Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
There's something wrong with the recipe for plastic sheets, to make one it takes 3 raw plastics, an enderium nugget, lumium nugget, and signalum nugget, is there a way to fix this?
Looks like this recipe has been tweaked for balance. If you really don't want it you can look at the Minetweaker scripts and disable this change.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I came across Molten sanguinite in one of my Myst craft adventures lol, is there a way I can process this and make items out of it? I tried putting a bucket of it into the smeltery but nothing happens =(
You can input liquids into the smeltery through the drains. So you can e.g. fill a portable tank with the molten metal, stick it on top of the smeltery drain and let it output.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Crazya994

Jul 29, 2019
You can input liquids into the smeltery through the drains. So you can e.g. fill a portable tank with the molten metal, stick it on top of the smeltery drain and let it output.

Thank you very much! i'll get my self a portable tank lol

Crazya994

Jul 29, 2019
Molten freaking sanguinite?! You lucky bugger, that stuff's awesome.

don't hate me... I have a village farm in my base, I ran into a villager who was trading a Molten Tartarite block page for 1 emerald!... so me and my brother are set on the best material in game ( i think it's the best) I am falling in love with Mystcraft even though it times out the server on new loaded worlds ... =/. but I'm one lucky guy xD

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a block that can detect a lava source by it and then send a redstone signal in direwolf20 mod pack, or if there is another way other than an autonomous activator to place lava on the ground, autonomous activators does not wait for the lava to go away to place a new source block there so it is wasting lava for thermalilys
i find the best way to automate that is to get a bloodmagic altar with well of suffering and just build the serenade of nether rituals for it (very cheap automated lava) i have like 20 x 8 thermalilys with 1 ritual each for mana gen (for orechid and other botania needs) ;) (the blood atlar till t4 goes rather fast took me arround 2h to set it all up with the biggest problem being getting cursed earth)

Crazya994

Jul 29, 2019
anyone know the best and efficient way to pump in "Buck of life" back into the blood altar? (FTB infinity pack)

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking into building a Wither arena so I was just wondering if anyone knew of what kind of options there are (aside from the ones I'll list below) for Wither-proof blocks in Infinity 1.7.10?

The two options that I'm currently looking at are Reinforced Obsidian from Ender IO and the warding focus from Thaumcraft. There's also Reinforced Stone from IC2 but I'm not sure if they're Wither-proof and I haven't even started in IC2 yet so I'm not considering it.

Nope. Now they have their own cover system. Just search for "cover" in NEI with Microblocks hidden.

I did that but there's nothing related to Thermal Exp/Dyn/Fnd. I'm gonna check if any of those mods need to be updated.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I just upgraded Infinity to the latest version, and my Autonomous Activators no longer work with a Reinforced Watering Can. Any ideas why not? I know they need power, I've got that covered.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking into building a Wither arena so I was just wondering if anyone knew of what kind of options there are (aside from the ones I'll list below) for Wither-proof blocks in Infinity 1.7.10?

The two options that I'm currently looking at are Reinforced Obsidian from Ender IO and the warding focus from Thaumcraft. There's also Reinforced Stone from IC2 but I'm not sure if they're Wither-proof and I haven't even started in IC2 yet so I'm not considering it.

I did that but there's nothing related to Thermal Exp/Dyn/Fnd. I'm gonna check if any of those mods need to be updated.
any block with a structural duct gets you their version of covers

Reactions: ZeCowMan

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

RFTools shields can do it in some version of the mod, although I'm not sure which added it- best try it in a test world first, then update manually if you need to.

Or septuple compressed cobblestone, that should also work.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

Everything!
*Cough* /gamerule mobGriefing false *Cough*

:p

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
RFTools shields can do it in some version of the mod, although I'm not sure which added it- best try it in a test world first, then update manually if you need to.

Or septuple compressed cobblestone, that should also work.

I'll look into the RFTools shield.

I'm definitely passing on the compressed cobble. Getting enough cobble for that is kind of a PITA. :p

Thanks!

Everything!
*Cough* /gamerule mobGriefing false *Cough*

:p

Too easy! xD

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019

Actually the cheapest wither proof material is the TC Warded Glass which off the top of my head requires 6 glass, 2 greatwood planks, 1 zombie brain and a bit of vis for 8 blocks of it. Not sure why people overlook it so much.

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
Actually the cheapest wither proof material is the TC Warded Glass which off the top of my head requires 6 glass, 2 greatwood planks, 1 zombie brain and a bit of vis for 8 blocks of it. Not sure why people overlook it so much.

That's a pretty good option as well. Thanks!

sslitherr1

Jul 29, 2019
"Simple question" = Do any of you have any suggestions on how I can get modded Minecraft to stop jacking up the playing of YouTube videos?

I can't just play the game without anything playing in the background, be it the telly, or mainly Hermitcraft FTB or Mindcrackers on Youtube. It seems that since I Material Energy ^4 came out (I played it as soon as it was available), I've been having issues with some processes in the modpack (of any new packs) interfering with the playback of YouTube videos (buffer bar will be completely "downloaded", but playback will stop as soon as the Console displays - Couldn't keep up, did the system time change?)...

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
(buffer bar will be completely "downloaded", but playback will stop as soon as the Console displays - Couldn't keep up, did the system time change?)...
This happens when your CPU is "overloaded" and works flat out 100%(might not show as 100% in task manager, lot of other things can be a factor). This is what is causing your youtube videos to freeze up as well as they need CPU time as well.

What you could possible do if you have a quadcore is to set affinity(rightclick tasks in the taskmanager) to all but one of the cores to Minecraft and then the core that is left to the flashplayer(I think that is what runs your Youtube videos). You get best performance if you assign physical cores and not hyperthreads(generally 0,2,4,6 are physical cores). That might help. But you might also experience worse performance in both. /shrug