Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
It depends on the blocks it mines. Harder materials = more power use.

well... that's kind of annoying, as I wanted to know about how many engines/dynamo's I'd need to run a non-upgraded ender quarry at max speed

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
Im working on my lycantrophy from witchery and i cant seem to get past the quest where it says i have to kill 10 mobs by leaping at them. It didnt mention wether i had to be in wolfman or wolf form. Does any1 know what to do? I have crit over 30-40 creatures both in normal wolf and wolfman form.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
So my pc changed to summertime since my contry entered it now (Gmt+1). And now FTB launcher wont start any mod up. So i changed my time manual 1 hour back and now FTB works. But now Hamachi and other programs are giving warnings because of wrong time.

Is there a way to make FTB launcher work with out i have to change my time to "wrong" timezone to make it work ? please

Funny, It's been "Summertime" (We call it Daylight Savings) since the 11th of March here in the US... If anything you should've been broken for about 2 weeks.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Im working on my lycantrophy from witchery and i cant seem to get past the quest where it says i have to kill 10 mobs by leaping at them. It didnt mention wether i had to be in wolfman or wolf form. Does any1 know what to do? I have crit over 30-40 creatures both in normal wolf and wolfman form.
Be sure you are in the air when performing the killing blow. It has to be in a form, but i don't recall which (or if it matters). This is likely easiest should you have a method of flight, and fly just above the ground. A little cheaty though. (Also bows don't count, has to be melee attack)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Be sure you are in the air when performing the killing blow. It has to be in a form, but i don't recall which (or if it matters). This is likely easiest should you have a method of flight, and fly just above the ground. A little cheaty though. (Also bows don't count, has to be melee attack)
If he is critting, he is in the air. Crits only happen when the player is falling.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Do TiCon arrows with a moss modifier (in 1.7) still regenerate their count if the pseudo-stack is at zero?
It probably doesn't because at 0 the stack is "broken" and vanilla ticon doesn't allow broken tools to repair, via moss... unless that has changed.

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
Compact windmills (specifically for 1.6.4 (yeah i am still on that as greg isnt updated fully for 1.7)) I cannot find the exact number you need to keep them away from other items for full efficiency, is it 8 like the old ones? anyone know?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Compact windmills (specifically for 1.6.4 (yeah i am still on that as greg isnt updated fully for 1.7)) I cannot find the exact number you need to keep them away from other items for full efficiency, is it 8 like the old ones? anyone know?
Compact windmills is horrible executed(at least in the version I played in Monster). None of the vanilla IC2 Windmill mechanics apply, such as height, obstructing blocks and weather. Add to that its power outputs are completely over the top compared to other IC2 stuff.

Rather a shame as it was a good idea. Windmills could really come into play with packs using world gens like ATG.

Reactions: Linda Hartlen

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
oO bah.. ok.. ill nuke em then. thanks :) yeah im using an ATG world and I got this wonderful mesa I am building on. to bad as they look so nice compared to the vanilla ones. I like basing my early power on wind and water when I play with greg as solar panels are just so harsh to make in the quantity you need. I take it the compact solars are just as bad?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
oO bah.. ok.. ill nuke em then. thanks :) yeah im using an ATG world and I got this wonderful mesa I am building on. to bad as they look so nice compared to the vanilla ones. I like basing my early power on wind and water when I play with greg as solar panels are just so harsh to make in the quantity you need. I take it the compact solars are just as bad?
Well it is a personal choice I guess. You could use them in some way that satisfies your sense of balance or something. Like build 2 and throw one away, set up an imaginary clearance area your self, only use low grade rotors etc.

And nah Compact Solars is really well balanced. It gives you exactly what you would get from having the amount of solar panels you put into making it. Just without using up all the server resources calculating 512 blocks. I might set up a Compact solar but then make some fake solar panels(microblocks or something) to cover a large area, just to make it realistic(or as a sort of "space tax" on the power produced).

Reactions: Linda Hartlen

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
ok :) thank you kindly. I think ill use the windmills as they look good but dump a large part of the energy. I always hate when I get too much energy too fast, to me that makes me lose interest fast. cheers folks :) got some ideas now

BB01QW

Jul 29, 2019
Hi i need to ask a question about mage quest.
At about midday i got attacked by a ghostly figure mob that shot black balls of whatever it was and made a lot of fog what is it

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Really simple question this! Is there a way the player can remove an item at a time from a ME interface?

I am keeping stacks in them but can only pick up a stack (left click) or a half stack (right click) - tried mouse wheel, holding shift, holding ctrl, holding space, holding Alt. Am I missing something or can't it be done?

akvgergo

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I need some help with FTB infinity. The MFR harvesters idle time have been increased from (IIRC) 5 ticks to 15 ticks, which made my usual farm setup useless. Does anybody know where can I set back this value exactly? I haven't find it in the configs so I just regenerated the whole minefactoryreloaded folder, but with no success. Anybody help?