Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Can't you find them mathematically? If I remember correctly, they are all three spawned at 120° angles from each other. If you give me just a second, I'll break out my paper and pencil and find the theoretical coords of another.

Edit: Who said vectors weren't useful?
There should be a stronghold below (694.846, 0.4891). You should probably round both of those up and dig there.

Edit²: the second number should be negative, I think, but it literally makes a block difference.

I have an end portal but am interested in this knowledge for future reference, I had an idea there where 3 end portal but the 120° is knew - and a question, I know that with 2 points I could work out the 3 but how do you work out in which directions 2 arms go? Are you saying that they surround 0,0?

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
I have an end portal but am interested in this knowledge for future reference, I had an idea there where 3 end portal but the 120° is knew - and a question, I know that with 2 points I could work out the 3 but how do you work out in which directions 2 arms go? Are you saying that they surround 0,0?
Just checked, MC wiki said that they are roughly equidistant from the origin, and about 120° from each other. Using reference angles and magnitude of vectors, you can approximate the location of the stronghold. I've only actually used this in-world once and it worked, but that could have easily been a fluke. I'm honestly very curious to see if this works for Gotolei.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Just checked, MC wiki said that they are roughly equidistant from the origin, and about 120° from each other. Using reference angles and magnitude of vectors, you can approximate the location of the stronghold. I've only actually used this in-world once and it worked, but that could have easily been a fluke. I'm honestly very curious to see if this works for Gotolei.
Ah, well that could be difficult, If "from the origin" means from spawn, not impossible, break your bed and then die I think would work or create a new world from seed and note the spawn point. I will have a look in the next few days and see if it works. Thanks

Gotolei

Jul 29, 2019
Loading it up now. I read mcwiki beforehand and was aware of the 120° thing, but also that even within the angles there's a ~500block range that they could appear in. But if it's true that they all spawn the same distance away, then that definitely makes things easier.

E: https://i.imgur.com/7aItM5Y.png no such luck. Though I'll try just tunneling to X+, see if I find something.

Last edited:

Gotolei

Jul 29, 2019
Dug all the way to x1200, didn't find anything (not along y15 anyways, do they spawn higher?) Thrown eyes of ender still focus on the first stronghold.

How do I find out the internal name of a block? I want to add the Steve's Factory Manager blocks to the Portable Hole blacklist.
F3+H if you mean stuff like "minecraft:stone"

Reactions: PhilHibbs

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ah, well that could be difficult, If "from the origin" means from spawn, not impossible, break your bed and then die I think would work or create a new world from seed and note the spawn point. I will have a look in the next few days and see if it works. Thanks
Would be easier to just see where the Spawn chunks are. If you have ChickenChunks installed just type /chunkloaders and look for a large red square. That is the spawnchunks(a "semi chunkloaded" area around the spawn).

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
What's up with Mystcraft Collation Folders? They seem to have replaced the Notebooks, and can only hold 16 symbols, which is way less convenient.

So, Filing Cabinets are the way to store pages, but what's the best way to marshall a set of pages to make a book?

Last edited:

Niidikene

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! :)
I would like to know how many GB RAM should I allow the FTB settings on my laptop if I have 8 GB of RAM?
Thank you! :)

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Ok, so I've added all the SFM blocks to the Portable Hole blacklist, but one of them isn't working. StevesFactoryManager:BlockCableName, the basic Inventory Cable, doesn't seem to work in the blacklist. The block ID (#2212) in WAILA seems to match the item, but the Portable Hole goes right through it. Any suggestions? The blacklist by ID worked in MC 1.6.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I've added all the SFM blocks to the Portable Hole blacklist, but one of them isn't working. StevesFactoryManager:BlockCableName, the basic Inventory Cable, doesn't seem to work in the blacklist. The block ID (#2212) in WAILA seems to match the item, but the Portable Hole goes right through it. Any suggestions? The blacklist by ID worked in MC 1.6.
Plop minetweaker in the mods folder, if it isn't there already, hold the cable in your hand, and do "/mt hand" that will tell you what you need to add.
It may be that you are missing something like NBT data, but who knows with minecraft?

Reactions: PhilHibbs

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Plop minetweaker in the mods folder, if it isn't there already, hold the cable in your hand, and do "/mt hand" that will tell you what you need to add.
It may be that you are missing something like NBT data, but who knows with minecraft?
No luck, that just said "<StevesFactoryManager:BlockCableName> x 1" and then crashed the game. Apparently I was ticking!

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Highest damage sword in Infinity? Dropped my Iguana Tweaks sword somewhere and not levelling up another one... Go!
Probably the Draconic Staff of Power. If you don't want to put yourself at as much risk of blowing up your entire base, use the Draconic Sword.

The sword deals ~19 damage to EVERYTHING within several blocks of whatever you hit, and another 10? damage to the mob you directly hit if it has high enough health. Then, if you put the Vampirism enchant from Thaumic Tinkerer on it, it heals you for EACH mob it his. One swing in a swarm of zombies can instantly refill your entire health bar.

Gotolei

Jul 29, 2019
Experimenting around, seeing what can be done. Is there a way to get MFR RedNet and P:R Bundled Cable to communicate channels properly?

https://i.imgur.com/2VmOTcU.png

Screenshot makes it look like RedNet's side is only listening on the white channel, but the wrench doesn't seem to be behaving normally there.

And while I'm at it, how does EnderIO's channel system act re: cross-mod compatibility?

turns out there was an end portal in the first one. the fortress only generated the rooms themselves, but not the tunnels between them..?
still no luck on the other two

Last edited:
Reactions: pizzawolf14

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Experimenting around, seeing what can be done. Is there a way to get MFR RedNet and P:R Bundled Cable to communicate channels properly?

https://i.imgur.com/2VmOTcU.png

Screenshot makes it look like RedNet's side is only listening on the white channel, but the wrench doesn't seem to be behaving normally there.

And while I'm at it, how does EnderIO's channel system act re: cross-mod compatibility?

turns out there was an end portal in the first one. the fortress only generated the rooms themselves, but not the tunnels between them..?
still no luck on the other two
I have only had bad experiences from combining PR and MFR cables (in 1.6 granted and bundled PR). When a signal was send through the interface between the PR wire and MFR cable, the signal would get stuck in a self holding loop and persist after the source was turned off.
If I have had to interface the two, I have always done it at the Logic gates due to this. There there were no problem this way with the MFR cable interfacing with the PR gates.