Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
What if I used TE's Aqueous Accumulator? With an electrical engine and a redstone conduit, I could put my excess energy into liquid transposers. An aqueous accumulator would fill it with water. Are they similar to geo gens in where they eat your tin cans? Or could I pump them out when done?

And....a router? What's that?

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
An accumulator + transposer combo would work just as well, if you don't mind sacrificing that little bit of power.

Routers are from Factorization.

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
Routers would actually be a brilliant idea, I think.

I'm pretty sure that water mills eat your tin cans though, so you'd have to either just deal with sacrificing some tin, or find a way to make it work with buckets.

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
tubes! deployer to fill bucket, filter pulls full bucket from deployer to tube network, retriever pulls empty bucket from water mills to deployer. One RP2 solar panel, one batbox, and one timer to get it running 24/7

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
I have one:

I have built a tree farm using Steves carts. Everything on THAT end is fine. But I would like to use RP2's manager to keep the "load charcoal into the engine" cargo manager set to "Has 1 Stack of charcoal inside all times". Now here is the problem: The RP-Manager works as expected when there is MORE than 1 stack inside the cargo manager (e.g., pulling the excess charcoal out and send it to a nearby chest), but it is not restocking, once there is LESS than a full stack inside the cargo manager. is there something I am missing?

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
you need a manager on the other end where the charcoal is that's a lower priority and is allowed to have charcoal in it

Reactions: Freakscar

TehAnder

Jul 29, 2019
Does setting up a mob farm in Mystcraft void age work? I mean, can mobs even spawn? I remember i had problems with that in past but i just might have done something wrong..

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
I don't think void ages prevent mobs from spawning. There are a number of other Mystcraft mechanics that could, though. Like Eternal Day, for example.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
mob farms in void ages are easier to set up then mob farms in the overworld because you don't have any caves to light up so the only place for them to spawn would be in whatever dark room you make

TehAnder

Jul 29, 2019
mob farms in void ages are easier to set up then mob farms in the overworld because you don't have any caves to light up so the only place for them to spawn would be in whatever dark room you make
Yeah i know, i just wanted to know is it possible or not cause mobs didnt spawn in my pevious void age :)

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to leave The End without killing the Ender Dragon or dying, when you do not have Mystcraft linkbooks available?

I thought I'd go and ask this before I foolishly wander into the portal... ;)

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to leave The End without killing the Ender Dragon or dying, when you do not have Mystcraft linkbooks available?

I thought I'd go and ask this before I foolishly wander into the portal... ;)
Only thing I can think of is admin commands. You might try building a Twillight Forest portal. A nether portal doesn't work.

If you just want to keep your inventory, you can stuff everything on you into an enderchest and jump off. You will be able to retrieve it from an enderchest with the same code in the overworld when you respawn. You can't carry over experience this way though (but you can build an enchanting station in the End and enderchest enchanted tools).

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
At the moment I'm just concerned with finding out about the various GregTech end ores... and maybe getting a few pearls. The enderchest idea is brilliant, thanks :D

FivEven

Jul 29, 2019
elsum.png
It's about efficiency, not about time needed. When you don't quary or use any automatic mining devices, you want to get the most out of your ores. There is no other method I am aware of that gives an (average) of 300% output with no outside inputs (rich slag). And I don't mind throwing ores in the machine and getting my ingots the next day, I always maintain a healthy storage.
I like how this setup looks!
Right now I'm trying to make a similar setup with the DW20 pack but the routers are acting strange... The routers try to fill all 3 rows of crystalizers on a side. Did you have similar issues and how did you overcome them?
Thanks for any guidance you can offer!

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure the sets of machines do not touch sides anywhere. The right side consists of six independent "networks" of machines, one for each metal. If you connect them anywhere, the routers will get confused and start putting things everywhere.

FivEven

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure the sets of machines do not touch sides anywhere. The right side consists of six independent "networks" of machines, one for each metal. If you connect them anywhere, the routers will get confused and start putting things everywhere.

You can see here that I'm roughly trying out the crystalizer setup. (Left to right: 1 filter, 1 router to input into routers, 5 routers to input into crystalizer slots, 1 router to extract crystals and eject to relay.
I had machine filters on most of the routers, which might have been a problem, but the issue persists and puts items in the row below. Are the heaters acting to "connect" the network?

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
I assume there are two relays hidden between the routers on the right side? If so, they are connecting the networks.

I'm happy you like the setup. :)

FivEven

Jul 29, 2019
I assume there are two relays hidden between the routers on the right side? If so, they are connecting the networks.

I'm happy you like the setup. :)

Ahh, that was indeed the issue! I did not think that they would connect these networks. Still strange, but I'll continue to figure it out.
Thank you!