Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

blueone

Jul 29, 2019
How do the pneumatic tubes and transposer work, I attached a chest at both the beiginning and end of the tubes with a transposer between, sent a redstone signal but it doesn't work.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Simple question: Do you ever get enraged with modmakers and swear to yourself you're going to make a open source, cleanroom implementation of the important features of their mod?[DOUBLEPOST=1360097825][/DOUBLEPOST]
How do the pneumatic tubes and transposer work, I attached a chest at both the beiginning and end of the tubes with a transposer between, sent a redstone signal but it doesn't work.

Transposers only pull things from adjacent inventories. So the configuration you want to ensure is:
(origin chest) (transposer) ====tubes==== (destination chest)

The transposer needs to be oriented correctly. Play with it so you understand what side does what. A screwdriver twists it.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
The transposer needs to be directly beside the chest, with the big hole (kinda looking like a +) towards the chest, and the small hole facing the tubes. On each rising edge of the redstone signal, it will pull one item out. A continous redstone signal (like a lever) will pull exactly one item.

Another thing: A transposer in the middle of a tube line can function as a valve: give it a continous redstone signal to refuse any input, thus making this path of your tube netwerk temporarily not available as a target for your stuff.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Use a timer, just set it not too fast, your server admin will thank you. If possible use a filter to pull bigger stacks more seldomly instead of pulling one by one more often.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Build a timer (it is called that in NEI) and set it down next to the transposer so that it points at it.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Can I do this?

===tube===(item tesseract) . . . (item tesseract)===tube===

Or does the receiving tesseract need a relay to output into?

blueone

Jul 29, 2019
Another question: what is the best way to give wireless redstone signals to a spawner in the sky ( if that's possible ) ?

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Can I do this?

===tube===(item tesseract) . . . (item tesseract)===tube===

Or does the receiving tesseract need a relay to output into?

If the mechanics for Tesseract output is the same as that for Liquid Transposers, yes, you do need a Relay Chest or a Transposer.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
How do I make it pulling out items constantly automatic.
I recommend doing something like this:

W1o4O6Z.png

The gate is just a normal Gate, the condition is set to Inventory Empty --> Redstone signal. Therefore the timer won't be ticking when it's not needed.

Simple question: Do you ever get enraged with modmakers and swear to yourself you're going to make a open source, cleanroom implementation of the important features of their mod?
Modmakers, not that I remember... but FTB devs, damnit. I had high expectations about FTB, but so far the only thing differentiating it from the other pack is the lack of internet hate. I have pretty specific ideas about a universal mod launcher, but meh, laziness.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
If the mechanics for Tesseract output is the same as that for Liquid Transposers, yes, you do need a Relay Chest or a Transposer.

Thanks for the info. Too bad, I'd like to have skipped on timers or autopulling inventories if possible since they're among the more resource-hungry things.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing except for RP machines can send items into tubes. This is not a rule of thumb, this is a 100% accurate fact.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Considering the age of cross-mod compatibility we're entering, asking never hurts ;) Especially since King Lemming is on a quest to minimize server load wherever possible.

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any reason while playing on SSP water would lag out and require me to restart my world? (as in quit and go back into my world) I was mining and then I also started having VERY bad lag, like 'server' lag. Does anyone know why?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Define "lag". You can talk to five different people about lag and each one will give that name to a completely different phenomenon which all have different causes.

Are you getting low FPS? Does your character react slowly when you press buttons? Does your world suffer from a low tickrate? Is it something else?

In Minecraft 1.3, the game was rewritten to eliminate code differences between singleplayer and multiplayer, of which there were a lot. The advantage is that it is now much easier to open your singleplayer up for friends to join you in, and mod makers no longer need to develop two different versions of the same mod just to support multiplayer. The disadvantage is that even a singleplayer world now runs on a local server process, with all the downsides that entails, like syncing problems.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Define "lag". You can talk to five different people about lag and each one will give that name to a completely different phenomenon which all have different causes.

Are you getting low FPS? Does your character react slowly when you press buttons? Does your world suffer from a low tickrate? Is it something else?
I wish we could start like an internet awareness campaign about this or something... :-|

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
No low FPS, purely internet-like lag. Like breaking a block and it instantly reappearing. Character reactions are fine I believe, but if I probably went and hit a mob it'd probably lag the damage. It's all well and good for this new server thing from 1.3 and I've never had a problem with it before up until now. I've played hours of SSP with FTB before starting my close friend's server on my machine and now it's lagging like there's not enough internet to go around in my household... at 3:30 AM, which there is lol.

Although I had the server running... I closed it out and I THINK it's fine now. Which is weird because I've played SSP with it running before and it was fine. :\

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, either syncing issues or low tickrate, although we can only guess without seeing it.

The latter can be caused by a maxed-out CPU, meaning that your world cannot complete all the calculations per tick necessary to keep your world running at realtime speed. Things can get very messy from there.

High CPU load can be caused by other programs (such as antivirus activity, program updates etc.) running in the background. There's also a known glitch with liquid updates; when there is a lot of liquid that needs to calculate a new path to flow down, it can really bog down the client. This can get nasty with quarries where people intentionally place water inside the quarry, which then glitches out when a fast-moving quarry keeps digging out the blocks it tries to flow on. This is a vanilla bug, mind you, it's just that the quarry provokes it. Nukes and other large explosions near liquid do as well.

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I really don't think it's my CPU load, my computer is pretty beast but I should get some tools to check it just in case. I have Avast! Free Edition for my antivirus, and it's never scanning for viruses unless I tell it to. Also we had a LOT of liquid on our server in a quarry, and I had to empty it out, but the game played still perfect while it was emptying. And I definitely don't have a quarry on my SSP... lol.

Though last night after I closed the server .jar interface everything was smooth from there. So I think it was that. Maybe it's time to look into paying a host for my MC server...

Okay that's odd, now it's doing it without the server even being open.

And now it's making my trees not work right with bonemeal...