Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
D

Deleted member 54080

I have a pneumatic servo that I made, and it doesn't work.

So, it turns out that DW20 is out of dat (according to some other wikis and reddits I found) and that other packs in the FTB launcher have the corrected version where the servo actually works correctly and doesn't require a friggin' redstone signal to function?

ye gods, there goes a day's playtime.

Any other full packs to try since DW20 is a non-starter at this point? I've toyed with TPPi a bit back in 1.6. heard decent things about a couple of the old FTBLite sets as well.

Which are the most newb friendly as of 1.7? (I'm so out of date and rusty I may as well just hold up the newb sign again)

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
You need a servo from Thermal Dynamics, not Thermal Expansion. There's several tiers- basic, hardened, reinforced, signalum, and resonant, if I remember correctly. Their tooltips explain what all they do.

If you want to filter what items go into any given inventory, use a Filter (again, there's several tiers); also, there's Retrievers that can pull items out of distant inventories through ducts.

So, it turns out that DW20 is out of dat (according to some other wikis and reddits I found) and that other packs in the FTB launcher have the corrected version where the servo actually works correctly and doesn't require a friggin' redstone signal to function?

Any other full packs to try since DW20 is a non-starter at this point? I've toyed with TPPi a bit back in 1.6. heard decent things about a couple of the old FTBLite sets as well.

Which are the most newb friendly as of 1.7? (I'm so out of date and rusty I may as well just hold up the newb sign again)
Infinity is the current FTB kitchen sink pack and is more or less a remake of Unleashed; while Resurrection is roughly a remake of FTB Ultimate of old. It contains GregTech, if you're into that.

There's also a great deal of themed questing-based packs, if you'd like to try something a little different.

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
I'd definitely reccomend Infinity if you're looking for something to stick too, it has a nice arrangement of mods. Like Someone Else 37 said, If you're into HQM packs there's a good bit of those to play with. Definiely reccomend Agrarian skies though its getting a bit old, and everyones waiting for AS2 nowdays, so try Sky Factory though it isnt a FTB pack. Also consider trying a random third party pack can go well if you just look around the forums for a code. If you really want a big pack, you can also try the Mianite modpack, though it is again not a FTB pack. Also, why not just get the updated versions of the mods yourself @xaks ?

D

Deleted member 54080

Frankly, I don't even know how to get single mod items updated.

I'm not a terribly new player in time, but I am in depth. I've really only played with a couple of all-over packs that did all the individual mod work up front, so all I ever had to worry about doing is clicking play.

It looks like I should try infinity, or accept the fact that I can't be a lazy bastard any more and actually learn how to get into the meat of the mods and bend them according to will!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Regret posting here, but really have no clue where else to try it since the support site is dead.

Anyone got an idea what is causing these reoccurring crashes? Client only, server continues without issue. Can be hours or days between, or be several per hour. Seems completely random.
Code:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Don't be sad, have a hug! <3
Time: 4/5/15 12:07 AM
Description: Exception in world tick
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.NetClientHandler.func_72468_a(NetClientHandler.java:1348)
        at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet132TileEntityData.func_73279_a(SourceFile:51)
        at net.minecraft.network.TcpConnection.func_74428_b(TcpConnection.java:462)
        at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.NetClientHandler.func_72551_d(NetClientHandler.java:281)
        at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.WorldClient.func_72835_b(WorldClient.java:99)
        at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1930)
        at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:910)
        at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:838)
        at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)
        at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)
A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Head --
Stacktrace:
        at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.NetClientHandler.func_72468_a(NetClientHandler.java:1348)
        at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet132TileEntityData.func_73279_a(SourceFile:51)
        at net.minecraft.network.TcpConnection.func_74428_b(TcpConnection.java:462)
        at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.NetClientHandler.func_72551_d(NetClientHandler.java:281)
        at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.WorldClient.func_72835_b(WorldClient.java:99)
-- Affected level --
Details:
        Problem: Level is null!
Stacktrace:
        at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1930)
        at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:910)
        at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:838)
        at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)
        at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)
Full log:
http://pastebin.com/8GMzKJVq

