Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Where could I find a download for 4.1.0f? On the thaumcraft page there's only 4.1.0g
If all else fails, you could open a separate instance of the launcher and download Monster 1.1.0 as that or "e" is the version it uses, iirc.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
What should one do if they run out of saplings early on in Agrarian Skies? I mismanaged my saplings a little in exchange for food and dirt and I thought I would get at least one sapling from the 20+ leaves. NOPE, the random number generator decided to shaft me.

If there is no legit way to get more, I would like to know opinions on:

A. Cheating an extra oak sapling in.

B. Transferring all my gained progress to a new world.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
What should one do if they run out of saplings early on in Agrarian Skies? I mismanaged my saplings a little in exchange for food and dirt and I thought I would get at least one sapling from the 20+ leaves. NOPE, the random number generator decided to shaft me.

If you have some dirt spare you can get the various vanilla saplings as ExN seeds through sifting dirt

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019

If you have a cobble gen then I'm pretty sure sifting sand gets you exotic seeds which are jungle saplings

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
If you have some dirt spare you can get the various vanilla saplings as ExN seeds through sifting dirt

Thanks for the advice but I sifted my three pieces of dirt (I am early game) and didn't get any seeds.

I really wish Agrarian Skies was like the old FTB Pyramid map where you could get a new starter kit if you waited 5 minutes.[DOUBLEPOST=1399592573][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you have a cobble gen then I'm pretty sure sifting sand gets you exotic seeds which are jungle saplings

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Sifted my remaining sand and got just some dusts. Things are looking gloomy.

Edit: I got an exotic seed on my last piece of dirt. I have tree's but no dirt. Curse you oh Jaded one.

Last edited:

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently level 17 in ars magica, any good low level spells besides dig and life tap? I tried making a lightning spell but it costs me around 130 mana per cast...

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently level 17 in ars magica, any good low level spells besides dig and life tap? I tried making a lightning spell but it costs me around 130 mana per cast...
I just use dig and time my casts. AM2 is designed to limit the experience you get from chain casting any one spell; if you use Dig but wait for your mana to regen completely between each cast, it goes quite quickly.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Reactions: hisagishi

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Taking a look at Tinkers' Steelworks tonight for the first time, via Agrarian Skies.

The most recent tutorial videos I've seen show an input slot at the top-left corner of the GUI, where you can put your iron-to-be-transformed-to-steel. I don't have this slot.

Is my High Oven missing something?

I also notice that if I feed it blocks of charcoal (to center slot) and hit the controller with a lever, it doesn't start heating it up.

Its a 3-tall high-oven with the center block missing, as instructed.

Feeling dumb and frustrated; any assistance appreciated. :\

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Taking a look at Tinkers' Steelworks tonight for the first time, via Agrarian Skies.

The most recent tutorial videos I've seen show an input slot at the top-left corner of the GUI, where you can put your iron-to-be-transformed-to-steel. I don't have this slot.

Is my High Oven missing something?

I also notice that if I feed it blocks of charcoal (to center slot) and hit the controller with a lever, it doesn't start heating it up.

Its a 3-tall high-oven with the center block missing, as instructed.

Feeling dumb and frustrated; any assistance appreciated. :\
Have you made the book? It's the original tcon book with seared stone poured over it. It may have the answers you seek

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
I just use dig and time my casts. AM2 is designed to limit the experience you get from chain casting any one spell; if you use Dig but wait for your mana to regen completely between each cast, it goes quite quickly.

aha, yes thats working nicely. Thanks.

Also... What are your guyses thoughts about adding pixelmon to a pack in general?

Last edited:

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone know a way to "fix" a world that crashes on start up (thaks to mystcraft)
Restore the backup that of course you have! =P

Failing that, MCEdit or Minecraft Region Fixer MAY be able to help, or deleting the offending MystCraft age outright. Emphasis on may.

sir dew drop

Jul 29, 2019
Restore the backup that of course you have! =P

Failing that, MCEdit or Minecraft Region Fixer MAY be able to help, or deleting the offending MystCraft age outright. Emphasis on may.

thanks, this is just me being lazy but since i dont know sh!t about coding could a .bat file be used to automatically back up worlds

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
thanks, this is just me being lazy but since i dont know sh!t about coding could a .bat file be used to automatically back up worlds
Easier way is to use plugins. It requires some configuration to not eat your entire hard drive, but I use Forge Server Tools for ours.