Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
If you make book enchants do you have a chance of getting any enchant in the mod pack even ones only available for say, a wand? Are the chances for each enchant the same or are some weighted higher?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
If you make book enchants do you have a chance of getting any enchant in the mod pack even ones only available for say, a wand? Are the chances for each enchant the same or are some weighted higher?

Not sure about the TC ones but every other mod that adds enchants you can get from the default enchanting table can and do show up on books. I got a few soul stealing books and a disjunction right now in my colloction.

Reactions: MFINN23

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to use sulfur goo as fertilizer for Steve's Carts? I've seen it said it's used as bonemeal but I can't find anything on that and we need it for our Farms.

K, it's effectively used as bonemeal but is there any way to use it in Steve's Carts?

Or for that matter, Fermenters?

Herrozerro

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way to flip the arcane levitator? rather then pushing from the top suck from the bottom?

Herrozerro

Jul 29, 2019
I placed a warded stone block recently and it seems like nothing i can do will get it back up, is there a bug or do i just need to keep at it?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Newer Thaumcraft versions require you to use your wand to pick them back up, similar to how you need it to pick up golems instead of destroying them. (Remember to try shiftclicks and other variants as well)

Herrozerro

Jul 29, 2019
Newer Thaumcraft versions require you to use your wand to pick them back up, similar to how you need it to pick up golems instead of destroying them. (Remember to try shiftclicks and other variants as well)
much easier! thanks!

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
The warded stone change was to make it literally ubreakable in survival in any way except by the person that placed it.

@Setari: Sulfur Goo won't work in Steve's Carts. Xycraft would either need to Ore Dictionary the goo with bonemeal (dearlordpleaseno) or Steve's Carts would need to add sulfur goo as a cross-mod supported item.

TehAnder

Jul 29, 2019
Actually this might sound weird but i'm kinda courious, what happens when you quarry a star fissure?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
What is the "normal" way to split one type of input into multiple shunts evenly (or on other ratios). Practical application: I want 1/4 of my wheat to be made into bread, 1/4 of my wheat to be kept in storage, and 1/2 of it to be biofuel'd.

And yes, I know wheat is not the best choice for this. It's just what I have right now.

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
What is the "normal" way to split one type of input into multiple shunts evenly (or on other ratios). Practical application: I want 1/4 of my wheat to be made into bread, 1/4 of my wheat to be kept in storage, and 1/2 of it to be biofuel'd.

And yes, I know wheat is not the best choice for this. It's just what I have right now.

You could set up a sorting machine to funnel in all of your wheat and send it out to 3 seperate destinations. I'm unsure of the exact settings while at work, but you could use the collumn selector to send out 1 wheat to white, 1 to blue, and 2 to green for instance.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
You could set up a sorting machine to funnel in all of your wheat and send it out to 3 seperate destinations. I'm unsure of the exact settings while at work, but you could use the collumn selector to send out 1 wheat to white, 1 to blue, and 2 to green for instance.

Seems like a dedicated sorting machine to get the flexible proportions. I was hoping for a more elegant solution. For EVEN splits, transposers and a randomizer should work...

I was hoping there would be a more elegant solution.

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
Tubes with equidistant possible inventories will average out to 50% going each way over time. So, from your wheat input, have your storage output and your processing output equidistant, then from that processing output, have a split to your biofuel refinery and your bakeshop equidistant. This is difficult to design naturally, and quite a fun challenge. Alternative, you can easily pull it off with ender chests / tesseracts, for a larger resource investment.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Simple question time: what happens to a phial filled with essence when I throw it in lava? What about void pipes? I'm mostly interested in any flux generation.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Simple question time: what happens to a phial filled with essence when I throw it in lava? What about void pipes? I'm mostly interested in any flux generation.

Nothing.

Aspects don't bleed out if your destory the item. Just like if you tossed it out and let it despawn. it is a safe way to get rid of unwanted over stock.

The same is true with filled wared jars you can toss those sucks in lava to with no ill effect.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
The same is true with filled wared jars you can toss those sucks in lava to with no ill effect.
Wait, can I pick up a warded jar with essence inside? I always assumed that breaking it would release it into the air and cause Fun.

I am building a steady stockpile of jars filled with 64 "tree", "stone", "dirt", "death", and other such useless aspects, and I'm wondering what's the most environmentally friendly way to dispose of them.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, can I pick up a warded jar with essence inside? I always assumed that breaking it would release it into the air and cause Fun.

I am building a steady stockpile of jars filled with 64 "tree", "stone", "dirt", "death", and other such useless aspects, and I'm wondering what's the most environmentally friendly way to dispose of them.

Yep pick those suckers up. I take my extras at but them in chests.