Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Sadly all the floodlights do is light up a cylinder of varying length depending on power provided afaik. There is no "beam animation" or anything which is more what I am looking for. Rotarycraft does add the Lightbridge which sort of does what I am looking for, but only vertically obviously.[DOUBLEPOST=1399405339][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah looking for something a bit more "spectacular" :p

Extra utilities build highlighter? Not sure if you could do a 1 block wide pillar, and it makes my computer cry, but It's the only thing i can thing of other than an actual beacon.

Scarecrow560

Jul 29, 2019
Using Agrarian Skies, and building a MAC for the first time. I just want to build the thing once, would you recommend 6x6 or 7x7? How many Pattern blocks should be enough to cover my needs?
It depends on how much you really want to automate. But you generally do not need more than about 20. You can honestly go smaller in the size of the MAC and use less CPU's

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
The latest 4.1.0g[DOUBLEPOST=1399412612][/DOUBLEPOST]The reset thing happened to me twice in my current TPPI world, once in an old TPPI world, and once in a custom magic pack I made(I quit that pack because of that big assuming it was my fault with the mods I chose)
It sounds to me as if, for some reason, Thaumcraft is unable to edit your player.dat, or that it is getting overwritten. This could possibly be an issue with where the server files are kept; Windows tends to lock certain locations down.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
It sounds to me as if, for some reason, Thaumcraft is unable to edit your player.dat, or that it is getting overwritten. This could possibly be an issue with where the server files are kept; Windows tends to lock certain locations down.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Idk, I am just avoiding thaumcraft for a while

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a system/mod setup that would auto handle bees? I really don't care for the tolerance and biome aspect of bees, it just feels restrictive to me.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a system/mod setup that would auto handle bees? I really don't care for the tolerance and biome aspect of bees, it just feels restrictive to me.
That would be because it is, purposefully, the textbook definition of "restrictive" =P

You can use both Gendustry and Extra Bees machines to alter those traits, and Gendustry has the Industrial Apiary which can be fully automated and upgraded to "simulate" different conditions.

Reactions: PierceSG

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Highly recommend Gendustry. It allows you to remove annoyance from bee breeding by throwing mass amounts of power and resources at it. Definitely breaks the curve on intended bee progression. Makes it into an entirely new minigame.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I cant even load it without this.
Code:
-Xms3G -Xmx3G -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled
I specifically emailed myself this to try it out last night.
Game has been running significantly better (3 hours tested). Thanks epidemia78.

Cool, but was more looking for launcher arguments since I am playing in singleplayer.
@rhn, I'm not sure if I'm addressing your concern, but you can put these arguments into your launcher behind, um, advanced options I believe. (which is what I did). This was single player.

Reactions: epidemia78 and rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I specifically emailed myself this to try it out last night.
Game has been running significantly better (3 hours tested). Thanks epidemia78.

@rhn, I'm not sure if I'm addressing your concern, but you can put these arguments into your launcher behind, um, advanced options I believe. (which is what I did). This was single player.
Oh I though the -Xmx thing was purely for servers. Shows how much I know about the thing :p
Will try them out.

EDIT:
Keep getting stuck on loading screen just after:
[WARNING] [NEIPlugins] Error while calling init() for plugin "Forestry (1.4.5)": mods/neiplugins/common/FirstTickHandler
It just hangs using up 60-70% cpu but no change in memory and no disk usage.

EDIT2:

Turns out that 128m permsize is not enough for Monster+Soartex. Increased it to 256m and it started up just fine:
Code:
-Xms3G -Xmx3G -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure

Quayludious

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing with Thaumcraft for a while now and this has always puzzled me, why doesn't the name of this aspect show up on the node I just scanned? It doesn't show up on essence jars either:
l6dtTwB.png

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing with Thaumcraft for a while now and this has always puzzled me, why doesn't the name of this aspect show up on the node I just scanned? It doesn't show up on essence jars either:
l6dtTwB.png
What pack are you on? It might be a bug in thaumcraft or waila. If it is not a bug you might want to try scanning milk. that is the only other thing I can think of.

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
l6dtTwB.png
Or you havent scanned an item with that aspect yet

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
l6dtTwB.png

I'm guessing that you haven't discovered Sano yet, and it doesn't look like scanning nodes will do that. Just research Victus + Victus to get it to show.