Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hey guys, I'm trying to set up a sort of early-mid game IC2 Experimental System for Machines and so forth, at the moment I am using water mills for power which then transport into tin cables up to the top of the water mill tower, I have then connected them to gold cables which go into an MFE Unit, after that I have HV Cables connecting out to four bat boxes which make up a sort of powered floor I've got going on. What I'm confused about is whether I have this system right and what cables I should be using where. I'm not really understanding the information on the cables, below is a picture which may help.

http://i.imgur.com/9symGde.png

Have I got this right or should I be using different types of cables in different places? :)

To get high voltage power into your batboxes?
You'd want:
  • HV Cables
  • Goes into HV Transformer (Transforming down to MV)
  • Goes into MV Transformer (Transforming down to LV)
  • Goes into Batbox(es)
Actually I would not bother with the Batboxes. There is really no need for them except taking up more processing resources.

Now I dont know if you are using 1.6 or 1.7, but I am going to assume 1.6 (or that this have not changed to the 1.7 version):

I would do it this way:
Code:
MFE(s) -> HV Cable(2048Eu/t) -> HV consumers
           |
            -> MV transformer(512->128) -> Copper Cable(128EU/t) -> MV consumers
                                             |
                                              -> LV Transformer(128->32) -> Tin cable -> LV consumers
Now note that the transformers restrict throughput to the lower "amperage"(the EU/t). This is what they do, they actually have nothing to do with Voltage any more, they simply restrict bandwith to smaller packets. So have multiple branches where needed.

You could use Gold cable in stead of HV cable if you have only 1 MFE, but if you have multiple you need HV cable. And HV cable is cheaper anyway...

Here is an example of how I used this in my early days IC2/GT setup:
l9ov4Gi.png

Last edited:

cris.p.33

Jul 29, 2019
How can I disable the magical forest and taint biomes? Changing the spawn weight to 0 doesn't disable them and seems to make my worlds just be all magical forest and beach.

edit: I'm also using BoP and ATG.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
How can I disable the magical forest and taint biomes? Changing the spawn weight to 0 doesn't disable them and seems to make my worlds just be all magical forest and beach.

edit: I'm also using BoP and ATG.
Taint:
From the Thaumcraft.cfg:
# The chance per chunk (1 in n) of a Taint biome spawning during world gen. Setting it to 0 prevents the spawning of Taint biomes.
I:biome_taint_chance=20000
(Yes I don't like taint :p)

Bear in mind that if you remove taint completely you might have a hard time advancing in Thaumcraft. Same with Magical forests. So therefore I suggest just setting this number to something high like I did. So far I have explored a LOT and only found one taint infestion.

(btw taint is not like other biomes. It is spawned after the actual world gen and "takes over" an already existing biome).

Last edited:

Daniel_USA

Jul 29, 2019
Anything similar to TNT? I want to explode all these Mountains/Cliffs near my spawn. (Honestly I just want to level them to around y:65)

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
you don't need 4, you only need 3 to descibe a square.

For quarries this will empty out the square you mark out and everything up to 4 blocks above it.

For fillers i'm not sure, but i think it just goes down.

Daniel_USA

Jul 29, 2019
I don't want it to go down. I want it to delete everything from z:65 to z:170.

To do this I frame a square then set it's height? with landmarks

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4 landmarks in a square or 8 in a cube?

Sorry never used this block before.
Four landmarks at four corners of a cube. Place one down at the corner nearest to where you'll want to place your Filler block, then place another due north/south, east/west, and up/down from it. Then, right-click the first one you placed, and it should show a red box where the filler will operate.

Also note that you can give a landmark a redstone signal, and it will create a blue laser beam in each of the cardinal directions, which helps when placing the other ones.

You also don't always need the up/down landmark; it depends on which mode you're using with the Filler. Flatten, for instance, only needs a square, while Clear and Fill work better with a box.

One final note: The Filler likes to destroy any blocks it mines. You'll probably want to follow it closely and mine out any ores it exposes.

Daniel_USA

Jul 29, 2019
I don't need the ores at this points I just want to flatten the area. So I set my cube with landmarks and use the clear setting and it will do what I want right?

Simba_VI

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how people are duping the creative strongbox in on my Ftbinfinity server its not the disarm Ars magica as infinity does not have AM2

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
If you just want to flatten an area, you're probably better off with the Flatten setting, which as I mentioned, only requires a square (or rectangle) and three landmarks. This setting will destroy blocks above the level of the Filler as well as fill the area below it with whatever blocks you supply it. It also may not at all if you don't supply any blocks, so give it a few stacks of cobble, at least.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Anything special I need to use for the filler? Is it like a quarry?

I confirm the previous about marking the area - place 1 marker at a corner, add a lever and turn on, go to the 2 corners along the lines that show up, and place markers at each, place the filler at the original corner, put glass in all grid places (not inventory - leave empty) and then add power.

All blocks are eliminated, deleted from the world with no processing required

Edit - I missed Someone Else's response but obviously agree with everything in that post being correct

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone know of a mod similar to MCEdit that works ingame and is compatible with other mods?
I want to move some builds around in my test world and using MCEdit is kind of annoying when you're using mods, as most mod blocks don't properly show.
the closest one I've found is Schematica, but that doesn't allow me to actually import the builds into the world, it only creates a ghost image.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone know of a mod similar to MCEdit that works ingame and is compatible with other mods?
I want to move some builds around in my test world and using MCEdit is kind of annoying when you're using mods, as most mod blocks don't properly show.
the closest one I've found is Schematica, but that doesn't allow me to actually import the builds into the world, it only creates a ghost image.
something like this?

Reactions: Yusunoha

legionite626

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure this question has been asked before and I've been searching for an answer on the forums and the wiki but I am having trouble with cursed earth. I planted the cursed earth in a 5x5 room with red x's from f7 all over but nothing is spawning. I have been standing next to it for 5 minutes now and no results. Any ideas?