Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure this question has been asked before and I've been searching for an answer on the forums and the wiki but I am having trouble with cursed earth. I planted the cursed earth in a 5x5 room with red x's from f7 all over but nothing is spawning. I have been standing next to it for 5 minutes now and no results. Any ideas?
Do mobs spawn in an orchard biome? Cursed earth only spawns things that would normally spawn in that biome

legionite626

Jul 29, 2019
Around my base I usually get mobs spawning at night and its everything from zombies to concussion creepers. It is an interesting point though. I'll try it in another biome. Thanks

Edit: Thanks KhrFreak, it fixed the problem. Moved it to a desert biome and got everything. Inconvenient since I can't have it close by but itll do for now. Thanks for the help

Last edited:

legionite626

Jul 29, 2019
Does cursed earth have a problem with chiseled blocks? I moved the mob spawner to a desert biome underground and it started working. Once I turned it off to add toggable lamps and surround it with chiseled blocks nothing will spawn. I'm not sure why this is happening.

Edit: Fixed the problem. The project red inverted lamps were the issue for some reason.

Last edited:

Bmanol12

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, this will now be my second time trying to get an issue resolved. I have put countless hours into my Direwolf 20 world, no cheats, just plain survival. I was trying out the twilight forest mod, and went through the portal. I spawned in a hollow hill that I had not progressed to yet.(acid rain hits me causing 0 damage and I can't break blocks. To try to and fix this I went into the twilight forest with TNT and tried to blow the portal up, kill myself, therefore hopefully causing a new portal to spawn. I blew up the portal but now I spawn in the hollow hill with nothing and can't get to the surface. Please help, I'm not against cheating my way out I just don't know how. THANK YOU :)

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, this will now be my second time trying to get an issue resolved. I have put countless hours into my Direwolf 20 world, no cheats, just plain survival. I was trying out the twilight forest mod, and went through the portal. I spawned in a hollow hill that I had not progressed to yet.(acid rain hits me causing 0 damage and I can't break blocks. To try to and fix this I went into the twilight forest with TNT and tried to blow the portal up, kill myself, therefore hopefully causing a new portal to spawn. I blew up the portal but now I spawn in the hollow hill with nothing and can't get to the surface. Please help, I'm not against cheating my way out I just don't know how. THANK YOU :)

Go into your Twilight Forest configs and turn EnforcedProgression to false.

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any blocks that do the same thing as a tesseract? I want to set up a quarry some distance away so that it does ruin the landscape, but have no ender pearls and am struggling to get any (Its too early on to build a enderman farm).

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Are there any blocks that do the same thing as a tesseract? I want to set up a quarry some distance away so that it does ruin the landscape, but have no ender pearls and am struggling to get any (Its too early on to build a enderman farm).
EnderIO Dimensional Transceiver, Ender Chest, Ender Tank etc. But pretty much all mods agree that anything that has to do with teleportation requires Ender Pearls in some form.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
You can kill the teleport creeper I think it is to get ender pearl shards that make ender pearls

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
You could also try the magic mirrors from thaumcraft, or the flower from Botania that teleports items dropped near it to another location (spectro-somthing i think)

Jul 29, 2019
Can something cause TiCo slime trees to explode? Because occasionally I hear the explosion sound, and the only damage I can find is to the slime tree(s) that I have planted (on dirt). It is not a creeper because I am on peaceful mode.

EDIT: Seems like the explosions are in fact not the trees, though they appear to be more frequent during the night. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
here's a dumb question, is there anything special you need to do to be able to autocraft seeds in AE2?
I'm trying out a test build in my creative world but for some reason the system refuses to craft the seeds...

NiHWsBN.png

it has the required items, I can manually craft the seeds through the crafting terminal, but the system refuses to autocraft them themselves.
did I perhaps mess up the MAC's?

kofgqfG.png

Vd6HOEn.png