Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Version question here more directly concerning Bibliocraft. I was looking at the FTB Launcher before launching Direwolf20 and noticed I was on like version 1.1.1 so clicked into recommended and it asked to do an update to 1.2.1. I clicked to backup and save, saves and did the update. Now I've noticed that, specifically speaking, my Tool Racks do not display properly. And it seems to be directional orientation. I had them on walls two facing South and one facing East. One of the racks facing South appeared to be functioning just fine but it was a matter of where I had my character standing. And the one next to it (and in the corner next to the east facing rack) had the tools sticking out of them at like a 45 degree angle off the rack as did the other South facing. The tools in the East facing rack sat in the rack like somebody threw them in for target practice because they sat in the rack at a 90 off the rack. But really it was just a matter of where you stand in the game as to how they appear. Here is some screens:

View attachment 17468 View attachment 17471
Anyone happen to know what is happening here? Should I just go back to an older version or what?

Correction: One facing South and two facing East. :rolleyes:
Did you install Optifine? I think I've seen reports of a very similar-looking bug involving Optifine before.

If you have it installed, you might be able to fix this bug by messing around with the settings. I forget which ones, though...

Minnesota Jeff

Jul 29, 2019
I've taken the racks, all of them off the wall and replaced the tools and weapons a couple of times and get the same result. I'll have a look into the Optifine. Not familiar with what that is so I'm thinking I likely didn't install it. If its a mod of some sort I'll have a look into my mod folder.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I've taken the racks, all of them off the wall and replaced the tools and weapons a couple of times and get the same result. I'll have a look into the Optifine. Not familiar with what that is so I'm thinking I likely didn't install it. If its a mod of some sort I'll have a look into my mod folder.
It is a performance enhancing client side mod, that sadly tends to come with some problems. If you have never heard of it then it is safe to say you don't have it. It have AFAIK never been part of any modpack.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Version question here more directly concerning Bibliocraft. I was looking at the FTB Launcher before launching Direwolf20 and noticed I was on like version 1.1.1 so clicked into recommended and it asked to do an update to 1.2.1. I .............................

Correction: One facing South and two facing East. :rolleyes:

If that is your only issue I would not worry too much about it (actually looks a little cool)

I only came across 3 problems with the update - having to power autonomous activators and some cut blocks had to be replaced due to texture changes (can't remember the name of the mod used to saw blocks into facades etc). Both of which were intentional changes

And there is a "treasure hunt" map that leads to creations - at least 1 of them doesn't generate correctly.

There is a lot of good update stuff including walled villagers, village guards and for me a huge frame rate boost

So for a visual glitch I would not roll back

Minnesota Jeff

Jul 29, 2019
Yah I am sort of warming up to it a little. Another issue I am seeming to have is things just disappearing from my inventory. I had a Golden Bag of Holding w/reincarnation 1 holding my Thaumcraft wands and other items disappear today. I went to the blocks and come to find out that bag does not exist in the pack I am playing since the update. So I settled with the standard GBH and replaced the wands and sword I lost. On the upside I had my old bag disappear before I made the one with reincarnation made and when I did the in game load (which I don't completely understand) all of a sudden I have my old lost bag back and the Diamond Pick Axe and Amethyst Axe I had disappear earlier today came back along with my Staff of Traveling that was inside the GBH that came back to me after I clicked on the Load button (I had dated 3/23/2015). Weird that Save/Load option in the game is. It doesn't act like a typical save/load of a game as I know them to be. Guessing its a completely different dynamic where that's concerned.

Minnesota Jeff

Jul 29, 2019
I've had a lot of questions today about some things but I want to ask one more question before I call it a night here. There is in the game a feature in the GUI that I don't get and I mentioned it in my last posting. Its the
Save1, Save2, Save3, Save4 and so on to 7. They turn into Load and are nameable. What I don't get is how exactly that feature works. I had it turned off and never paid it any attention till recently because a friend of mine thought it was an in game way to backup the world. Come to find out its not really like that. But I have no idea how it really is.

If somebody knows how this works could you please explain it so I can pass it on to my friend and my brother as well. If its a useful tool we'd like to know exactly how it is we should use the feature.

