Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Have anyone put together any kind of JVM arguments for the 1.6 packs yet? Just updated Monster from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 and went from it running great to it running like utter crap with constant fps freezes every 5-10 secs. Used memory is just racing up and down...

Reactions: Pyure

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I cant even load it without this.
Code:
-Xms3G -Xmx3G -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled

Reactions: Pyure

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I cant even load it without this.
Code:
-Xms3G -Xmx3G -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled
Cool, but was more looking for launcher arguments since I am playing in singleplayer.

Carsson

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to use Opis in SSP (FTB Monster 1.1.1). Recently fps in my base went down and I would like to track down the cause, without braking every machine I added in the past week.

markinho19

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing the direwolf20 pack,and it got updated yesterday,after that i dont have the minimap anymore.Anyone know how to fix this?I searched the controls and there's no key for the minimap.I got stuck in the nether and cant get out -.- Help pls

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
So in DW20 pack, is there another way of getting soul sand besides sludge? Sludge isn't fast enough for my needs, I had a max size farm + max size fertilizer and harvester and I only got about 3 soul sand in 5 minutes.

Anyone know of any other mods that can get you soul sand without being OP?

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
What do you need Soul Sand for, anyway? Digging out a "dune" of it in The Nether would yield several stacks, more than enough for most purposes.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
What do you need Soul Sand for, anyway? Digging out a "dune" of it in The Nether would yield several stacks, more than enough for most purposes.

Wither farm to power my nether star generator. Each wither needs 4 soul sand and 1 nether star lasts 3 minutes. So a stack of soul sand would net me 21 nether stars and those 21 nether stars would last me 48 minutes.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
So in DW20 pack, is there another way of getting soul sand besides sludge? Sludge isn't fast enough for my needs, I had a max size farm + max size fertilizer and harvester and I only got about 3 soul sand in 5 minutes.

You can get tons of the stuff if you have the appropriate bees. You'll need soulful wax, which comes from bees pretty far down the line (spirit and soul bees to be precise). Once you've got the bees, however, you're more or less set.

Does DW20 have Reliquary? I seem to recall you can turn redstone into soul sand with the Tome of Alkahest.

You can also get it from scrapboxes. It's like a fraction of a percent, but if you automate the process it might be worthwhile.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
You can get tons of the stuff if you have the appropriate bees. You'll need soulful wax, which comes from bees pretty far down the line (spirit and soul bees to be precise). Once you've got the bees, however, you're more or less set.

Does DW20 have Reliquary? I seem to recall you can turn redstone into soul sand with the Tome of Alkahest.

You can also get it from scrapboxes. It's like a fraction of a percent, but if you automate the process it might be worthwhile.

Alright, automating scrap boxes.

I would do bees but the random chance thing and waiting ages is just annoying. Not to mention once you get your bee you have to hope it gets to purebred status without reverting back 20x.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Is there a mod to add the "/sethome" and "/home" bukkit plugin thingy to single player?

"home" is easier to remember than the three coordinates of my base.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Where can I find a simple description of the goal or point of each of the public mod packs? For example, I know where to find all the mods in Monster and its changelogs, but not what Monster is supposed to be trying to accomplish as a pack, or what makes it unique as a pack.

As far as I know, and I admit I have not played all the packs yet, the only one with a definitive goal is Agrarian Skies, which has a new mod that gives you a quest book with tasks and rewards for progression. New mods for 1.7 are most likely coming with the quest book mod, which is customizable to give different goals.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, automating scrap boxes.

I would do bees but the random chance thing and waiting ages is just annoying. Not to mention once you get your bee you have to hope it gets to purebred status without reverting back 20x.
Gendustry.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Is there a way to keep your custom added mods when you change versions in a modpack? I just lost barrels full of material because I am an idiot and forgot...

Edit: My quarry crash problems were solved by changing out the TE conduits to EnderIO power pipes. Completely fixed the problem. Thanks to all who helped me out on this.

One more thing about the mining quarry, it seems to be leaving behind one single pipe randomly. Its only the top pipe and only sometimes. I had this problem before but what fixed it last time was not moving the top pipes with the quarry. I made sure I wasn't moving them this time aswell but it seems to not have any affect.

I usually erase and start over, but I usually don't get to far anyway. :D

What if you made a few backups of your world before updating so you could test the new update and keep the world original pristine?

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019

I hope you have more than 1 sludge boiler, because if you have only one, it's because the boiler can't use the sludge as fast as the harvester produces it :I