Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Probably the Draconic Staff of Power. If you don't want to put yourself at as much risk of blowing up your entire base, use the Draconic Sword.

The sword deals ~19 damage to EVERYTHING within several blocks of whatever you hit, and another 10? damage to the mob you directly hit if it has high enough health. Then, if you put the Vampirism enchant from Thaumic Tinkerer on it, it heals you for EACH mob it his. One swing in a swarm of zombies can instantly refill your entire health bar.

I shall make one immediately

A_Hairy_Potatoe

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I'm having problems figuring out this concept. I have a frame quarry setup, and I have a emerald barrel fully upgraded with cobblestone stored in it and I hit the limit of cobblestone. So, I made a trash can with an Export Bus to dump the cobble from the frame quarry but the thing is I have a storage bus setup with the cobble stone barrel and the export bus is draining the cobble from the barrel and trashing it is there a way I can still have access to my cobble and dump the frame quarry cobble into the trash without it effecting the barrel ?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Hey I'm having problems figuring out this concept. I have a frame quarry setup, and I have a emerald barrel fully upgraded with cobblestone stored in it and I hit the limit of cobblestone. So, I made a trash can with an Export Bus to dump the cobble from the frame quarry but the thing is I have a storage bus setup with the cobble stone barrel and the export bus is draining the cobble from the barrel and trashing it is there a way I can still have access to my cobble and dump the frame quarry cobble into the trash without it effecting the barrel ?

I have not yet used ae2 so my solution may not work use at your own risk.
use 2 storage buses 1 on the barrel and 1 on the trashcan.
set the 1 on the trashcan to only allow to store cobble.
then play a bit with the priority of the drives until it first tries to put it inside the barrel and then in the trash can if its full

Reactions: pizzawolf14

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019

An export bus will pump out everything in your system. As above set a Storage Bus on your barrel with a higher priority(higher number) and then another storage bus on the trash can with a FILTER and a lower priority, will then fill the barrel first and dump the rest.

A_Hairy_Potatoe

Jul 29, 2019
I have not yet used ae2 so my solution may not work use at your own risk.
use 2 storage buses 1 on the barrel and 1 on the trashcan.
set the 1 on the trashcan to only allow to store cobble.
then play a bit with the priority of the drives until it first tries to put it inside the barrel and then in the trash can if its full
Thank you so much it works ! <3

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you so much it works ! <3

On a side issue to your question - have you considered using a ME condenser, if you want to get a singularity or two down the track it is much better to start when your don't need them and the condenser could be used to make matter balls or as a trash can

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Does anyone know what the deal is with Archivists these days? Do they only give Sealed Boosters for 10 emeralds now? You can still trade with them for various Link Panels, if you use a Trading Post.

Jul 29, 2019
Using logistics pipes and BC auto-crafting tables, can I auto-craft tools in the same way that I craft normal items?
If not, how can I auto-craft tools? (preferably with above mentioned mods)

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Using logistics pipes and BC auto-crafting tables, can I auto-craft tools in the same way that I craft normal items?
If not, how can I auto-craft tools? (preferably with above mentioned mods)
You should be able to (if you are referring to BC Factory Auto Workbench). The down side is that you need 1 per step, so if you making stone axes, wood block > planks, planks > sticks, Sticks and stone > axes.

I am not sure but you may also need to insert to the top and extract from the bottom.

I just made this to test it - it makes axes, wood blocks in the top left chest and stone in the top right, axes fill the bottom chest.

upload_2015-4-17_10-17-37.png

Reactions: MrZwij

A_Hairy_Potatoe

Jul 29, 2019
On a side issue to your question - have you considered using a ME condenser, if you want to get a singularity or two down the track it is much better to start when your don't need them and the condenser could be used to make matter balls or as a trash can
Yeah I'll probably do that =)

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Hello everyone =) I have found something, I don't know if it's a bug or not but It's kinda in the way, hopefully you would be able to assist me with it =) Here it is.
https://imgur.com/a/ImMoR
For the second inscriber, you need to insert the inscribed silicon thingy into the bottom, and the inscribed gold ingot/quartz crystal/diamond into the top. It looks like your silicon thing is landing in the top slot, which won't work. Put the actual export bus that's feeding those in on the bottom of the inscriber block.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
You should be able to (if you are referring to BC Factory Auto Workbench). The down side is that you need 1 per step, so if you making stone axes, wood block > planks, planks > sticks, Sticks and stone > axes.

I am not sure but you may also need to insert to the top and extract from the bottom.

I just made this to test it - it makes axes, wood blocks in the top left chest and stone in the top right, axes fill the bottom chest.
If you are staying with using this structure, know that the crafting pipe simply waits for the end result to appear in the inventory it's attached to, so you can attach it to a chest, and ensure the end result ends up in the pipe-attached chest.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Hello everyone =) I have found something, I don't know if it's a bug or not but It's kinda in the way, hopefully you would be able to assist me with it =) Here it is.
https://imgur.com/a/ImMoR
AE will only use a single interface recipe per craft

It's simpler to replace the top interface (with the printed silicon) with an export bus exporting printed silicon with a crafting card

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I got involved in a conversation here regarding mods that are complicated for the sole purpose of being time consuming, sparsely documented un-fathomably complicated..... then I got involved with Genetics mod. I have just spent 4 hours and have achieved nothing. Well I have just discovered that the Polymeriser that I have been trying to pump bacteria into actually uses a second type of bacteria called polymeriser bacteria...don't know how I did not know that... it was obvious. But I also discovered that there is another bacteria called bacteria vector, which I can't have discovered a machine for yet.

If there ever was a mod that was designed to force people to cheat items into the game this is it. Mods IMHO should be able to be worked out in-game - you should not need to spend hours on the internet researching how to use a mod, maybe a mod should have harder stuff that if you work them out or research on the internet make using the mod faster or better - but the entire process of genetics needs the internet research - and I have used inoculator etc to breed bees in 1.6.4, that was too much time and effort and this is 50x worse.

Any before Jordsta points out that I said that bagging (putting down, disparaging, piling crap on) a mod only encourages people to defend it ... I know but 4 wasted hours ... and besides I really believe this mod to be un-defendable.

If only EnderIO had a method of breeding bees !!!! :oops:

My simple questions - anyone want to try? (to defend it) and just incase I am entirely wrong - has anyone worked out the mod without help from the internet?

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone help me figure out what's wrong? http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/ea2ac1d4 Here's what I did to get this. First of all, I was scrolling though NEI subsets, kicked me for something to do with fluids, went back on the world and crash. Here's the link to the log http://paste.ubuntu.com/10839057/ , I wish I could get this on FTBPaste, but when I tried it said "Bad gate-way". I hope no one has to go through that mess of a log. over 12k kbs. Also, esprenet is still acting up for me, would go there in a heart beat if I could.

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
How good laptop I need, when I want to play direwolf20 modpack with normal setings?
Thank you! :)
Your going to need a Desktop. But if you dont care about video settings. Most NEW laptops can play with minimal video settings and Fast Craft.