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019

1) there are a LOT of people playing this pack - if it was out of dat (or date) I think there would be a lot of people talking about it.
2) You took a bit of time away from minecraft - and can't understand that things may not work like they did before - so must be broken.
3) Look at this -
- it shows what has changed

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
So I've made a few modpacks in my lifetime, but this is my first one with Iguana Tweaks in it. I can get everything to work, except, whenever i try and set the configs so that at level 8, 10, 12, etc. it gets a extra modifier, it does not work. I do have the max level raised, all the way to 30.
So it looks like this
##########################################################################################################
# toolleveling
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
# Leveling Module: Setup the leveling system how you like it
##########################################################################################################

toolleveling {
# Adds a random bonus on these levelups if 'RandomBonuses' is enabled
I:BonusesAtLevels <
>

# Each modifier is equally likely on levelup. Disables useful bonuses. [default: false]
B:CompletelyRandomBonuses=false

# The amount of modifiers new tools have. [range: 0 ~ 9, default: 0]
I:ExtraModifiers=1

# Adds an extra modifier on these levelups if 'ExtraModifiers' is enabled
I:ModifiersAtLevels <
>

# Gives a random bonus every level, if false and levelling is on modifiers are given at levels 2 and 4 (requires 'toolLeveling=true') [default: true]
B:RandomBonuses=true

# Disables less-useful modifiers on levelups. Like a sword with silktouch, or a pickaxe with beheading. [default: true]
B:UsefulBonuses=true

# XP tooltip shows numbers, in addition to percentage [default: true]
B:detailedXpTooltip=true

# [range: 1 ~ 99, default: 6]
I:maxToolLevel=30

# If true, only the heads of tools are examined when determining how much XP it takes to level up. (This only matters if you manually specify that some material types level faster than others using the override module) [default: true]
B:eek:nlyHeadsChangeXPRequirement=true

# Current XP% is shown after the level [default: false]
B:showMinimalTooltipXP=false

# Current XP is shown when hovering over a tool [default: true]
B:showTooltipXP=true

# Can your skill with tools 'level up' as you use them? [default: true]
B:toolLeveling=true

# Exponential multiplier for required boost xp per level [range: 1.0 ~ 9.99, default: 1.12]
S:xpPerBoostLevelMultiplier=1.12

# Exponential multiplier for required xp per level [range: 1.0 ~ 9.99, default: 1.15]
S:xpPerLevelMultiplier=1.15

# Change the XP required to level up tools in % (higher = more xp needed) [range: 1 ~ 999, default: 100]
I:xpRequiredToolsPercentage=100

# Change the XP required to level up weapons in % (higher = more xp needed) [range: 1 ~ 999, default: 100]
I:xpRequiredWeaponsPercentage=100
}

And I'm trying to make it set so that i can have items get extra modifiers/Bonuses on level up.
Any help on where exactly I am to put it? I've tried this:

toolleveling {
# Adds a random bonus on these levelups if 'RandomBonuses' is enabled
I:BonusesAtLevels <

>

# Each modifier is equally likely on levelup. Disables useful bonuses. [default: false]
B:CompletelyRandomBonuses=false

# The amount of modifiers new tools have. [range: 0 ~ 9, default: 0]
I:ExtraModifiers=1

# Adds an extra modifier on these levelups if 'ExtraModifiers' is enabled
I:ModifiersAtLevels <
>

The part in red is what i added. It just doesent work, after i open a world and test it out, i can get my tool to level 30 ( Master++) but no extra modifiers or bonuses on it. I've also tried what i did above, but not with the numbers in line with the others, and I've even tried putting the numbers after the ">" symbol below the configs, no luck.
Anybody know how i can do this? Also if you don't mind, just put what i actually need into the spoiler i put above ( copy and paste) so that i have a template for when i need to continue.
Thanks!

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
For Easter, someone on my server left me a Golden Egg (from OpenBlocks mod). But there's no entry in the in-game book for it. I did a search and someone said it makes a "mini me" (a copy of me, but smaller)? WTF?

