Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry - Treealyzer
What do the following attributes stand for?
Saplings? (I assume chance of receiving a sapling from a decaying leaf?)
Yield?
Sappiness?
Growth?
How important are Native, Tolerates, Supports?

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Will the wither drop a star if it is killed by a cobblestone generator?
Are there any other ways to automate it's death, with all the mods in the game, it has to be possible, right?

ff255away

Jul 29, 2019
Which mod is it that identifies the block your cursor is hovering over in the upper right hand corner of the screen?
Is this configurable/can I turn it off?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Will the wither drop a star if it is killed by a cobblestone generator?
Are there any other ways to automate it's death, with all the mods in the game, it has to be possible, right?

Dont know about how it would even be possable to kill it with a cobblestone generator so no idea.

But yeah you can use force Feilds. Atypical has a whole video on how to completely autmatic the spawning, killing, and farming of the wither.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Dont know about how it would even be possable to kill it with a cobblestone generator so no idea.

But yeah you can use force Feilds. Atypical has a whole video on how to completely autmatic the spawning, killing, and farming of the wither.
Cool, I was going to make one of those myself, that had deployers and soul shards and quarries. I still haven't been able to find anything that hasn't been done before! *Back to the drawing board*

blueone

Jul 29, 2019
What is forcicium usefull for ?

Can I fill up shards with soul cage spawners by killing the mobs myself ?

ff255away

Jul 29, 2019
What is forcicium usefull for ?

Can I fill up shards with soul cage spawners by killing the mobs myself ?
Forcicium is useful for the MFFS mod, its what powers your forcefields.

If I'm understanding you correctly, mobs killed that spawn from a soul cage spawner do not contribute towards the souls on a soul shard.

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any reason while playing on SSP water would lag out and require me to restart my world? (as in quit and go back into my world) I was mining and then I also started having VERY bad lag, like 'server' lag. Does anyone know why?
It's probably Optifine. Make sure you have 1.4.6 C3 or later.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
How many "classic" forestry wheat farms does it take to generate enough biofuel for a 27LP Railcraft boiler? I'm at four farms + 1 fermenter and 2 stills.. and am still not generating enough. I would prefer to only use wheat, so please do not suggest to start on peat or the likes. Thanks. ;)
[EDIT]
That is unless the answer is along the lines of "Oh, about twentyseven or fourtyeight separate farms". Then I would indeed switch to another biofuel system. :D

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Which mod is it that identifies the block your cursor is hovering over in the upper right hand corner of the screen?
Is this configurable/can I turn it off?
That is NEI. Open the options menu (located in the lower left corner when you open your inventory) and read the third button on the left side: "Highlight Tips shown". Click it to switch over to "hidden" and the hover tooltip is gone. =)

Reactions: ff255away

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Forcicium is useful for the MFFS mod, its what powers your forcefields.

If I'm understanding you correctly, mobs killed that spawn from a soul cage spawner do not contribute towards the souls on a soul shard.

If you have ever been killed on SMP by one of these mobs, it will not say "Skeleton". It will say something weird like "entity.soulshards.skeleton" and you'll get embarrassed because you really should be putting these mobs somewhere safe :p

vasouv

Jul 29, 2019
If i decide to remove a mod that has already added worldgen, do I have to delete that save and start a fresh world?

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
No, you will just end up with a lots of ugly holes in your world. Everything that belonged to that mod will be replaced by air.

Reactions: vasouv

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
There could be some way to replace it all with stone so mining's not awkward.

Imagine: A stone rubber tree from RedPower o.o