Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I... have no idea how the EnderQuarry handles liquids. But, since it mines straight down, rather than layer by layer like the BC quarry, I'd be surprised if it caused anywhere near as much lag as the flooded BC quarries people used back in the days before auto-pumping quarries.
Dunno. I would fear that the removal of blocks in/under water would cause blockupdates in the large nearby area of water, despite there being visual changes in the water or not. And it is these that are a resource hog for the server. Also don't think we should confuse it with the massive fps drops we can get with the changes in flowing water and the resulting light level changes.

But not really that well acquainted with the mechanics of it. Just know that block updates it fluids is bad :p

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Are water filled quarries really that bad? It shouldn't be doing block updates to all the water blocks

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Speaking about QuarryPlus, I am a bit confused about mine in TPPI:
I have a QuarryPlus enchanted with Efficiency V (and only that). In the past this have allowed me to dump 10k+ RF/t into it.
This is also what I arrive at when I calculate the maximum power based on the info from here:
http://yogpstopmcmods.sourceforge.net/en_US/qp/Readme.html
MaxPower=MaxPowerBase*(EfficiencyCoefficient)^(EfficiencyLevel)=300MJ/t*1.3^5=1113MJ/t=11130RF/t

But for some reason my QuarryPlus in TPPI is getting maxed out around 1350RF/t...
Energy Cell feeding tesseract:
WXZT4fz.png

(It stays full at this setting!)

Quarry setup:
6ryfPZI.png

The Quarries energy buffer(when pointing at it) also stays near full.

I looked up the TPPI configs and they are using the default values.

What the heck is going on?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Am I able to use a level emitter with an export bus in AE2?? If yes, how? :)
Yes indeed. That's usually used to keep some amount of an item stocked in the AE system. Say, for example, you wanted to make sure you always have 1024 blocks of glass on hand, and you already have on-demand autocrafting for glass set up. You could place down an ME Interface somewhere, and stick the Export Bus on the side of it. Configure the bus to export glass when given a high redstone signal (which may require a redstone card), give it a crafting card, and place the level emitter in an adjacent block facing the export bus. Configure the level emitter to emit a redstone signal when there are less than 1024 blocks of glass in the network.

Now, whenever there are less than 1024 glass blocks, the level emitter will turn on, turning the export bus on, which will then start crafting up more glass, which then gets dumped into the interface and back into the network.

At least, that was probably the most common use in AE1, but there are certainly others. In AE2 (but NOT AE1; I tested it, it didn't work in that version), if you just want to stock some items, you can simply place a storage bus on an Interface, then tell the Interface to stock the items you want stocked. The storage bus will allow you to access the stocked items, and the interface is smart enough to not refill itself by pulling items from itself.

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
Does Thaumcraft infusion enchanting allow you to stack protection types?

For example: Protection + Blast Protection

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Does Thaumcraft infusion enchanting allow you to stack protection types?

For example: Protection + Blast Protection
No, usual enchantment rules apply, as in no silk touch + fortune, no unbreaking + repair, and no Protection + Blast/Fire/Projectile Protection. There are probibly others as well.

Reactions: Beeze23

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
No, usual enchantment rules apply, as in no silk touch + fortune, no unbreaking + repair, and no Protection + Blast/Fire/Projectile Protection. There are probibly others as well.
Is it a new thing that you cannot do Unbreaking + Repair? Have tons of tools with it up to and including 1.6 (TC4.1)

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Admittedly I use the Osmotic enchanter more than infusion enchanting, so I haven't tested with infusion enchanting.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Hello! So, I have a question: I have customised my FTB Lite 2 by adding, amongst a couple of others, TiCon and in particular Nether Ores.

I have altered the Config for NethOres so that there are no Hellfish spawning, no explosions and no pigmen attacking. Yes, I'm a wimp.

It looks like the Hellfish and explosions settings have worked, but the pigmen are still attacking me when I attempt to mine ores! Is there another mod that adds this behaviour, or some secondary config that might be causing this? Cheers,

- GwnG

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
As far as it remember there are two options: one that makes them always attack, and one that makes them attack when you aren't using silk touch. I'm not sure if they are two separate options though

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Anyone know a good way to get diamonds in GregTech while in the bronze age? I know that diamond ore can be smelted into diamonds, but it requires a diamond-level pickaxe to mine, as do topaz, Thaumcraft shards, and all the other GT ores that give diamond-level gems that I tested. Small diamond ore can be mined with an iron pick, but only drops crushed ore, which requires an electric-powered sifting machine or implosion compressor to get actual diamonds.

HSLA steel works, but there doesn't seem to be any way to obtain it without RotaryCraft, which I don't have, because Resurrection.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
As far as it remember there are two options: one that makes them always attack, and one that makes them attack when you aren't using silk touch. I'm not sure if they are two separate options though

Ah so there may be a config I've missed! Great, I'll make sure I double-check it tonight :) would have done so last night but for an unwell small person :(

Thanks @krazy_kow!