Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

sslitherr1

Jul 29, 2019
This happens when your CPU is "overloaded" and works flat out 100%(might not show as 100% in task manager, lot of other things can be a factor). This is what is causing your youtube videos to freeze up as well as they need CPU time as well.

What you could possible do if you have a quadcore is to set affinity(rightclick tasks in the taskmanager) to all but one of the cores to Minecraft and then the core that is left to the flashplayer(I think that is what runs your Youtube videos). You get best performance if you assign physical cores and not hyperthreads(generally 0,2,4,6 are physical cores). That might help. But you might also experience worse performance in both. /shrug

I only have a 3 core, I've set it to 2/3 running MC - hopefully this fixes; if not, I'll edit this "post" to update...

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
Material energy 4. A few ?

1. I have chickens in a hopper i am getting feathers not eggs. How do you get eggs.

2. Is there a way to get things to grow outside biosphere or is there a way to chunk load it. I tried growing potatoes in observatory and they did nothing.

3. I pumped all the cryo stuff from tank in bio sphere what is easiest way to get it in the reactor not 1 bucket at a time i hope.

4. I got cursed earth from the rotunda. Made a mob farm in observatory not getting any mobs. can you not spawn mobs there?

Harmsda

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all, I've just seen something really strange: I saw a player-like mob running around during the night. It attacked a mana creeper, which blew up, then when I tried to approach it it appeared to teleport away.
Please help me identify what it was! I'm playing a modified Monster pack, with a few mods like Ars Magica 2 added in.

Oh and my world is single player and not open to LAN, so it wasn't actually another player.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
4. I got cursed earth from the rotunda. Made a mob farm in observatory not getting any mobs. can you not spawn mobs there?
I haven't played the pack but I think it's because the observatory is in a mushroom island biome where no mobs can spawn.

Hi all, I've just seen something really strange: I saw a player-like mob running around during the night. It attacked a mana creeper, which blew up, then when I tried to approach it it appeared to teleport away.
Please help me identify what it was! I'm playing a modified Monster pack, with a few mods like Ars Magica 2 added in.
I know that Headcrumbs causes players to appear. But this is probably not it when you play Monster.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom

Probably a Light Mage from AM2 then. Either that or it was Herobrine.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

Oh and my world is single player and not open to LAN, so it wasn't actually another player.
Maybe it was Herobrine

:p

Unless something added by AM2 I can think of nothing in Monster that can account for that.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Material energy 4. A few ?

1. I have chickens in a hopper i am getting feathers not eggs. How do you get eggs.

2. Is there a way to get things to grow outside biosphere or is there a way to chunk load it. I tried growing potatoes in observatory and they did nothing.

3. I pumped all the cryo stuff from tank in bio sphere what is easiest way to get it in the reactor not 1 bucket at a time i hope.

1. You have to breed the wild chickens until you get the normal kind, that will then lay eggs for you
2. Make sure they have light, the observatory looks bright but it actually isn't
3. Unfortunately, yes. Also, if you don't want to repeat that task every time you pump something from that room, you should probably move the reactor away from underneath it. ;)

Drawman

Jul 29, 2019
Deep dark is -100 Nether is -1 (unless things have changed) Please don't go nuts about this link being from an unofficial wiki, it has the info, is as accurate as is possible, was easy to locate and I don't believe is available here. http://ftbwiki.org/Dimension

To clarify for anyone like me who may need things to be clear - the button on the launcher will say "Recommended" unless you chose a version from the list. Currently 1.0.4 & 1.1.1 are showing as available (as well as 1.0.3, 1.0.2 etc) 1.0.3 is the current recommended but according to the last DW20 episode 1.0.4 "could be" recommended "by the time of uploading" the video. I have been using 1.0.4 for a around week and the only issue I may have had was loss of Thaumcraft research which I repaired (mostly) from a backup.

NOTE: Always make a manual backup of you world save before using any non-recommended version

1.1.1 - I have not looked at, I assume that is the next update but as 1.0.4 is not yet recommended I am leaving that alone.

BTW Drawman can you crop the empty space from images before posting please

Done as requested, sorry about not cropping the image i was not even noticed it before you said so.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
People are so inquisitive... Almost 1000 pages of questions!

Yes, but an interesting thought to me would be how many of those pages consist of unique questions?

I mean, if you threw out the multiple times the same question has been asked, the number of times someone has posted "looking for players/servers" posts, and "donkey with a PhD" posts like mine? :D

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
10 pages of questions, 900 pages of trying to get logs/information out of people and 90 pages of the same questions again*

I like the percentages you came up with, but I'm sure there were more completely irrelevant S.A. posts like mine... :( :D

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
Material energy 4 making condensed matter in a chemical synthesis. It says to break down bio alchemy but you need condensed matter to make it. How to you get condensed matter.

never mind figured it out.

Last edited:

Crazya994

Jul 29, 2019
quick question about metallurgy 4, is it not possible to make Tartarite crossbows/bows with tinker's construct yet? or is mine is disabled on my server or something =/ . Thaanks

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone help me with my forestry farm?
I've already build the multiblock structure 3x3x4 with farm blocks,
There is 1 hatch to withdraw items, 1 valve to supply water and 1 gear box powered with a BC stirling engine in the 2nd layer from bottom to top
There is stone bricks in the 4th layer and dirt over them.
There is already water in the GUI, there is fertilizer, the gear box is fully charged, it have the arboreum circuit board and saplings inside
What Im missing?

yotus

Jul 29, 2019
so you put the dirt down yourself ?

Normally, you're supposed to put the dirt in the farm inventory (on the left side of the inventory slots), and the farm will automatically place it down. I think it will transform the dirt+fertilizer to humus, which is required to grow trees.

Reactions: rhn and Miguel1118

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Can someone help me with my forestry farm?
I've already build the multiblock structure 3x3x4 with farm blocks,
There is 1 hatch to withdraw items, 1 valve to supply water and 1 gear box powered with a BC stirling engine in the 2nd layer from bottom to top
There is stone bricks in the 4th layer and dirt over them.
There is already water in the GUI, there is fertilizer, the gear box is fully charged, it have the arboreum circuit board and saplings inside
What Im missing?
As far as I remember you need to give the farm dirt. Only the manual farms work with prelaid dirt.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
so you put the dirt down yourself ?

Normally, you're supposed to put the dirt in the farm inventory (on the left side of the inventory slots), and the farm will automatically place it down. I think it will transform the dirt+fertilizer to humus, which is required to grow trees.
Yeah it will consume the dirt when trees grow and turn it into sand. You will need to continuously supply it with dirt.
EDIT: I believe this is intended to be a symbiotic relationship with the Peat farm as it produces dirt from sand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miguel1118

RazielTheFallen

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there
i'm playing Agrarian Skies 3.1.x actually alone on my "HomeSweetHome"-Island
actually i'm in the pretty good mid-game.

how can i arrange it, that my Girlfriend can play now together with me?
i'm not familiar with the minecraft servers yet