Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Anyone know a good way to get diamonds in GregTech while in the bronze age? I know that diamond ore can be smelted into diamonds, but it requires a diamond-level pickaxe to mine, as do topaz, Thaumcraft shards, and all the other GT ores that give diamond-level gems that I tested. Small diamond ore can be mined with an iron pick, but only drops crushed ore, which requires an electric-powered sifting machine or implosion compressor to get actual diamonds.

HSLA steel works, but there doesn't seem to be any way to obtain it without RotaryCraft, which I don't have, because Resurrection.
You can make a steam powered compressor cant you? and then compress coal chunks?

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know a good way to get diamonds in GregTech while in the bronze age? I know that diamond ore can be smelted into diamonds, but it requires a diamond-level pickaxe to mine, as do topaz, Thaumcraft shards, and all the other GT ores that give diamond-level gems that I tested. Small diamond ore can be mined with an iron pick, but only drops crushed ore, which requires an electric-powered sifting machine or implosion compressor to get actual diamonds.

I could have sworn Thaumcraft shards didn't require such a beefy pick. I got my first diamonds in Infitech2 with a pick made from thaumcraft shards.... But who knows? Different pack, it was a long time ago.... things could be different.

LordFlange1885

Jul 29, 2019
ive no idea if this is where im supposed to post questions but it seems like it.

two simple questions i want to clear a large space of blocks but dont want to have to use nukes, TNT or do it by hand is there a way to do it?

also i'd like to know how to fill in a large area with water, any and all help would be greatly appreciated, using Direwolf20 v1.6.4

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
two simple questions i want to clear a large space of blocks but dont want to have to use nukes, TNT or do it by hand is there a way to do it?
Turtle, Quarry, Filler.
But honestly, with the right tools it is much faster just doing it by hand.

also i'd like to know how to fill in a large area with water, any and all help would be greatly appreciated, using Direwolf20 v1.6.4
BC Floodgate. Place it and pipe in water.

Reactions: LordFlange1885

LordFlange1885

Jul 29, 2019
i was curious if there was a way to do it without building a Quarry as im using Creative mode and just want to clear a large area of space to build.

Nodiri

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys, are the generators from extra utilities in DW20 1.0.3 bugged? They dont transfer energy by contact anymore, but they do transfer by cable.. but if i cant power my alloy smelter, how can i get cables? is there another way? thanks

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Hello guys, are the generators from extra utilities in DW20 1.0.3 bugged? They dont transfer energy by contact anymore, but they do transfer by cable.. but if i cant power my alloy smelter, how can i get cables? is there another way? thanks
There are more power generators than extra utilities, dude. There's the stirling generator from enderIO and a full suite of dynamos in TE.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
You don't need an alloy smelter to make Leadstone Energy Cables. Or Rednet Energy Cable.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I'm not sure if they are two separate options though
They are!

It also turns out I was altering the wrong configs :eek: Rather than being in the ftblauncher folder, the place it was actually loading from was a Temporary Internet Files folder. D'oh!

Configs altered, problem solved :)

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Another option is the old faithful buildcraft con... i mean kinesis pipes. They are still there and work in more or less the same way.

Reactions: Beeze23

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
What's the inFLUX pack all about? I've seen it listed on the modpack changelog page for weeks now, but not seen anything mentioned in the forums here. Is it being 'replaced' by the Infinity/Phoenixcraft kitchen sink pack I see Wyld playing atm?

BarbasTheDog

Jul 29, 2019
It's a vapourware pack (shots fired) that's supposed to feature both tech and magic while not being bloated like Monster and have tweaks to create intermod balance and just in general make the mods integrate well with each other.

At least that's what I understand of it.