Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Fill it with fluix crystals (1 in every slot) and then it CANNOT pull fluix crystal seeds, but will be able to pull anything that can stack onto what is in there

Would work as a manual solution - manually removing from the hopper.

You have me trying to work out a way to automate pulling from it, would a storage bus attach to it? He could set it up for the four items maybe

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hence block breakers not AE stuff
Yeah. Ended up just using Terrain Smashers and Autonomous activators. No need for redstone stuff that way, their timings are work nicely in sync with each other.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have a solution for what i posted yesterday on this forum? I still haven't received much help and i really need it!
repost?

Would work as a manual solution - manually removing from the hopper.

You have me trying to work out a way to automate pulling from it, would a storage bus attach to it? He could set it up for the four items maybe
Extract on a clock? Every <x> ticks, it will pull 1 item (be giving it access to a hopper, or something)

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Applied Energistics 2:

First time I'm using it. Instantly I feel completely lost... because I can no longer name the storage disks that I preformat for specific stuff.

I set up two drive racks filled with 20 disks yesterday in painstaking preformatting work. Today I had to move them. Which results in all of the drives popping out, of course, and getting mixed up in my inventory. So now I have 20 unnamed disks with several hundred different item types, which are sorted randomly into my drive racks. Some of them are full. I don't know which ones, or why, or which items are now blocked.

What does the mod expect me to do in lieu of naming my disks, which is no longer supported?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Applied Energistics 2:

First time I'm using it. Instantly I feel completely lost... because I can no longer name the storage disks that I preformat for specific stuff.

I set up two drive racks filled with 20 disks yesterday in painstaking preformatting work. Today I had to move them. Which results in all of the drives popping out, of course, and getting mixed up in my inventory. So now I have 20 unnamed disks with several hundred different item types, which are sorted randomly into my drive racks. Some of them are full. I don't know which ones, or why, or which items are now blocked.

What does the mod expect me to do in lieu of naming my disks, which is no longer supported?
You can rename them in an anvil, or you can use an Inscriber Name Press

Reactions: malicious_bloke

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Applied Energistics 2:

Why do you need to name disks? You put them in the drive, and just get on with it?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
You can rename them in an anvil, or you can use an Inscriber Name Press

Many thanks, i will try that! It sounds super inconvenient, but if it gets names on my disks, I'll deal.

Why do you need to name disks? You put them in the drive, and just get on with it?

You have 100 disks. One of them is formatted to accept ingots of all kinds.

You obtain a new type ingot. You wish to add it to the formatting of the disk.

You do not know where in your network that disk is.

Good luck.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Many thanks, i will try that! It sounds super inconvenient, but if it gets names on my disks, I'll deal.

You have 100 disks. One of them is formatted to accept ingots of all kinds.

You obtain a new type ingot. You wish to add it to the formatting of the disk.

You do not know where in your network that disk is.

Good luck.
I didn't know you could format disks...

Now I will annoy the people I live with by being OCD, and naming disks and stuff v_v

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I didn't know you could format disks...

Now I will annoy the people I live with by being OCD, and naming disks and stuff v_v
A network filled with unformatted disks... Shudder
There must be order so you can control things and automate by using Priority.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

Minnesota Jeff

Jul 29, 2019
Version question here more directly concerning Bibliocraft. I was looking at the FTB Launcher before launching Direwolf20 and noticed I was on like version 1.1.1 so clicked into recommended and it asked to do an update to 1.2.1. I clicked to backup and save, saves and did the update. Now I've noticed that, specifically speaking, my Tool Racks do not display properly. And it seems to be directional orientation. I had them on walls two facing South and one facing East. One of the racks facing South appeared to be functioning just fine but it was a matter of where I had my character standing. And the one next to it (and in the corner next to the east facing rack) had the tools sticking out of them at like a 45 degree angle off the rack as did the other South facing. The tools in the East facing rack sat in the rack like somebody threw them in for target practice because they sat in the rack at a 90 off the rack. But really it was just a matter of where you stand in the game as to how they appear. Here is some screens:

2015-04-06_16.54.04.png
2015-04-06_16.54.31.png

Anyone happen to know what is happening here? Should I just go back to an older version or what?

Correction: One facing South and two facing East. :rolleyes:

Last edited: