Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Without the minecraft mod that direwolf20 did a spotlight on a while back none of this would be possible lol
I don't install any mods DW20 spotlights
emoticon-0122-itwasntme.gif

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Hey, it works. And it doesn't require building pillars hundreds of blocks tall.

I don't install any mods DW20 spotlights
emoticon-0122-itwasntme.gif
Direwolf did a spotlight on this mod called Minecraft that adds tools made of a few materials (such as wood, iron, and diamonds), and lets you build things like 9x9s out of cobblestone... and lapis blocks...
It does a couple other things, too, I've heard, but it's been a while since I watched the video.

(He posted it on April 1, by the way.)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019

Direwolf did a spotlight on this mod called Minecraft that adds tools made of a few materials (such as wood, iron, and diamonds), and lets you build things like 9x9s out of cobblestone... and lapis blocks...
It does a couple other things, too, I've heard, but it's been a while since I watched the video.

You don't need massive pillars...

And I heard of the vanilla mod, and begrudgingly use it... but disable most of the recipes where possible ;)

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019

Yep that's the mod VANILLA lol

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any engine/dynamo or machine which can power up a wooden waterproof pipe with RF as input?
Redstone engine isnt enought for it and I just dont want to use more pipes to transfer lava on a magmatic dynamo..

2015_01_20_23_32_01.jpg

Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Is there any engine/dynamo or machine which can power up a wooden kinesis pipe with RF as input?
Redstone engine isnt enought for it and I just dont want to use more pipes to transfer lava on a magmatic dynamo..

2015_01_20_23_32_01.jpg
Wait, what are you trying to do? The picture's broken, so it's hard to see what's going on.

First off, what pack are you using, and, more importantly, what version of Buildcraft? One of the fairly recent updates changed the kinesis pipes so that they transfer RF instead of MJ, meaning that any old dynamo or BC/Forestry/Railcraft engine can feed RF into the wooden kinesis pipes.

If, however, you meant "wooden waterproof pipe", the answer isn't as simple. You may be able to power it by placing a TE energy cell next to it set to output power, although this may not work since I last tested it back in the days of TE2, before RF even existed.

If dumping more power into the pipe still doesn't do what you want, try replacing the wooden waterproof pipe with an emerald waterproof pipe. These have four times the capacity of the wooden pipes, same as gold. Your bottleneck may be not the engine, but the pipe itself.

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, what are you trying to do? The picture's broken, so it's hard to see what's going on.

First off, what pack are you using, and, more importantly, what version of Buildcraft? One of the fairly recent updates changed the kinesis pipes so that they transfer RF instead of MJ, meaning that any old dynamo or BC/Forestry/Railcraft engine can feed RF into the wooden kinesis pipes.

If, however, you meant "wooden waterproof pipe", the answer isn't as simple. You may be able to power it by placing a TE energy cell next to it set to output power, although this may not work since I last tested it back in the days of TE2, before RF even existed.

If dumping more power into the pipe still doesn't do what you want, try replacing the wooden waterproof pipe with an emerald waterproof pipe. These have four times the capacity of the wooden pipes, same as gold. Your bottleneck may be not the engine, but the pipe itself.

Yeah sorry, I mean "waterproof pipe" Im pumping water to a chemical descomposer
And yes I have the recent update, BC pipes transfer RF Im playing the "Ultra modded surival 2" Modpack
I think Im gonna use a energy cell thanks :)

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
Is there any engine/dynamo or machine which can power up a wooden kinesis pipe with RF as input?

2015_01_20_23_32_01.jpg
Connect redstone engines directly. You cannot connect redstone engines to kinesis pipes since 6.1.2 due to the RF move.

You can use EnderIO fluid conduits. It's much better than BC pipes

Also much more expensive.

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
You can use EnderIO fluid conduits. It's much better than BC pipes

I had never tried them, but it seems to be a good solution, I didnt mind if they are expensive, Im on mid-late game

Connect redstone engines directly. You cannot connect redstone engines to kinesis pipes since 6.1.2 due to the RF move.

Also much more expensive.

I made a mistake, I said "kinesis" but I mean "waterproof pipes", I want them to tranposrt water into a chemical descomposer without a lot of engines/pipes

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
another question, is there a mod with a RF reader? like the EU reader of IC2 which read the amount of power running through a cable? (pipe)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is there another way to get the Natura cloud blocks needed for rhn's gates? That's what I was referring to with the massive pillar thing, which, in retrospect, wasn't very clear.
Flying? Jetpacks, power armour, morph, magic mods, whatever other mods supply it. You can also often find find Sulfur and Ash clouds in the Nether close to "land".

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
another question, is there a mod with a RF reader? like the EU reader of IC2 which read the amount of power running through a cable? (pipe)
EnderIO has the Power Monitor, but it requires you to run all the power through it by use of EnderIO conduits I think.

You can also always use a TE energy cell. Just dial the output all the way up and then probe with the input setting until you find the balance point between the cell gaining power and loosing power. If your power throughput is larger than the capabilities of a single cell, you can always use multiple in parallel or just use multiple connections on the same cell.

Reactions: Miguel1118

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Question:
Has anyone discovered a way of getting AE1 ME interfaces to stop exporting partial crafting ingredients before it have all the materials needed for the craft? Getting tired of it exporting half of the materials into a machine, thereby blocking the possibility of crafting the rest of the stuff needed for example.

A good example is if you try to automate a EnderIO Alloy Smelter to craft Vibrant Alloy. When you queue the craft the first thing it does is exporting the Ender Pearl into the Smelter. Next it now want to queue the Energetic Alloy(made in the same Alloy smelter). If you do not have Blocking mode on it will dump the redstone, glowstone or gold in along with the enderpearl. With Blocking Mode it just halts doing nothing...

This rather stupid behaviour forces you to have separate machines for each such craft...

I have realised that I can use the Gregtech Advanced Regulator to avoid multiples of the same item(like many IC2 Compressor recipes) from being exported into the machine before the correct amount have been met. The real problem is in recipes that involve different kinds of items(like for TE Induction Smelters, EIO Alloy smelters etc.)

Last edited:

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
Has anyone discovered a way of getting AE1 ME interfaces to stop exporting partial crafting ingredients before it have all the materials needed for the craft? Getting tired of it exporting half of the materials into a machine, thereby blocking the possibility of crafting the rest of the stuff needed for example.

A good example is if you try to automate a EnderIO Alloy Smelter to craft Vibrant Alloy. When you queue the craft the first thing it does is exporting the Ender Pearl into the Smelter. Next it now want to queue the Energetic Alloy(made in the same Alloy smelter). If you do not have Blocking mode on it will dump the redstone, glowstone or gold in along with the enderpearl. With Blocking Mode it just halts doing nothing...

This rather stupid behaviour forces you to have separate machines for each such craft...

I have realised that I can use the Gregtech Advanced Regulator to avoid multiples of the same item(like many IC2 Compressor recipes) from being exported into the machine before the correct amount have been met. The real problem is in recipes that involve different kinds of items(like for TE Induction Smelters, EIO Alloy smelters etc.)
i think the easiest way is to have one machine per recipe you want to automate

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
i think the easiest way is to have one machine per recipe you want to automate
You don't necessarily need that. Two alloy smelters should be enough for this process.
I'm really glad that AE2 is smarter in this respect.