Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
W

Wolfcraftian

Didn't open blocks or something add a "feature" detector? That was a compass for spawners or something.

And Dimensional Transceivers can replace ender tanks? Can they or something else replace the functionally of ender bags/chests, including the long range requesting using logistic pipes.

MKilljoy

Jul 29, 2019
We have started a 1.7.10 Infinity pack with no alterations. I was very eager to try out the Agricraft mod in place of Magic Crops. After playing with it a while, I found that by default, the Infinity pack has Resource capabilities for Agricraft disabled. After editing the config to enable them, when trying to log in, I get an error saying 'Fatal missing' something or other.

Am I correct in assuming that it is because I do not have any resource seeds etc defined? And if so, how exactly do I do it (following the config instructions is a little confusing), and how many do I have to define if they are enabled?
Basicly, what do I have to do to have resource crops enabled on an existing 1.7.10 Infinity 1.3.4 pack?

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
you should be able to set that config line to true and be good to go, but without telling us what the fatal missing line is we can't help you

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
here's a dumb question, is there anything special you need to do to be able to autocraft seeds in AE2?
I'm trying out a test build in my creative world but for some reason the system refuses to craft the seeds...

NiHWsBN.png

it has the required items, I can manually craft the seeds through the crafting terminal, but the system refuses to autocraft them themselves.
did I perhaps mess up the MAC's?

kofgqfG.png

Vd6HOEn.png
How are your molecular assemblers set up? It looks like the cube you have is probably using much more than eight channels, which could explain why it's not working. Note that only the Interfaces use channels- the Assemblers themselves don't. But since you seem to have twelve separate Assemblers there, that means four don't have a channel- and it's not necessarily easy to tell which.

Also, what's the block attaching the cable in your second screenshot to the cube of Assemblers and Interfaces? If it's a P2P tunnel that you're trying to use to transfer those twelve channels back to your Controller, that won't work, since the choke point is the Interface that the tunnel is attached to.

Reactions: Yusunoha

MKilljoy

Jul 29, 2019
We have started a 1.7.10 Infinity pack with no alterations. I was very eager to try out the Agricraft mod in place of Magic Crops. After playing with it a while, I found that by default, the Infinity pack has Resource capabilities for Agricraft disabled. After editing the config to enable them, when trying to log in, I get an error saying 'Fatal missing' something or other.

Am I correct in assuming that it is because I do not have any resource seeds etc defined? And if so, how exactly do I do it (following the config instructions is a little confusing), and how many do I have to define if they are enabled?
Basicly, what do I have to do to have resource crops enabled on an existing 1.7.10 Infinity 1.3.4 pack?

you should be able to set that config line to true and be good to go, but without telling us what the fatal missing line is we can't help you

The client reads:
Connection Lost
Fatally missing blocks and items

And on the server side, I see this error:
19.04 22:59:21 [Disconnect] User ******* has disconnected, reason: TextComponent{text='Disconnected', siblings=[], style=Style{hasParent=false, color=null, bold=null, italic=null, underlined=null, obfuscated=null, clickEvent=null, hoverEvent=null}}
19.04 22:59:19 [Server] Netty IO #2/INFO [OpenMods]: openmods.network.IdSyncManager$InboundHandler.userEventTriggered(IdSyncManager.java:50): Sending id data for player: EntityPlayerMP['********'/1476, l='FTBInfinity1.0', x=-307.50, y=91.00, z=1326.50]
19.04 22:59:19 [Server] Netty IO #2/INFO [FML]: Attempting connection with missing mods [act, JourneyMapServer, Morpheus] at CLIENT
19.04 22:59:19 [Server] Netty IO #2/INFO [FML]: Client attempting to join with 160 mods :

If I set the resource crops back to false, I can log in with no problem.

MKilljoy

Jul 29, 2019
Nvm..... Changed the config line on the client side manually and I can now log in correctly.

Can someone direct me to or show an example of how to exactly define or create your own crop?
Specifically, I'd like to make Yellorium crops for BigReactor fuel.
And a way to define how to mutate it from other crops.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Nvm..... Changed the config line on the client side manually and I can now log in correctly.

Can someone direct me to or show an example of how to exactly define or create your own crop?
Specifically, I'd like to make Yellorium crops for BigReactor fuel.
And a way to define how to mutate it from other crops.

See, if you stuck with Magical crops, that has yellorium crops already :)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
How are your molecular assemblers set up? It looks like the cube you have is probably using much more than eight channels, which could explain why it's not working. Note that only the Interfaces use channels- the Assemblers themselves don't. But since you seem to have twelve separate Assemblers there, that means four don't have a channel- and it's not necessarily easy to tell which.

