Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
There is something wrong with applecore...

Also, could you use pastebin in future? It makes stuff a little easier to read
can do with the Pastebin. Is there anything I can do to fix the problem?o_O Found the problem. I have two different Apple Cores. Shouldn't of happened, at the very least should of told me.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
can do with the Pastebin. Is there anything I can do to fix the problem?o_O Found the problem. I have two different Apple Cores. Shouldn't of happened, at the very least should of told me.
2 of them... Minecraft should have had a bigger hissy fit than it did o_O

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
I just tried to put something on Pastebin. Was not happy about it. "You have exceeded the maximum file size of 512 Kilobytes per post. PRO users don't have this limit!" After I removed the second apple core, as well as a second IguanaTinnkerTweak... I can't load the game at all. goes to a black screen. Not even to the Mojang screen. I don't get a crash log. the Log I got was 1,591 KB.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Well post it if it's too big... but it's just a hassle for people when you always put the file, as they have to remove it at a later date

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
There was a block in some mod somewhere that lets players go through it but kept mobs from going through. Wasn't there a block in some mod somewhere that lets mobs go through but kept players from going through? (Like what's it called and what mod is it in?):confused:

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
There was a block in some mod somewhere that lets players go through it but kept mobs from going through. Wasn't there a block in some mod somewhere that lets mobs go through but kept players from going through? (Like what's it called and what mod is it in?):confused:
Extra Utilities adds the first block. Dunno about the second

Reactions: LostBMe

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
For the first one, there's Ethereal Glass, Ineffable Glass, and Dark Ethereal Glass from ExtraUtilities. The regular ethereal glass was the first type added by the mod, but is kind of hard to see through. Ineffable glass has connected textures, and the dark glass doesn't let light through, but still lets you see through it.

For the second... the first thing that comes to mind is RFTools' shield system, which seems to be a highly configurable forcefield-ish thing that I have no idea how to use.

Fraggie001

Jul 29, 2019
Playing DW 1.7 atm and i am having trouble with AE2
I cant get a fuzzy export bus to export flux capacitor and enery cells
It works when it has the exact same of ammount of RF otherwise its not doing anything ;-(
Does AE2 fuzzy card not support NBT ?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
It is probably not what you are looking for, but due to the nature of blocks that cause you to step up a bit and mob/player height you can block access for players and player height mobs. For example by "capping" Natura Cloud blocks:
WutsUjN.png

This way you could have walls that would be solid for players(and zombies etc.) but not for animals like pigs, sheep and cows.

You can also make oneway passageways by capping the clouds with microblocks:
sFnAg8u.png

This will allow players to pass from left to right, but not the opposite direction.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
You can also do that with soul sand or blocks the same height as redstone repeaters. Or at least you can in MC 1.7.10 and earlier; I just tested in vanilla 1.8 because I couldn't be bothered to wait for modpacks to load, and it didn't work.

All the gateways in this screenshot can only be traversed by player-height mobs left to right (tested in vanilla 1.7.10):
2015-01-20_19.32.44.png

It seems that the repeater doorways are actually more effective than the more traditional soul sand doorway. If you jump at just the right time, you can make it through the soul sand gate backward, but I had no such luck with the repeaters. However, if the intent is to keep the creeps and skellies out of your base in such a way that you can still get in while you're being chased, the soul sand just might be preferable.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
You can also do that with soul sand or blocks the same height as redstone repeaters. Or at least you can in MC 1.7.10 and earlier; I just tested in vanilla 1.8 because I couldn't be bothered to wait for modpacks to load, and it didn't work.

All the gateways in this screenshot can only be traversed by player-height mobs left to right (tested in vanilla 1.7.10):
View attachment 14289
It seems that the repeater doorways are actually more effective than the more traditional soul sand doorway. If you jump at just the right time, you can make it through the soul sand gate backward, but I had no such luck with the repeaters. However, if the intent is to keep the creeps and skellies out of your base in such a way that you can still get in while you're being chased, the soul sand just might be preferable.
They actually were asking the opposite. Because they could use etheral glass so that they could walk through, but mobs couldn't, however they want mobs to walk through but players cant

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
They actually were asking the opposite. Because they could use etheral glass so that they could walk through, but mobs couldn't, however they want mobs to walk through but players cant
Yeah, I know, I just couldn't resist posting a vanilla "solution" after rhn posted his cloud block thing.

In any case, the only thing I know of that actually answers the OP's question would have to be these blocks in RFTools.

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
Without the minecraft mod that direwolf20 did a spotlight on a while back none of this would be possible lol