Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Note that i'm not saying Ender IO doesn't add some cool stuff, but that alone isn't enough for me to want to add it to a themed pack where the bulk of it would clash with other things in the pack.
It is this aspect of the mod which I dislike about the mod most. I say this everywhere, but it is the most original mod ever... in the sense that it takes stuff from other mods, and changes how they are done?
MFR -> EnderIO = Grinder -> Killer Joe, Harvester/Planter -> Farm Station (I think it's called), Auto-spawner -> Powered Spawner
Thermal Expansion (and other tech mods) -> EnderIO = Furance -> Alloy Smelter, Induction Smelter -> Alloy Smelter, Pulverizer -> SAG Mill
Carpenters Blocks -> EnderIO = Making blocks give light -> Painting machine
<mod that adds pipes> -> EnderIO = <pipes that cannot all exist in one block> -> <conduits which can all exist in one slot>
etc. etc.
Almost everything in EnderIO can be compared to another mod, but with just a few slight differences.

But most other major mods do at least SOMETHING that nothing else does. Thermal Expansion? Machine Augments. Thermal Dynamics? the cap thingy (I don't know the name, I don't use this mod... servo, I think) I use those mods, as they are the first thing that came to mind when it came to mods that are similar to other mods.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
There are really only so many different ways you can riff on the concept of material processing and transport.

Mods that came earlier invented the furnace before enderIO? *SHOCKING*

...and they nicked the idea from vanilla anyway :p

The main reason I use EIO is simply for the cable bundling. You might think having an intricately interwoven tangle of cables in your base adds flavour or "challenge", but to me it just looks awful. It would be like my PC/projector setup in my office at work just having the HDMI, usb and audio leads crazily dangled all over the place rather than neatly hidden behind some nice trunking.

#neatfreak #tidynazi

Reactions: JunpakuKarasu

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
How do you stop slimes spawning in Infinity? Magnum Torches don't work and my super-high tech reactor room is kinda being spoiled with slimes jumping everywhere.

2015-04-14_20.44.18.png

/rant on

I f'ing hate vanilla mob spawning mechanics

/rant off

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
How do you stop slimes spawning in Infinity? Magnum Torches don't work and my super-high tech reactor room is kinda being spoiled with slimes jumping everywhere.

View attachment 17858

/rant on

I f'ing hate vanilla mob spawning mechanics

/rant off
Ghosts of your reactor technicians that died horribly in that reactor vent accident...

Maybe you could hide some Grinders or something to take care of them :p

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
This reminds me: Is there anyway to fix the issue where blue slimes spawn everywhere, including the Nether (rare but I have seen it happen in front of me) and the Twilight Forest (where they are overwhelming)?

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Ghosts of your reactor technicians that died horribly in that reactor vent accident...

Maybe you could hide some Grinders or something to take care of them :p

Haha I quite like that, will definitely go into my world story!

Any grinder that does a whole chunk? Or a way to reset the slime chunks? Or stop them bloody spawning? Or remove them from the game and shove them up Notch's ar.........

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Haha I quite like that, will definitely go into my world story!

Any grinder that does a whole chunk? Or a way to reset the slime chunks? Or stop them bloody spawning? Or remove them from the game and shove them up Notch's ar.........
I have not used them since TC3, but TC golems with the attack core can be set to patrol now can't then? Or perhaps just use multiple of them and RP them as robotic reactor workers.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
could you slab the area? Or maybe use the Botania Slime flower? The flower kills the things w/o leaving any slimeballs.

Will check the range on the flower, thanks!

I have not used them since TC3, but TC golems with the attack core can be set to patrol now can't then? Or perhaps just use multiple of them and RP them as robotic reactor workers.

I'll give the flower a go and if that fails a golem will work

Daniel_USA

Jul 29, 2019
[FTB Infinity User] I want to paint Diorite green (As well as other blocks). What mods/blocks will allow me to do it. Please provide as many as possible.

NOCK

Jul 29, 2019
I updated my server to 1.4.1 from 1.3.4 but its been lagging and causing crashes after a few mins. Will it eventually subside or is 1.4.1 considerably more intensive? Chicken Jockey on Creeperhost

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
[FTB Infinity User] I want to paint Diorite green (As well as other blocks). What mods/blocks will allow me to do it. Please provide as many as possible.
OpenBlocks lets you paint most blocks with its paintbrush though I'm not 100% sure if it works on Diorite because I haven't tried it yet.
And that's all I can remember atm. I was going to suggest the Applied Energistics color applicator but that only works on vanilla colorable blocks (clay, glass, and wool) and it's quite a bit more expensive as well.

Gotolei

Jul 29, 2019
Taking that back. Even after generating an obscene amount of terrain (~1500 blocks away from the origin in every direction), the eyes of ender still focus on the one stronghold.

Previously found stronghold is red waypoint, origin is labeled.
https://i.imgur.com/LPaxRFk.png

Am I just SOL at this point? I don't feel like quarrying dozens of chunks just to find the blasted things, and I'm guessing Amidst etc aren't accurate when it comes to ftb.

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
Taking that back. Even after generating an obscene amount of terrain (~1500 blocks away from the origin in every direction), the eyes of ender still focus on the one stronghold.

Previously found stronghold is red waypoint, origin is labeled.
https://i.imgur.com/LPaxRFk.png

Am I just SOL at this point? I don't feel like quarrying dozens of chunks just to find the blasted things, and I'm guessing Amidst etc aren't accurate when it comes to ftb.
Can't you find them mathematically? If I remember correctly, they are all three spawned at 120° angles from each other. If you give me just a second, I'll break out my paper and pencil and find the theoretical coords of another.

Edit: Who said vectors weren't useful?
There should be a stronghold below (694.846, 0.4891). You should probably round both of those up and dig there.

Edit²: the second number should be negative, I think, but it literally makes a block difference.

Last edited: