests can not be propagated through the storagebus-interface connection

only items will be visible-one way
Thanks for the info, I'll stop troubleshooting it!
crafting requests can not be propagated through the storagebus-interface connection

only items will be visible-one way

Thank you Phil & Ratchet I have 6 assemblers setup so I don't actually need any more at the moment I was just looking for a OTT exploit to see if it worked - now I know it doesn't!

I might look into your idea Phil - I just had a thought that the setup could solve the issue of accessing, and possibly the crafting/keep item interface problem. If one subnet only has access to the completed components it requires and can't craft them would it have to use the item from the interface. I am still theorising - if the storage bus, somehow, from one subnet accessed the interface of the lower crafting subnet.

I think I will have to visit my creative world and work through this one

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Sky colour doesnt seem to change, but biome says eerie. Thanks!
So the wiki says i could simply punch it to destroy the node. Am I supposed to see it at the top or will I need to dig?
Do you have a Thaumometer?

buncheesy

Jul 29, 2019
On FTB Infinity what's the crafting table that can be autofilled from your inventory to a recipe loaded on the table? Or if its just a standard table what key do I press? I see it all the time on youtube LPs but cant find it in NEI - I am sure have overlooked something simple. I know redpower used to have something?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
On FTB Infinity what's the crafting table that can be autofilled from your inventory to a recipe loaded on the table? Or if its just a standard table what key do I press? I see it all the time on youtube LPs but cant find it in NEI - I am sure have overlooked something simple. I know redpower used to have something?
It is just the standard Crafting table. You look up a crafting recipe in NEI and then shift+click the little "?" in the Crafting table GUI to auto fill the table with items from inventory.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
This handles one-way, but I can't seem to handle two-way item management; i.e. removing excess or unwanted items.
The most compact way to do that is probably to use two pairs of Translocators. Place your chest and ME Interface diagonally adjacent to each other, then stick a translocator on each face of each that's close to the other block. Put a diamond nugget on both translocators on the chest, and configure them to regulate the same number of the same types of items. Set one translocator pair to pull items from the Interface and put them in the chest, and set the other to do the opposite.

When there are too few items in the chest, the first pair will pull items out of the interface until there's the right number. If there's too many, the other pair of translocators will pull out the excess items and dump them into the Interface.

If your "chest" is a machine with only one input face, your only option may be to use a subnetwork. Place a Storage bus on the side of the machine that you want to push and pull from, connect it to an Import Bus and an Export bus that are both pointed at an ME Interface on your main network, then place a Level Emitter on the subnet pointing at each of the import/export buses. Configure everything such that when there are too few items in the subnet, the import bus will kick on, pull some items from the Interface and shove them into the machine via the storage bus, then turn off; and when there are too many items, the export bus will turn on, pull some items out of the machine via the storage bus and dump them back into the Interface.

Much less compact, but it only uses one face on the target machine and doesn't rely on another mod.

Reactions: JarinArenos

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone knows any thing derpy happening with MFR? Because it crashes on me, and by reading the logs it's something related to the Fertile Soil.

Modpack used is custom built.

Attachments

• crash-2015-05-22_17.05.11-client.txt
    18.3 KB · Views: 65