Thanks,
MNJ

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I've had a lot of questions today about some things but I want to ask one more question before I call it a night here. There is in the game a feature in the GUI that I don't get and I mentioned it in my last posting. Its the
Save1, Save2, Save3, Save4 and so on to 7. They turn into Load and are nameable. What I don't get is how exactly that feature works. I had it turned off and never paid it any attention till recently because a friend of mine thought it was an in game way to backup the world. Come to find out its not really like that. But I have no idea how it really is.

If somebody knows how this works could you please explain it so I can pass it on to my friend and my brother as well. If its a useful tool we'd like to know exactly how it is we should use the feature.

Thanks,
MNJ
That's a feature of NEI. It basically just backs up your inventory, armor, and Creative+ bonus inventory (if you're in NEI's C+ gamemode).
If you click one of the Save buttons, it'll store the entire contents of your inventory somewhere, and clicking Load will replace whatever you may have with a copy of what was stored.

I typically have one set to a mostly empty inventory, with just a sword, Thaumcraft staff, and some light sources on the hotbar, and half a dozen books, wrenches, and such in the main inventory. Really handy when it only takes one click to clear out all the junk that builds up when I'm working on a project.

Do note that these buttons only work with cheats enabled, for obvious reasons.

Reactions: Minnesota Jeff

NOCK

Jul 29, 2019
every time i close my inventory, it looks like their is a warm filter, and it slowly fades back to cool normal colors. playing infinity, whats the cause?

Gemberkoekje

Jul 29, 2019
every time i close my inventory, it looks like their is a warm filter, and it slowly fades back to cool normal colors. playing infinity, whats the cause?
My best guess is that it's actually your monitor doing something with the saturation for some reason. Does your monitor have any special auto-saturation features, as far as you know?

Alternatively, your monitor might be so old that it simply can't cope with the changes in color or something...

Minnesota Jeff

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody know what engine now connects to the Advanced Wooden Transport Pipe? I am transporting items to my home base via Phased Transport Pipe and I wanted to use the AWTP to filter out Cobble, Dirt, Marble and other non Ore and Gems etc. I saw a post on the website you download the Additional Pipes Mod Jar from and the creator mentioned that he " Changed the Advanced Wooden Pipe into an MJ Battery" Which doesn't really make a lot of sense to me.

I have, at my quarry, a set up using Impulse Itemduct and servo whitelisting fodder items listed above into a void chest. So now that I have connected a Wooden Transport Pipe up to the Crystal Chest my quarry is using to Phase Pipe the Ores and Gems etc... to my home base and into another Crystal Chest. Problem with that is the Wooden Transport Pipe is competing with the Impulse Itemduct. Hence my want to use the Advanced Wooden Transport Pipe and have to option to include or exclude however the case may be.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Has anyone come up with a robust way to implement a fast redstone clock in Steve's Factory Manager? The basic set-up keeps switching off every time I log off and on. I've got a moderately complex set of triggers that periodically re-starts it with a pulse, but is there a better way? Or, what's another good 1-tick-on-1-tick-off clock mechanism that I can hook into SFM?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Anybody know what engine now connects to the Advanced Wooden Transport Pipe? I am transporting items to my home base via Phased Transport Pipe and I wanted to use the AWTP to filter out Cobble, Dirt, Marble and other non Ore and Gems etc. I saw a post on the website you download the Additional Pipes Mod Jar from and the creator mentioned that he " Changed the Advanced Wooden Pipe into an MJ Battery" Which doesn't really make a lot of sense to me.

I have, at my quarry, a set up using Impulse Itemduct and servo whitelisting fodder items listed above into a void chest. So now that I have connected a Wooden Transport Pipe up to the Crystal Chest my quarry is using to Phase Pipe the Ores and Gems etc... to my home base and into another Crystal Chest. Problem with that is the Wooden Transport Pipe is competing with the Impulse Itemduct. Hence my want to use the Advanced Wooden Transport Pipe and have to option to include or exclude however the case may be.
Why not stick to one or the other? Since you using Phased Transport Pipes to transport (Which I presume are BC-type pipes).

