Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
What's the inFLUX pack all about? I've seen it listed on the modpack changelog page for weeks now, but not seen anything mentioned in the forums here. Is it being 'replaced' by the Infinity/Phoenixcraft kitchen sink pack I see Wyld playing atm?
I wasn't aware we had a kitchen sink pack.

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
Light the place up. Literally.

In Deep Dark™, you get hurt by the darkness but you can't attack the darkness with magic missile.

I farm pumpkins to turn into Jack-O-Lanterns for the purpose.

(And they're a cheap waterproof light source for oceanic work).

Awerick11

Jul 29, 2019
So, I know this is not the right place to post this, but the map section is so inactive nobody responds for days. I want to make an adventure map on FTB and probably have some people help me buid. Is there a easy, free way to do this? Thanks :)

BarbasTheDog

Jul 29, 2019
So, I know this is not the right place to post this, but the map section is so inactive nobody responds for days. I want to make an adventure map on FTB and probably have some people help me buid. Is there a easy, free way to do this? Thanks :)
If you post your idea on http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/ and advertise it well, there's probably going to be a few people interested in helping you with it.

You can also always ask specific questions at the link mentioned above or this thread.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything in DW20 1.7 that can force vanilla spawners to operate while players are not around EXCLUDING XU Cursed Earth?

BarbasTheDog

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything in DW20 1.7 that can force vanilla spawners to operate while players are not around EXCLUDING XU Cursed Earth?
I don't know if the Autonomous Activator + Deep Dark portal bug still works, but it's the only other thing I can think of.
Also, you need to reset it every time the server restarts - which shouldnt be that difficult.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if the Autonomous Activator + Deep Dark portal bug still works, but it's the only other thing I can think of.
Also, you need to reset it every time the server restarts - which shouldnt be that difficult.
This is early game, so that isn't happening. Also have no clue what that is so can I get a link to an elaboration of that?
Botania. If you point a mana spreader at a spawner, it should continue working without you there. Unless that was changed.
Worth a shot. Thanks!

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
You can make a steam powered compressor cant you? and then compress coal chunks?
Yes, but the coal chunks require obsidian, which I assume is also diamond-level. Granted, Igneous Extruders are a thing, which is fine in this case because Thermal Expansion is on Resurrection, but it seems like there should be a way to get it with just GT. Requiring an electric ore washer and sifter (or implosion compressor, for that matter, but that's even farther up the tech tree) just to get diamonds seems like a good way to completely nullify the steam and high-pressure macerators, because by the time you can make them, you can already make the electric version. Unless the HP steam macerator is faster/more efficient than the LV electric one?

Wait a second, maybe small TC shard ores drop actual shards, rather than crushed ore? *boots up instance*

Edit: Ok, that worked. Out of ten GT Small Aqua Infused Ores, I got three shards, a bunch of dust, and some crushed ore. But that still raises the question: What if no TC? Neither (small) diamond nor topaz gave me gems, just small ore, and the granite tools (other than arrows and arrowheads) don't appear to be craftable. Most of the diamond-tier metals seem to require the blast furnace... hrm... Aha! Cobalt works! Small cobaltite ore can be mined with an iron pick, and it drops dust which smelts directly into ingots.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yes, but the coal chunks require obsidian, which I assume is also diamond-level.
I am not sure what mod added it, but noticed in TPPI that the coal chunks could be made with 2 alternatives to obsidian. One was Bricks(the clay variant) and the other one I don't remember. I assumed it was GT that did it, as I doubt any other mod was altering IC2 recipes.
EDIT: seems to be a vanilla IC2 thing. You can either use Obsidian, Bricks or an Iron block.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I am not sure what mod added it, but noticed in TPPI that the coal chunks could be made with 2 alternatives to obsidian. One was Bricks(the clay variant) and the other one I don't remember. I assumed it was GT that did it, as I doubt any other mod was altering IC2 recipes.
EDIT: seems to be a vanilla IC2 thing. You can either use Obsidian, Bricks or an Iron block.
Maybe in TPPI, but the only bronze-age-friendly recipe in Resurrection uses obsidian. The electric Assembler, though, can use bricks, iron blocks, steel blocks, or Thaumcraft obsidian tiles/totems rather than vanilla obsidian.

That's a good tip, though. Could make getting those industrial diamonds for things like the grinding head easier... although judging by how much diamond dust the ore processing machines spit out with respect to the amount of actual diamonds they produce, Implosion Compressing the dusts just might be more profitable.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Botania. If you point a mana spreader at a spawner, it should continue working without you there. Unless that was changed.

Oh, I had no idea that this was a thing.

This is early game, so that isn't happening. Also have no clue what that is so can I get a link to an elaboration of that?

Worth a shot. Thanks!
Not quite right. There's an elven knowledge item called the Life Imbuer that does this though

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Thaumcraft - Anyone know the ratio for aspect to CV?
Assuming no compounds and a normal node, you can simply square root then round down. (For instance 100-120 vis would all get you 10 cv/t)

Compounds break down into all primals they made of. For instance Spiritus would be Perdito Terra and Aqua. In the case of conflict, For instance a node with both Spiritus and Aqua, only the highest is used.

Bright nodes get a 1.2x multipler before rounding, and pale nodes get a 0.8x multiplier. I'm not sure about fading nodes.