Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I didnt see a button anywhere but what i did find is that a power suit can be made invisible with some sort of module

IIRC the appearance section actually was removed from the table and placed on a hotkey. I suggest searching the keybinds menu to find it.

Reactions: Mevansuto

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
And one more question (maybe) is there an updated version of the permissions spreadsheet because i dont see some of the mods of 1.6.4 namely among them simply jetpacks.
Just go get the permissions yourself. Honestly, I made a pack with >200 mods in and I only had to send about 4 PMs. Mosts mods give you blanket permission or are open source.

Cronos988

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else got problems finding Ars Magicka 2's Aum in FTB Horizons? I just scoured a huge Witchwood forest, hundreds of trees, and found not a single aum. There were lots of other plants, including AM2 Blue Orchids, but no Aum. That seems weird.

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
Update:

The changelog for the launcher version 1.4.2 says:

So there's the problem. Duh. Something doesn't have proper unicode support there.
Oh! That would be Windows -- its handling of extended characters in filenames is very weird, and it's very likely Java gets confused. That clears things up immensely, thank you.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I used to call it Veess like a French person.

Oh boy! A chance to be a grammar n#$i in French!

Vis, on it's own, is pronounced "vee" with a silent s, as a lot of terminal letters are (Example: Sil Vous Plait; "If you please", pronounced "see voo play"). What you are probably referring to is the phrase "vis a vis" (Vis a vee, or "eye to eye", "mind to mind", etc. in various translations), where the first "s" is pronounced because the next letter is a vowel, and the second is silent because there is no next letter.

Knowing is half the Battle! - GI Joe

Last edited:

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Oh boy! A chance to be a grammar n#$i in French!

Vis, on it's own, is pronounced "vee" with a silent s, as a lot of terminal letters are (Example: Sil Vous Plait; "If you please", pronounced "see voo play"). What you are probably referring to is the phrase "vis a vis" (Vis a vee, or "eye to eye", "mind to mind", etc. in various translations), where the first "s" is pronounced because the next letter is a vowel, and the second is silent because there is no next letter.

Knowing is half the Battle! - GI Joe
I pronounce "vis" and the aspect names like I learned in Latin class, which is basically like in German. It's a bit unfamiliar for me when I hear DW20 saying them.

Reactions: Narc

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I pronounce "vis" and the aspect names like I learned in Latin class, which is basically like in German. It's a bit unfamiliar for me when I hear DW20 saying them.

I know what you mean... I love the videos but cringe every time he says "lapeez" instead of "lapiss" :D

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so I bet all of you are going to groan when you hear this but..... What is the mod that adds microblocks and can someone point me to it?

Quayludious

Jul 29, 2019
Routers, Nuclear Reactors, AE Systems:
So I've been playing with setting up a system of 5 reactors and a series of cooling reactors so I can swap out 'hot' 60k coolant cells for fresh ones. I'm using autarchic iron gates on the reactors so I can check for 'inventory full'->redstone signal and 'redpipe signal'->redstone signal so if the reactor is not full or the power switch is not on, the reactor is off. This covers if the reactor gets a tick in while the system is pulling out fuel or 60k coolant cells.

My question is I think the only point of failure I have is if the actual applied energistics system goes down for some reason. I can handle if I don't have fuel/coolant cells to put INTO the reactor, it simply will shut off but if there is no ME system to tell the fuzzy import buses to pull spent coolant cells OUT of the system I'm boned and it's going to cause a mess.

any ideas?

Xheotris

Jul 29, 2019
Well, itemducts can filter according to nbt values, I think. Those are pretty painless to set up for keeping things full.

Viperidae

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys!
I just got my Modular powersuit fully operational, with glider, energy fields, jetpack, etc.
Thing is, my flight speed is way too slow and whenever I look down it just instantaneously drops to the floor. Can someone help me solve this?

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys!
I just got my Modular powersuit fully operational, with glider, energy fields, jetpack, etc.
Thing is, my flight speed is way too slow and whenever I look down it just instantaneously drops to the floor. Can someone help me solve this?
sounds like you have flight control...I recommend putting that on a keybind. Flight speed is probably thrust look at the tinker table to see how much you have put to it

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Does Mariculture have any worldgen? if so, how can I retrogen it?
Mariculture has non-retrogenable worldgen.[DOUBLEPOST=1405441875][/DOUBLEPOST]
You can use MCEdit to delete all the chunks where you haven't build anything, when you log back in it will regen those chunks.
This is bad if you installed any extra mods because you will experience weird things.