Someone else also left me a Railcraft Firestone Ore the other day. My house is made of Redwood planks, and that's about all I will say about THAT. If you know about that block, you'll know I was not a very happy camper at that moment. I built my house once, and didn't have any urge whatsoever to build it again. But I had to. LOL

So before I remove it from the chest, I'm just wondering if this Golden Egg is harmless or not? Should I make a "mini me" and see what happens? How do I do that, just place the egg on the ground? Can I make the thing my little slave, or what? Will it do my work for me, like a cute little Thaumcraft Golem? Or is it just a Garden Gnome that won't do anything?

Last edited:

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Mini Mes are derpy little copies of your character that do random little things like randomly picking you up and running randomly around or randomly picking flowers or randomly punching out torches or randomly randomizing items in random chests.

Reactions: adzmodeus

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Will openblocks vacuum hoppers work underwater?

I'm thinking about automating my fluix crystal production and I need something that can grab loose objects sat in water.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Imo the best way to pick up things like that is a transfer node with both an item filter and world interaction upgrade (Multiple if the node isfurther away)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Mini Mes are derpy little copies of your character that do random little things like randomly picking you up and running randomly around or randomly picking flowers or randomly punching out torches or randomly randomizing items in random chests.

Thanks, I think I'll just drop my OpenBlocks Golden Egg into my OpenBlocks Trash Can then. I don't see why I'd have a need for a Mini Me, one of me is already too many. :)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Anyone got an idea for a a flower farm(Flower, Rose, etc.) that does not have free laying items(broken flowers that then get picked up)? I hate free items as I always use a loot magnet and a simple visit would mean my inventory would be filled with junk.

I have previously been using a CC turtle script, which in it self was fine, but thought I might try something different.

Using 1.6 TPPI pack btw.

Would be a big plus if it looked good as well :p

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone got an idea for a a flower farm(Flower, Rose, etc.) that does not have free laying items(broken flowers that then get picked up)? I hate free items as I always use a loot magnet and a simple visit would mean my inventory would be filled with junk.

I have previously been using a CC turtle script, which in it self was fine, but thought I might try something different.

Using 1.6 TPPI pack btw.

Would be a big plus if it looked good as well :p
this will look crap, but may work...
what you will need:
a patch of grass
autonomous activator
bonemeal
block breaker
some way of giving the block breakers a pulse
an inventory

Set your block breakers facing down, one block above the grass (ideally no larger than 4x4)
Next set you autonomous activator above, and one block out of the grass
So you should have somthing looking like this:
h3Gnv.png
(mossy is block breakers, brick is activator)

Now, run your wiring to all your block breakers, and connect them to your inventory
Finally, set your activator to aim down, set it to right click, and fill it with bonemeal

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
this will look crap, but may work...
what you will need:
a patch of grass
autonomous activator
bonemeal
block breaker
some way of giving the block breakers a pulse
an inventory

Set your block breakers facing down, one block above the grass (ideally no larger than 4x4)
Next set you autonomous activator above, and one block out of the grass
So you should have somthing looking like this:
h3Gnv.png
(mossy is block breakers, brick is activator)

Now, run your wiring to all your block breakers, and connect them to your inventory
Finally, set your activator to aim down, set it to right click, and fill it with bonemeal
Hmm did actually get an idea after posting. Similar to this, just with ME transition planes and a Autonomous Activator for Bonemeal. Testing it out atm. Seems to work but it is not exactly FPS friendly :p

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Will openblocks vacuum hoppers work underwater?

I'm thinking about automating my fluix crystal production and I need something that can grab loose objects sat in water.

If it can how would it choose to pull the fluix crystal and not the fluix seed?

The item valve does the job and its an easy Steve's factory manager build (assuming the mod is included in your pack) DW20 let's play S7 episode 42 has a good tutorial.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm did actually get an idea after posting. Similar to this, just with ME transition planes and a Autonomous Activator for Bonemeal. Testing it out atm. Seems to work but it is not exactly FPS friendly :p
Hence block breakers not AE stuff

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
If it can how would it choose to pull the fluix crystal and not the fluix seed?

The item valve does the job and its an easy Steve's factory manager build (assuming the mod is included in your pack) DW20 let's play S7 episode 42 has a good tutorial.
Fill it with fluix crystals (1 in every slot) and then it CANNOT pull fluix crystal seeds, but will be able to pull anything that can stack onto what is in there

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have a solution for what i posted yesterday on this forum? I still haven't received much help and i really need it!