Since you are not mentioning a Modpack, I'm going to provide serveral options.
If you are using 1.6 modpack, you are pretty much stuck with Buildcraft's own engines (or Forestry's/Railcrafts, although imo they'd be less conveneint for this). Redstone engines are free, but are fairly slow at extracting items. Stirling engines extract about 16 items at a time, and i think combustions can pull out an entire stack at a time (but you have to fuel them with a fairly scarce resource)

In 1.7, buildcraft uses RF instead of MJ. Any dynamo with as many efficiency augments as you can stuff into it is a very nice way of pulling stacks of items out at a time. I wouldn't go for the boost in RF/t augments as 80 RF/t pulls a stack at a time anyhow and could explode the pipe if you give it too much power.

EDIT: I forgot something, or two rather. Diamond Pipes can be used to filter things to a trash can/void pipe/nullifier. Emerald Pipes can filter on what they pull out,but I don't THINK they have a blacklist option.

Minnesota Jeff

Jul 29, 2019
Why not stick to one or the other? Since you using Phased Transport Pipes to transport (Which I presume are BC-type pipes).

Since you are not mentioning a Modpack, I'm going to provide serveral options.
If you are using 1.6 modpack, you are pretty much stuck with Buildcraft's own engines (or Forestry's/Railcrafts, although imo they'd be less conveneint for this). Redstone engines are free, but are fairly slow at extracting items. Stirling engines extract about 16 items at a time, and i think combustions can pull out an entire stack at a time (but you have to fuel them with a fairly scarce resource)

In 1.7, buildcraft uses RF instead of MJ. Any dynamo with as many efficiency augments as you can stuff into it is a very nice way of pulling stacks of items out at a time. I wouldn't go for the boost in RF/t augments as 80 RF/t pulls a stack at a time anyhow and could explode the pipe if you give it too much power.

EDIT: I forgot something, or two rather. Diamond Pipes can be used to filter things to a trash can/void pipe/nullifier. Emerald Pipes can filter on what they pull out,but I don't THINK they have a blacklist option.
Sorry about the lack of Mod pack info, I am using 1.7.10 playing in Direwolf20.

Minnesota Jeff

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry about the lack of Mod pack info, I am using 1.7.10 playing in Direwolf20.
2015-04-07_15.25.37.png
2015-04-07_15.26.04.png
2015-04-07_15.26.39.png
2015-04-07_15.26.41.png

Here is some screens to perhaps help better explain as to what I am doing. Top two being my quarry and bottom two home base. As can be seen in the pics there is cobble running through the pipes. I only want cobble etc.. to get drawn into the Impulse Itemduct. I've tried both Diamond, Emerald and Advanced Wooded and the Wooden Transport Pipe is the only pipe that draws items out of the Crystal Chest at the Quarry site. At least being that I can get to work that is.

Last edited:

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
You could just have the quarry autoeject into a diamond pipe that sends unwanted items to a void pipe/ the existing trash can. Would be easier imo. The other side of the diamond pipecan just go to the phase pipe.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
View attachment 17506 View attachment 17509 View attachment 17512 View attachment 17515

Here is some screens to perhaps help better explain as to what I am doing. Top two being my quarry and bottom two home base. As can be seen in the pics there is cobble running through the pipes. I only want cobble etc.. to get drawn into the Impulse Itemduct. I've tried both Diamond, Emerald and Advanced Wooded and the Wooden Transport Pipe is the only pipe that draws items out of the Crystal Chest at the Quarry site. At least being that I can get to work that is.
Why not just use an Ender Chest on the Quarry side, and then do ALL the sorting on the home side? Then you dont need to use the BC pipes at all, and your Quarry is MUCH easier to move. Just use itemducts to pull out of the matching ender chest at base, filter cobble etc. off to void chest/trash can/whatever and then the ore, gems etc. into whatever sorting system you prefer.

Minnesota Jeff

Jul 29, 2019
Why not just use an Ender Chest on the Quarry side, and then do ALL the sorting on the home side? Then you dont need to use the BC pipes at all, and your Quarry is MUCH easier to move. Just use itemducts to pull out of the matching ender chest at base, filter cobble etc. off to void chest/trash can/whatever and then the ore, gems etc. into whatever sorting system you prefer.

What I ended up doing was similar to what you suggest there Rhn. I got rid of the Itemduct, void chest, and Crystal chest at the Quarry side and hooked the wooden transfer pipe straight to the quarry hooked into the Phased pipe and I do like you said I send it all to the house and void the fodder there and do my sorting :)

2015-04-07_17.42.56.png