Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ThePixie35

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any CC or Open Computers or another computer based mod with "magic" wireless?
I want some long range wireless, I'll tweak CC configs if there is no alternative.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is there any CC or Open Computers or another computer based mod with "magic" wireless?
I want some long range wireless, I'll tweak CC configs if there is no alternative.
Apparently the Wireless Transmitter/Recievers from WR-CBE have CC support. Or used to. Well @KingTriaxx made me aware of it in this thread:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...uide-collection-etc.42664/page-28#post-894982
If nothing else you could use them in their normal function to send wireless signals over infinite distances/across dimensions(I think) to another computer as redstone signals.

ThePixie35

Jul 29, 2019

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhat simple;
How do Sync and Advanced Genetics interact?

If I inject a clone with a bunch of genetic alterations, the other bodies will not have them? (Even if they are made after the injection process is done?)

Thanks
~Zen

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Somewhat simple;
How do Sync and Advanced Genetics interact?

If I inject a clone with a bunch of genetic alterations, the other bodies will not have them? (Even if they are made after the injection process is done?)

Thanks
~Zen
Not tested, but my guess is that, unless AdvGenetics is explicitly integrated with Sync, all your clones would have the same traits, no matter which clone you were controlling when you injected yourself. I do know that (unless this was changed/fixed) all your clones share TiCo extra hearts and whatnot, so I don't see why AdvGenetics traits would be any different.

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
How to setup a proper flux (Not fluix, the one with the powered soil and universal seeds and such) crystals farm. Im in ME4, and a screenshot would be helpful.

Last edited:

Nodiri

Jul 29, 2019
I mighty need the tech support but the link is off(?), i am having troubles with FTB,i have a notebook i7-4700 2.4 GHz, windows 8.1, 7.88 usable RAM(wich i dedicated 7 for FTB), 64 bits, nvidia geforce gtx870m. When i launch modpakcs it just take forever to launch and in the game i just run with 10-18fps even in very low configs, is this right? my pc doesnt support these modpacks?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Should only need 4 gig of ram try reducing it in configs to 4
^This. the Java/MC combo seems to barf all over itself if you allocate more that 4GB to the client.

Also. if you dedicate 7GB for MC you're choking the crap out of Windows, which requires 1.5GB ram to run smoothly (more if you have other programs running in the background), and you only leave .8GB... This causes Windows itself to have to use your swapfile on disk to avoid crashing and thus slows down every single operation your computer tries to do.

If you are running a 1.7.10 based pack you might want to throw the "fastcraft" mod into the mod folder. 1.7.10 reintroduced a render bug (1.7.2 didn't have it) that "fastcraft" can help with.

Also, what version of Java are you running?

Last edited:

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question, what is a good way to mark used quarry area for Ender Quarry?
Currently taking away dirt layer to replace with cobble, but not very nice... Any better way?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Quick question, what is a good way to mark used quarry area for Ender Quarry?
Currently taking away dirt layer to replace with cobble, but not very nice... Any better way?
Mine somewhere you don't care about, like a Mystcraft age, and then just use a QuarryPlus :p No mistaking where you have mined then ;)