Also, what's the block attaching the cable in your second screenshot to the cube of Assemblers and Interfaces? If it's a P2P tunnel that you're trying to use to transfer those twelve channels back to your Controller, that won't work, since the choke point is the Interface that the tunnel is attached to.

this morning when I woke up I suddendly realized what my problem was... I accidentally left the pattern crafting on the furnace icon (with multiple output) instead of the crafting table icon...
yea, dumb answer to a dumb question _[=]_o

but I didn't realize you'll need more channels for the interfaces on the MAC's, so thank you for pointing that out as I probably wouldn't have figured that out myself.

but while I'm here anyways, I might aswell ask another question related to AE2
what's really the benefit of making multiple multiblocks for the crafting CPU's instead of making one big multiblock?

I know if you use several multiblocks it'll be easier to autocraft several things at the same time, but if you add plenty of co-processors to the giant multiblock shouldn't that be just as fast?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
but while I'm here anyways, I might aswell ask another question related to AE2
what's really the benefit of making multiple multiblocks for the crafting CPU's instead of making one big multiblock?

I know if you use several multiblocks it'll be easier to autocraft several things at the same time, but if you add plenty of co-processors to the giant multiblock shouldn't that be just as fast?
Each crafting CPU can only handle one order at a time, regardless of the number of coprocessors used. So if you have only one CPU and order an ultimate solar panel, you won't be able to autocraft anything else until it finishes- which could be a very long time.

The number of coprocessors in each multiblock determines how many different steps in the crafting process the CPU can carry out at once. For instance, say you ask your network to autocraft something that needs an enderium ingot (which your network produces via the EnderIO alloy smelter) and a pure AE2 crystal of some sort (automated however you like). Both of these steps are very slow, but neither technically has to finish before the other can begin. If whatever CPU you assign to this task doesn't have any coprocessors, it'll dump the TE items into the smelter, wait patiently for the enderium to finish cooking, and only drop the quartz seed into your crystal growing rig when the enderium's done. However, if you have a coprocessor, the CPU will be able to let both time-consuming tasks run at the same time.

Reactions: Yusunoha

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Doesn't that take you to the end portal? I'm talking about those mine-like thing with the corridors (abandoned mines?)
Minimaps with cave modes(Zan's for example) and Nightvision.
Go somewhere you want to investigate. Dig your self straight down into the ground, plug the tunnel above to to trigger the cave mode, turn on Nightvision, zoom minimap all the way out. Result: All caves nearby will show up on your minimap and any abandoned mineshafts are very distinct in their shape.

A_Hairy_Potatoe

Jul 29, 2019
Hello again. I'm having problems figuring out "Thaumcraft" and "Thaumic Energetics".I have 90% of all research done and I want to automate the filling of warded jars with golems, I know you can automate it with the "Infusion Provider" from TE. But I have a setup for warded jars and I want to automate the filling of essentia into the jars preferably with golems. I was wondering if there is a way to extract essentia with golems from the AE system and make the golems fill the warded jars with that essentia? Thank you.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I semi automated by using essentia crystallisers to get individual essences and ME interfaces to keep 64 of each then manually placing them into a chest that takes them to the alchemical furnaces and the golems.

DW20 S7 E64 covered a full automation using wisps, computercraft and I think an aspectalyser and tranvector interface.

A_Hairy_Potatoe

Jul 29, 2019
I semi automated by using essentia crystallisers to get individual essences and ME interfaces to keep 64 of each then manually placing them into a chest that takes them to the alchemical furnaces and the golems.

DW20 S7 E64 covered a full automation using wisps, computercraft and I think an aspectalyser and tranvector interface.
Okay thank you I'll give it a go =)

A_Hairy_Potatoe

Jul 29, 2019
Can I have your specs, it might be your CPU overheating.
Also might be Software error like java. You try doing a startup recovery.

1: Right-click on My Computer.
2: Click the Properties option.
3: In the System Properties window click the Advanced tab.
4: In Advanced click the Settings button under Startup and Recovery.
5: In the Startup and Recovery window uncheck the Automatically restart box.
6: Press Ok.

Now if the computer gets an error it should not automatically restart and should display an error message, most likely a BSoD(Blue Screen of Death).

Hopefully this helps =)

Reactions: Niidikene

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Each crafting CPU can only handle one order at a time, regardless of the number of coprocessors used..

FFS, I've been getting so frustrated with "There are no crafting CPU's Available". Just have a single 3x3x3 multiblock and been wondering why it always takes so bloody long. Oh well, crafting CPU Room time.

Niidikene

Jul 29, 2019
Also might be Software error like java. You try doing a startup recovery.

1: Right-click on My Computer.
2: Click the Properties option.
3: In the System Properties window click the Advanced tab.
4: In Advanced click the Settings button under Startup and Recovery.
5: In the Startup and Recovery window uncheck the Automatically restart box.
6: Press Ok.

Now if the computer gets an error it should not automatically restart and should display an error message, most likely a BSoD(Blue Screen of Death).

Hopefully this helps =)

Thank you =)
I did it :)
I hope it works....

My laptop:
Processor: AMD A10-4600M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
Video card: AMD Radeon(TM) HD 7660G + 7600M Dual Graphics
The hard drive: TOSHIBA MK5055GSX
RAM: 8 GB